Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2022, 11:56 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Location - location. Intent and protests are allowed if non violent. You can complain about others riots. I’m not for any riot at all, but you cannot diminish what occurred on Jan 6 and the reason it happened or who was in agreement to stop the congress from doing its duty that day. Maybe if they showed up a week before - might have had a diff purpose.
So much incorrect supposition and innuendo here it became canfuzeng

Old 06-11-2022, 12:23 PM

473 posts, read 236,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
1/6 was an ‘attempted’ coup, aka an “insurrection.” Just so you have your terminology straight.
1 - How many revolutionaries did they have?
2 - How well armed where they? List the kinds of weapons and number of weapons they had?

Old 06-11-2022, 12:40 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Lol, I know you have to pretend that's true, but there's no way ANYONE legitimately believes that. Like, at all.

It just further erodes the credibility of anyone even trying to push that narrative because it's obviously false on its face.
I'm sorry you don't believe the Committee is legitimate.

The courts do, and have affirmed it. McCarthy does, or he wouldn't have nominated anyone to sit on it. The DOJ does, because they have indicted Bannon and Navarro at their request. A LOT of republicans do, or they wouldn't waste time trying to figure out how to change the subject. All of the major networks do, or they wouldn't all have covered the entire two hours on Thursday night, nor would they be planning for any further segments (NOTE: Viewership across the networks was better than 19 million viewers. MSNBC had 4.5 million, while Fox had 2.95 million. Fox Business, which did carry the hearings, had a viewership bump from their normal 136,000 to 223,000). They are all planning to continue dedicated coverage. Ivanka Trump does, because she either told the truth about believing Bill Barr and making Daddy furious, or she tossed him under the bus to save her honkus, you decide. Donald Trump does, or he wouldn't have posted his laughable rebuttal to what was shown. You can bet your sweet potato Donnie Divot was glued to the screen.

Other than those and better than half the country, you're probably right. Nobody believes they are legitimate, and nobody cares what they have to say.

Last edited by cuebald; 06-11-2022 at 12:54 PM..

Old 06-11-2022, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
So Barr had jurisdiction over the states? over the Democrat governors and mayors? Yeah. Do you usually make up so much b.s. so quick?
Well, then, I lost you completely somewhere in the toilet paper aisle. Take it up with the states where the riots happened, and find out why they didn't investigate immediately. They are the ones who need to do the investigations if this is a state deal.

I just really don't understand what you think states not investigating riots that happened two years ago are germane to the topic of this thread, and why you would choose to bring them up here. Do they have a bearing on the failed coup on 1/6? Care to educate us?

Old 06-11-2022, 12:48 PM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
Quote:
Other than those and better than half the country, you're probably right. Nobody believes they are legitimate, and nobody cares what they have to say.
Lol feel free to hold your breath that is true, but let's face it, if the situation were reversed and Republicans were holding a sham partisan investigation for propaganda purposes, my opinion wouldn't change but yours would....I think that says it all.

Old 06-11-2022, 12:51 PM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
Quote:
Do they have a bearing on the failed coup on 1/6? Care to educate us?
Hilarious that you state, without evidence, that there was a coup attempt.

Feds opening the doors and convincing a bunch of unarmed boomers to trespass in the Capitol building for a few hours is not a "coup". You do nothing but sacrifice credibility by suggesting otherwise.

Old 06-11-2022, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
If this was just an opening salvo then these hearings are going to be brutal for the Republican Party. Make no mistake there are round the clock back room meetings by the RNC on how to deal with the impending damage. Its a closed case at this point . The rest of the hearings will serve to inflict gratuitous damage to the Trump Brand. Unfortunately too many Trump endorsees, political friends and associates have the Trump Brand on their arse which will be difficult to remove. Including three Supreme Court Justices.
The GOP is painfully aware of just how nasty things are going to get with the testimony of eyewitnesses from both sides of the equation on 1/6. We saw that Thursday with the half dozen or so participants who testified they were only there and involved because Donald Trump told them to, and they obeyed.

I'm still hoping they'll show the list of republican politicians who tried to get Trump to issue them a pardon for 1/6 while he still could. They knew they were participating in a crime, and need to be removed from office immediately because of that.

Old 06-11-2022, 12:54 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,637,116 times
Quote:
I'm sorry you don't believe the Committee is legitimate.

The courts do, and have affirmed it. McCarthy does, or he wouldn't have nominated anyone to sit on it. The DOJ does, because they have indicted Bannon and Navarro at their request. A LOT of republicans do, or they wouldn't waste time trying to figure out how to change the subject. All of the major networks do, or they wouldn't all have covered the entire two hours on Thursday night, nor would they be planning for any further segments (NOTE: Viewership across the networks was better than 19 million viewers. MSNBC had 4.5 million, while Fox had 2.95 million. Fox Business, which did carry the hearings, had a viewership bump from their normal 136,000 to 223,000). They are all planning to continue dedicated coverage. Ivanka Trump does, because she either told the truth about believing Bill Barr and making Daddy furious, or she tossed him under the bus to save her honkus. You decide. Donald Trump does, or he wouldn't have posted his laughable rebuttal to what was shown. You can bet your sweet potato Donnie Divot was glued to the screen.

Any of it doesn't really matter. It won't change the up and coming election massacres. Just will make it worse for the dems.

Trump or no Trump.

Old 06-11-2022, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Lol feel free to hold your breath that is true, but let's face it, if the situation were reversed and Republicans were holding a sham partisan investigation for propaganda purposes, my opinion wouldn't change but yours would....I think that says it all.
If the republicans were holding an investigation into criminal activity by Democrats against the Constitution and our Democracy, I would be behind them one hundred per cent to either exonerate them or prove them guilty and put them away. I have repeatedly stated that on this board over the years, and I really don't care what letter a criminal has after their name. That is how the system works.

I want to see ALL criminals receive justice. Don't you?

Old 06-11-2022, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Hilarious that you state, without evidence, that there was a coup attempt.

Feds opening the doors and convincing a bunch of unarmed boomers to trespass in the Capitol building for a few hours is not a "coup". You do nothing but sacrifice credibility by suggesting otherwise.
Whatever you need to call it to make yourself feel better is fine with me. I watched the video Thursday night. Did you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies