Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2022, 07:57 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,727,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Don’t know. Look it up and let us know…and if you’re so confident in who is or isn’t going to win, bet your confidence on it where it matters most, with your wallet…and your predictions have turned up craps for 5+ years.
That's the point I'm trying make...touting Vegas style oddsmaker numbers are not exactly that reliable especially given the range they change. It is my opinion with the number of variables in play right now NOBODY knows who is going to win the primaries or election. It's nothing more than a bet.

Old 07-23-2022, 08:01 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
That's the point I'm trying make...touting Vegas style oddsmaker numbers are not exactly that reliable especially given the range they change. It is my opinion with the number of variables in play right now NOBODY knows who is going to win the primaries or election. It's nothing more than a bet.
Except you didn’t look it up and let us know from 2013.

Better chance of the oddsmakers being right than your predictions, especially the many you’ve made of because Trump going to prison…but if you’re so sure he’s not going to win you can also bet on that.

Old 07-23-2022, 08:01 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Talking The fake Dereliction of Duty

The farce committe 6 is trying to get President Trump for "Dereliction of Duty" which is for the Military use this for Military to be accused, not civillians but Trump is a civillian.

While some states, such as Ohio, Texas and Virginia, have a crime titled dereliction or neglect of duty, the concept is better known in military law, where a federal criminal statute prohibits a member of the military from being “derelict in the performance of his duties.”

Under this statute, a soldier, for example, can be found guilty of a crime if the soldier failed to take an action that he or she was legally required to take, such as charging a hill following the order of a commander.

The House committee may conclude that President Trump failed to act by not stopping the rioters, which might be considered a violation of his responsibility under the Constitution.

But in my view, this would not be a criminal dereliction of duty]The reason is that though a president is commander in chief of the military, he is a civilian and not a member of the military.

As a result, he is not subject to military law.

Federal criminal law does not contain a dereliction of duty statute.

Any state dereliction of duty laws, regardless of their elements, cannot apply to President Trump because on Jan. 6 he was in Washington, D.C. – not in any state, and D.C. doesn’t have one of its own.

Old 07-23-2022, 08:04 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Except you didn’t look it up and let us know from 2013.

Better chance of the oddsmakers being right than your predictions, especially the many you’ve made of because Trump going to prison…but if you’re so sure he’s not going to win you can also bet on that.
I doubt the odds were on Trump winning. That was the poster's point. Do you think anyone saw Obama winning in 2006? Or Bill winning in 1990?

Old 07-23-2022, 08:07 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,727,776 times
Quote:
Your putting words in my mouth....I haven't made any predictions....I don' have a magic 8 ball. I have made plenty of commentary on the variables that will help determine an outcome...but predictions....none that I can recall....you may be able to find a post of something I made in haste...but actual predictions....no.....especially in the upside down world we live in.

Old 07-23-2022, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I doubt the odds were on Trump winning. That was the poster's point. Do you think anyone saw Obama winning in 2006? Or Bill winning in 1990?
Doubt doesn’t make it so, and another point is, for those so confident in because Trump not winning, they should put their money where their mouth is.

I saw Obuma winning

Old 07-23-2022, 08:12 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
How much free press did Trump get in 2016?? What is the value of that Free Press??
He's still getting free press. You may be gloating that he's now getting bad press. Yeah he is but ever since he'd announced his run for the presidency he's always gotten bad press from the leftist media. Daily, many times daily. Since June 16, 2015 he's gotten bad press from the leftist media. Seems the only ones that the leftist media's bad press hurt was the left. The old saying is being proven..."there is no such thing as bad press". People like the underdog, they always have and always will.

Old 07-23-2022, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Your putting words in my mouth....I haven't made any predictions....I don' have a magic 8 ball. I have made plenty of commentary on the variables that will help determine an outcome...but predictions....none that I can recall....you may be able to find a post of something I made in haste...but actual predictions....no.....especially in the upside down world we live in.
Nope, I’m certainly not. You’ve been predicting for years that Dems were going to get him and that because Trump is going to prison, which has been wrong every time.

Old 07-23-2022, 08:19 PM

Quote:
if its any consolation to you...is there a possibility Trump will 2024...them...yes I do believe that's possible....it's a horrifying thought to me,,,but possible...yea.....probable...I'm saying no...but that is just one man's opinion. How bout you are you convinced Trump will win in 2024?
I’ve said all along he likely won’t run, but I won’t be surprised if he does, and that he loves the attention he gets from Dems living in fear of him winning again.

I’ll make a prediction iIf/when that time comes.

Quote:
Your basically a "one act" pony in here....and this is where I will exit.
In other words, none of your predictions of him going to prison have been correct.

Old 07-23-2022, 08:23 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,417 times
"I disagree with it". (but let me open and hold the door for you). Come on in!!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies