Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2022, 05:42 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,109,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Why do you keep asking about a court date? Not having a court date doesn't make the perp any less guilty.
Lol at perp. If there’s proof to get him as you say, though you’ve provided none, there should be a court date to do so. When is it?

Old 07-24-2022, 05:43 PM

25,427 posts, read 9,750,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Can rely on. What has been said isn’t proof to him inciting a riot, neither are your feelings and assumptions. When’s the court date?
I don't think I've posted about my feelings and assumptions. At least not in those posts above. You don't need a court date to assert guilt. To answer your question, obtaining a court date is a process. It doesn't just happen automatically, and certainly won't happen through the January 6th committee. But I think you know that.

Old 07-24-2022, 05:49 PM

Quote:
I don't think I've posted about my feelings and assumptions. At least not in those posts above. You don't need a court date to assert guilt. To answer your question, obtaining a court date is a process. It doesn't just happen automatically, and certainly won't happen through the January 6th committee. But I think you know that.
I know that there isn’t any proof to him inciting a riot, and to prove because Trump guilty, it’s going to need to be done in a court of law.

Old 07-24-2022, 05:51 PM

25,427 posts, read 9,750,911 times
Quote:
I know that there isn’t any proof to him inciting a riot, and to prove because Trump guilty, it’s going to need to be done in a court of law.
I think we all know that guilt or innocence is proven in a court of law. What we're seeing here is evidence being presented that may or may not later be used in a court of law. It may not even get that far. We can only hope it will.

Old 07-24-2022, 05:54 PM

Quote:
I think we all know that guilt or innocence is proven in a court of law.
Except there’s no evidence that he incited the riot, which you’re going to need to prove guilt. Where’s the proof that can be used in court to get him?

Old 07-24-2022, 06:06 PM

37,069 posts, read 19,043,723 times
Quote:
Except there’s no evidence that he incited the riot, which you’re going to need to prove guilt. Where’s the proof that can be used in court to get him?
He’ll probably be in court in Georgia for election tampering before the DOJ gets a chance at him. Waiting to hear what Rudy Colludy and Miss Lindsey tell the Grand Jury. Fani seems to be further along than Garland, since she’s subpoenaing witnesses in an actual criminal investigation who are next in line below Trump on the food chain.

Old 07-24-2022, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
He’ll probably be in court in Georgia for election tampering before the DOJ gets a chance at him. Waiting to hear what Rudy Colludy and Miss Lindsey tell the Grand Jury. Fani seems to be further along than Garland, since she’s subpoenaing witnesses in an actual criminal investigation.
Been hearing probably for 5+ years. When are they going to finally get him? Another 5+ years?

Old 07-24-2022, 06:09 PM

13,377 posts, read 4,231,670 times
Quote:

They can't prove it. Not by speech and not by actions of the President offering them paybacks of any sort for breaking the law.

They did it because a person told them in a speech and they had to ignore the part when he said peaceful protest? Unless there is a connection of promises by the President or cover up of the promises, they have no case.

That's why after the impeachment trial which was political and he was acquitted and Trump became a private citizen, anything "new" should have been left to the DOJ so due process and impartiality are protected and away from the partisan politics of congress but instead We got a Kangaroo court before the mid-terms.

Old 07-24-2022, 06:12 PM

13,377 posts, read 4,231,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
He’ll probably be in court in Georgia for election tampering before the DOJ gets a chance at him. Waiting to hear what Rudy Colludy and Miss Lindsey tell the Grand Jury. Fani seems to be further along than Garland, since she’s subpoenaing witnesses in an actual criminal investigation who are next in line below Trump on the food chain.

and I wish I had a Ferrari and a Miami beach condo. More wishful thinking. I wish and wish and wish.

Old 07-24-2022, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
They can't prove it. Not by speech and not by actions of the President offering them paybacks of any sort for breaking the law.

They did it because a person told them in a speech and they had to ignore the part when he said peaceful protest? Unless there is a connection of promises by the President or cover up of the promises, they have no case.

That's why after the impeachment trial which was political and he was acquitted and Trump became a private citizen, anything "new" should have been left to the DOJ so due process and impartiality are protected and away from the partisan politics of congress but instead We got a Kangaroo court before the mid-terms.
Bingo…they’re so obsessed with getting him, have no proof to their claims, and are trying to convince everyone there’s evidence without providing any, along with making their own interpretations of what he said to fit their narrative. If there was evidence it would be plastered everywhere, but instead, the hoping, wishing, goosechase, etc…, continues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.