Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 10:45 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,646,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Greg Jacobs testimony. He was Pence's counsel. You can watch it here. I don't think we're going to hear from Pence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4tivPraEBk
While Jacobs said Pence said he didn’t want America or the world to see him “flee” the Capital, a more likely reason was Pence had no control over anything if he got into the car…even if his SS detail chief was with him…

Isn’t that one of the first rules of personal safety a woman is told if she is accosted by someone with I’ll intent—-don’t go peacefully; don’t get into the vehicle if you could resist and get away or bring notice to your abduction???
The least that could happen was he would have been kept in “secure” location and prevented from returning for the recalled vote certification that took place after the mob was dispersed and some order/security returned
Grassley was all prepared to take over and reject the election results
He had made several comments pre riot about how HE would be the next in line and like he didn’t think Pence would show initially…he is involved in this conspiracy and has yet to testify as far as I know

https://www.businessinsider.com/gras...ication-2021-1

https://iowacapitaldispatch.com/2021...college-votes/

The worst for Pence (and democratic rule of law) would be Pence and his motorcade attacked by so-called/identified ANTIFA elements and Pence, his attorney and significant others killed with lot of graphic photos and the attackers melt away—never to be caught—so Trump and GOP could blame anti Trump factions for Pence’s death and the mob rioting…and they have claimed/blamed ANTIFA for 1/6 attack w/o any proof anyway

Pence had more courage than I ever gave him credit for when he carried through with the certification
I never though America would owe him a debt of gratitude for saving our Republic

Old 07-25-2022, 10:50 AM

5,040 posts, read 6,324,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. Because he wasn’t there… and he told folks to go home and they did peacefully at curfew at 6pm.

Always love the cult member accusations. Where are the meetings, and please be specific?
They’re called ‘rallies’.

Old 07-25-2022, 10:53 AM

1,380 posts, read 724,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Pence had more courage than I ever gave him credit for when he carried through with the certification
I never though America would owe him a debt of gratitude for saving our Republic
I don’t think it was courage, it was the certain knowledge that Trump was bat**** crazy and his scheme to steal the election would destroy the country if allowed to proceed.

Old 07-25-2022, 11:13 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,087,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
They’re called ‘rallies’.
Lol. At least you tried

Old 07-25-2022, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Would you folks even believe it if someone proved her wrong? doubtful...extremely doubtful.

I never said that I thought he was as pure as the driven snow, or, that he's as dirty as your leaders and your media has tried to portray him to be over the past 7 years. I do believe that most politicians are corrupt, some worse than others, but I don't believe he is among the worst.
If someone was willing to go under oath and say what Ms. Hutchinson said is not true, it would at least go neutral. Just saying 'doubtful' doesn't mean a thing. It's your opinion. Groovy. Your opinion is dead-bang wrong in my case.

Old 07-25-2022, 11:19 AM

23,102 posts, read 12,232,862 times
Quote:
If someone was willing to go under oath and say what Ms. Hutchinson said is not true, it would at least go neutral. Just saying 'doubtful' doesn't mean a thing. It's your opinion. Groovy. Your opinion is dead-bang wrong in my case.
uh huh

groovy? blast from the past.

Old 07-25-2022, 12:09 PM

5,019 posts, read 3,921,444 times
Quote:
Who cares (beyond the usual lefties and their pals in the press) whether President Trump grabbed or did not grab a steering wheel, door handle, or emergency brake? Or what this Hutchinson woman says about such things. Or who might contradict her statements?

This has become an even-sillier version of the 2nd (failed) impeachment effort.

PS-I heard from someone who heard from someone President Trump tried to climb out a window. After grabbing at the door handle.

Old 07-25-2022, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Who cares (beyond the usual lefties and their pals in the press) whether President Trump grabbed or did not grab a steering wheel, door handle, or emergency brake? Or what this Hutchinson woman says about such things. Or who might contradict her statements?

This has become an even-sillier version of the 2nd (failed) impeachment effort.

PS-I heard from someone who heard from someone President Trump tried to climb out a window. After grabbing at the door handle.
I would think it would matter to you if Trump said to remove the "mags" because the people weren't there to hurt him. I guess as long as they're only hurting the right people, huh?

I personally, don't think that would be super groovy

Old 07-25-2022, 12:43 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,646,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
I don’t think it was courage, it was the certain knowledge that Trump was bat**** crazy and his scheme to steal the election would destroy the country if allowed to proceed.
If you know anything about Pence maybe you didn’t think how out of character it was for him to actually go against someone he spent the last 4.5 yrs kowtowing too and ass-kissing
Pence never had an idea of his own—he has always followed the status quo and done what the “base” (how appropriate is THAT word now) wanted from its leaders
As Gov Pence was a go-along to get along guy
Never did anything to question the GOP rules/agenda really

So yes—I think it was pretty out of character for him to ask others’ opinions rather than just do what Trump and Eastman said were legal and necessary and very much against the historical behavior of the VP
And even when he was pressured he kept to his decision
Maybe his wife is the one we have to thank for Pence pulling on his “big boy” pants that day and getting the election certified—-

But he was toast with the GOP party earlier because Trump excoriated him and his role on 1/6 but now with the hearings and other conservatives coming out against Trump Pence is getting a better reception
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...-race-00032573

Supposedly he is even thinking he can run for POTUS against Trump—but doubt he will win any primary that DeSantis is in—if GOP voters want someone other than Trump

Old 07-25-2022, 12:46 PM

23,102 posts, read 12,232,862 times
Quote:
I would think it would matter to you if Trump said to remove the "mags" because the people weren't there to hurt him. I guess as long as they're only hurting the right people, huh?

I personally, don't think that would be super groovy
"IF"

It's unlikely that he was willing to be assassinated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies