Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2022, 01:41 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,784,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
After 6 years, of course you love it. Trump lives in your head rent free. I guess there's nothing going on in the country. I guess you still think this and abortions will drive the mid-terms.
No it’s the “I don’t know if it’s low intelligence or delusional but I love It.”
Jordan Kepler has made a financially successful media career just going MAGA rallies and recording the inane and delusional responses of trump supporters.

Jordan Klepper Shows Trump Supporters January 6th Hearing Clips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNIJH5gufaQ

“It was an Ivanka clone”
Barr “he’s turned on him. He’s been paid.”

Comedy gold.This thread has the same great stuff

Old 07-30-2022, 01:49 PM

13,442 posts, read 4,287,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
No it’s the “I don’t know if it’s low intelligence or delusional but I love It.”
Jordan Kepler has made a financially successful media career just going MAGA rallies and recording the inane and delusional responses of trump supporters.

Jordan Klepper Shows Trump Supporters January 6th Hearing Clips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNIJH5gufaQ

“It was an Ivanka clone”
Barr “he’s turned on him. He’s been paid.”

Comedy gold.This thread has the same great stuff
Who is Jordan Kepler? I find similar videos on Democrats and why they voted for Biden. It's very funny but today is not funny. It's very expensive.

Old 07-30-2022, 03:19 PM

3,502 posts, read 3,134,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Don't have to explain squat. You said the same thing during the Mueller probe. IT DIDN'T GO YOUR WAY. Because of that your pissed, that he walked. And he will again.
Your hot temperament will just get hotter.
You bring up the Mueller investigation as if that was some kind of triumph. It was made plain that the only reason charges weren’t brought against Trump was the DOJ’s policy not to prosecute a sitting president.

Old 07-30-2022, 04:33 PM

23,543 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You should let DOJ know you found that. They might have overlooked it when they declined to indict.

From Comey’s commentary, it may have come down to intent as the deciding factor. Which, as we have discussed before, is why the DOJ is moving so slowly in their [at least] three investigations of Trump. From a couple of articles I have seen, he may be planning a defense based on his really believing he had won the election, even though everyone in his administration and their second cousins had told him, as Barr so succinctly put it in his testimony in the first hearing, it was “bull****.”

If/when he is indicted, it will be because DOJ has decided he willingly, knowingly, and premeditatedly broke the law by planning and staging a coup attempt against the United States, and they are 99% certain they can prove it to a jury beyond any reasonable doubt in a court of law.
There is no requirement for intent. He was lying.

Old 07-30-2022, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Actually, what you earlier said, that Comey said, was:

"To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now."

Words have meaning. Security and administrative sanctions is NOT synonymous with criminal charges, and in fact it is very rare if someone who mishandles classified information did so through negligence or carelessness, that they are charged. Can you find me a quote where Comey said or even clearly implied others would have been charged?

I'm betting no. And it's clearly not Comey who's twisting words here. You're simply misinterpreting them, to get to the result you desperately want-but won't get.
You can prove that no one has ever been charged for gross negligence when handling classified material?

Old 07-30-2022, 06:45 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,346,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
He'd originally written a draft saying that she had been "grossly negligent", and that was before he'd even interviewed her and other witnesses. He later acknowledged her crimes, but then downplayed them from grossly negligent to extremely careless, claiming it was 'because' there was no intent. Intent has no bearing on the statute for grossly negligent, that it was done was all that matters whether there was intent or not. He'd lied to America, and he exonerated her.

https://www.newsweek.com/comey-draft...ail-fbi-704439
Yeah, that's terrible that he edits his drafts for clear meaning in light of further and clearer understanding. Horrible, horrible crime.

Wasn't there some other dude who had some classified information that he had not taken action to declassify in his possession recently? I seem to recall. Had to be retrieved from Florida? I mean, if you're going to so aggressively go after Hillary, you should be consistent, don't you think? To avoid hypocrisy?

I happen to think both of them were negligent, but probably not to the point that charging them with this particular crime is fruitful. Clearly Comey felt the same way about Clinton. But in the end, it was the AG's decision-not Comey's, and he declined to charge.

Last edited by GeorgiaTransplant; 07-30-2022 at 06:53 PM..

Old 07-30-2022, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Yeah, that's terrible that he edits his drafts for clear meaning in light of further and clearer understanding. Horrible, horrible crime.
Clear meaning, or protecting? She'd committed crimes and it was clear that he'd downplayed those crimes.

Quote:
Wasn't there some other dude who had some classified information that he had not taken action to declassify in his possession recently? I seem to recall. Had to be retrieved from Florida? I mean, if you're going to so aggressively go after Hillary, you should be consistent, don't you think? To avoid hypocrisy?
I have absolutely no clue of who the "some other dude" is that you're speaking of.

Quote:
I happen to think both of them were negligent, but probably not to the point that charging them with this particular crime is fruitful. Clearly Comey felt the same way about Clinton. But in the end, it was the AG's decision-not Comey's, and he declined to charge.
Who is "he" that had "declined to charge"? Lynch? Lynch is not a he...well, according to the left she might be since they don't know what a woman is. Remember her infamous tarmac meeting?

Old 07-30-2022, 08:28 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I have no idea
I am sure Fani Willis knows the statue of limitations on voter fraud and interfering with an election but I don’t
They’ll never get him…and lol at Fani, the new flavor to try and get him in a long line of so many that have failed.

Old 07-31-2022, 07:23 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
The Coup against the US took place in summer 2020 in downtown in Seattle.
You are trying to equate what happened on January 6th with a spontaneous civil disturbance. It does not work.

The attack on the capitol building was no mere riot. It was part of a coordinated plan which included fake electors and the swapping of electoral votes illegally. The attack was led by two different 'militia' groups which planned it in advance and brought weapons.

The attack which killed several people on the Capitol grounds was an act of terror orchestrated by people around the former guy to move things along inside where the legal process was to be interrupted.

The whole thing was part of a coordinated plan. That is the crime.

Don't be a tool for the coup plotters.

Old 07-31-2022, 07:54 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,426,948 times
Not one thing in the above post is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies