Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2022, 06:04 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Whichever way you want to spin it.
Spin?

Old 08-06-2022, 06:09 PM

26,570 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Since all Engel had basically said, as far as we know since it was done behind closed doors, is that Engel and Trump had "different views" on the matter.

correct! and this is the heart of the matter, that trump tried to get Engel and company to take him to the capitol ( unless you believe Engel was the one that wanted to go to the capitol and Trump had a "different view" ).

Quote:
There was nothing, as far as I know (or that anyone knows for that matter), where he'd claimed Trump had grabbed the steering wheel, etc.

the claim of Trump pushing past the SS agent and grabbing the steering wheel is just click-bait headline fodder IMO. the true meat of the matter is that Trump tried to order the SS to take him to the capitol.

Quote:
Hutchinson's story ...

to be specific, Hutchinson's account of Ornados story told in front of Engel. both those two have lawyered up so we'll have to wait and see if any more comes from that direction.

Old 08-06-2022, 06:10 PM

37,186 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Georgia is the biggest with the election fraud that was caught on tape. I don't understand why conservatives, Republicans and "True Patriots" ignore that crime or act like it is nothing. It is corrupt as Hell and not what the founding fathers ever wanted for us.
Rudy Colludy and Miss Lindsey are scheduled to testify in Fulton county on the 23rd. For my money, this is the most serious threat that Trump is facing soon. It's going to be a real neat trick to explain that call to a jury's satisfaction. I really don't think he can do it. All of the stump speech bravado in Christendom isn't going to help him in a trial where they deal with facts.

Trump could end up a felon in Georgia before the end of the year.

https://www.vox.com/2021/1/4/2221303...l-fraud-felony

Old 08-06-2022, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Don't forget Geogia
Georgia on my mind.

Old 08-06-2022, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Rudy Colludy and Miss Lindsey are scheduled to testify in Fulton county on the 23rd. For my money, this is the most serious threat that Trump is facing soon. It's going to be a real neat trick to explain that call to a jury's satisfaction. I really don't think he can do it. All of the stump speech bravado in Christendom isn't going to help him in a trial where they deal with facts.

Since when did he let facts bother him, lol?

Old 08-06-2022, 06:17 PM

37,186 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Spin?
Projection. It's what MAGA does best.

Old 08-06-2022, 06:28 PM

4,384 posts, read 4,236,654 times
Quote:
Please link an article/description that shows how the secret service, in the presidents car, deals with contacting each other and other cars in the motorcades? Is there is a certain car in the motorcade that acts like a clearinghouse of information between all cars and the president's car?....doubtful that would be either the president's car or the lead car.

Without knowing how the motorcades operate as far as vehicle-to-vehicle communications, it does not mean that the Trump car was in contact with the lead car. And it certainly does not mean that the mic in Trump's car was open for all to hear.

Besides, the poster I'd responded to said that the cop "saw" the alleged altercation, which is NOT what the cop had said...he'd said he'd heard it from secret service chatter, and he didn't specify if it was more than one agent or if he'd heard both sides of the convo. It doesn't appear the committee cared at all about pinning him down on how he'd heard it. sloppy.

Since all Engel had basically said, as far as we know since it was done behind closed doors, is that Engel and Trump had "different views" on the matter. There was nothing, as far as I know (or that anyone knows for that matter), where he'd claimed Trump had grabbed the steering wheel, etc. Hutchinson's story on that was apparently not backed up by Engel's testimony.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...panel-00038217

If you, or anyone, wants to continue to insist that Engel's story backed up Hutchinson's story, about Trump becoming physical towards secret service, then please link a transcript of Engel's full testimony to prove your point!
https://leftlanenews.com/2017/09/24/...ts-limo-80466/

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...tial-motorcade

Old 08-06-2022, 06:28 PM

23,572 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
correct! and this is the heart of the matter, that trump tried to get Engel and company to take him to the capitol ( unless you believe Engel was the one that wanted to go to the capitol and Trump had a "different view" ).

the claim of Trump pushing past the SS agent and grabbing the steering wheel is just click-bait headline fodder IMO. the true meat of the matter is that Trump tried to order the SS to take him to the capitol.

to be specific, Hutchinson's account of Ornados story told in front of Engel. both those two have lawyered up so we'll have to wait and see if any more comes from that direction.
So, Trump said something like "take me to the Capitol" and the agent said "no". That sounds like a "difference of opinion" that Engel's had mentioned, right? So what?

How does that back up Hutchinson's tale of Trump getting physical with the agent? Seems like a stretch on her part, to any thinking person.

"Those two" will likely give their testimony to real investigators, if it gets that far.

Old 08-06-2022, 06:30 PM

23,572 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Projection. It's what MAGA does best.
lmao. Apparently that poster hasn't paid any attention at all to what you'd been saying.

Old 08-06-2022, 06:36 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
So Trump never said the election was rigged? Trump and his cronies never tried getting fake electors to name him president and undermine our democratic republic. Why do you hate the Constitution and our country so much?
Lol. Love the assumptions. Where’s the proof that will hold up in a court of law to get him? When’s the trial?

Quote:

https://www.vox.com/2021/1/4/2221303...l-fraud-felony
I wouldn’t bet more than you can afford to lose, as every prediction/indictment prediction you’ve made to get him has been wrong for 6 years.

Quote:
lmao. Apparently that poster hasn't paid any attention at all to what you'd been saying.
Which is a great move since they’ve been wrong for 6 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies