Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2022, 08:38 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,419,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
No, more like you can't read. I have never said anything negative about the DOJ over the matter because they haven't said much and I said they belong to the only branch that can do criminal investigations and protect due process. Laws were broken in 1/6th so DUH! that's their job to investigate and I don't want to hear from them unless they have indictments on Trump. I don't need the Democrat political spin or wishful thinking. We had enough under Mueller and impeachments.
Why do you only want to hear about Trump indictments? There are many more people involved in the scheme to endanger our entire way of governance. This was not a one-man show, and it encompasses a lot more than a riot on January 6th.

A few posts back you said:

Quote:
Same party in power. AG Garland was appointed by Biden. That's his boss. To say the Legislative branch and the Executive Branch of the same party doesn't talk to each or work hand in hand politically is really naive.
This sounds like you doubt the DOJ'S integrity. Did I read that wrong?

Old 07-28-2022, 08:40 PM

13,442 posts, read 4,287,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
OMG. You have been posting almost every day for 2 months “prove it in court”
Now that the DOJ is looking to prosecute you are changing your tune.
I’m actually not surprised

Funny, you have more posts than me by far in this topic and you keep speaking for the DOJ like you work there. How am I changing my tune?

Old 07-28-2022, 08:47 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,784,341 times
Quote:
is that what you call it "facts" and Google? Then it will be an easy prosecution and conviction at the DOJ. So many facts. When will the trial start?
This

Old 07-28-2022, 08:49 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,784,341 times
Quote:
Money is more accurate than feelings and a lot more accurate than wishful thinking.
Don't you need an indictment and conviction in court to find somebody guilty of a crime? Let me know when the trial starts and they got the jury.
And this

Those are in the last 24 hours

Old 07-28-2022, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
Why do you only want to hear about Trump indictments? There are many more people involved in the scheme to endanger our entire way of governance. This was not a one-man show, and it encompasses a lot more than a riot on January 6th.

How people in 4 hours that all have been arrested are any danger to a nuclear super power? They have no power. Compare that to the people in power and comeback to me.

Quote:
This sounds like you doubt the DOJ'S integrity. Did I read that wrong?

That's political. What did you expect Garland to say? "No comment, We don't respect the hearing, We don't recognize the hearing?" He works for Biden and he isn't trashing the hearing. Both branches are the same party. I didn't say anything about the DOJ and their constitutional powers or due process. That's a whole different ballgame which the judicial branch keeps an eye on the DOJ.

Old 07-28-2022, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
And this

Those are in the last 24 hours

What about? is the DOJ indicting? Did I miss the breaking news?

Old 07-28-2022, 09:33 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,637,866 times
Quote:
The DOJ started its work in short order and has brought more than 800 cases to date. I think it's fair to say they have not been dragging their feet. They have at least three grand juries empaneled and hundreds of attorneys are hard at work. The fact that they are watching and learning from the J6 Committee's work is natural; all investigations have the same goal of uncovering the truth and the DOJ will eventually charge those responsible as appropriate.

Shame shame shame. The DOJ needed a one-sided, one-way, political hearing to get their ass of the sofa, and do their job, based on a one-sided, one-way Democrat sponsored hearing. How Sad.

Old 07-28-2022, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Shame shame shame. The DOJ needed a one-sided, one-way, political hearing to get their ass of the sofa, and do their job, based on a one-sided, one-way Democrat sponsored hearing. How Sad.

That's like the Marines waiting on the Boys Scouts do to an amphibious assault. "how you do it, We need a lead to show us how it's done"

Old 07-28-2022, 10:29 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Nice dig. I'm 100% proud American with ancestors who fought with Washington at Valley Forge, and immigrants who pulled handcarts westward without a penny in their pocket, and didn't require freebies.
Sorry for off topic, being a proud American. But do I have to apologize anyway.
No, it's ok. The moniker I use here throws people off. I chose the name for St Hesychios the Priest, an ancient Byzantine Christian writer.

I too have ancestors who fought in the American revolution. Two that I know of, because they received land grants later in Mississippi territory for their service. Check for that when you do the research, you might also see land grants or pensions awarded.

You and I have a right to be proud of our ancestors achievements, and I am also personally thankful for what your family and others have done for all of us.

Old 07-28-2022, 11:07 PM

13,249 posts, read 7,304,105 times
Quote:
Who says the DOJ was waiting they started at the bottom and worked their way up I believe they wanted to make the ones at the top think they were going to get away maybe gather more from communications they had tapped into. That early press release came from AP news said unnamed sources in the FBI claim there was no evidence of the Jan 6 attack was planned by anyone in the Trump campaign. It was repeated here on this forum 100's of times only much later Garland said his investigation was far from being over. It's up to the randomly picked Grand Jury members who will decide to charge or not DOJ will only present evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies