Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2022, 03:16 PM

13,249 posts, read 7,308,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The guy sounds like a real winner but still. WHAT was the intent of the Justice Department in releasing the photo of the guy sporting what is now referred to as the Hitler stache? Where they trying to crucify him in the court of public opinion and destroy his character or are they actually intentionally going for a mistrial?

Posting the photo is like showing the jury before the trial a photo of an accused pedophile wearing a pair of underoos on his head.

Oh well when it comes to Trump and destroying him and his supporters anything goes.
The question is why would Trump give a platform like that to someone defending a guy like that? The rally was suppose to be about Doctor OZ and Doug Mastriano.

DOJ is trying to show the American people who these people that attacked the capital are not some tourist who wanted to tour the building Trump calls them "Good People".

Old 09-05-2022, 03:27 PM

8,497 posts, read 4,559,995 times
Makes sense - Neo-Nazis love Trump as he is, in their own words, one of them.

Old 09-06-2022, 10:12 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Default Judge Removes Trump Supporter Couy Griffin From Office for Engaging in the January 6 Insurrection

A New Mexico judge ordered Otero County Commissioner Couy Griffin be removed from office, effective immediately, ruling that the attack on the Capitol was an insurrection and that Griffin’s participation in it disqualified him under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment. This decision marks the first time since 1869 that a court has disqualified a public official under Section 3, and the first time that any court has ruled the events of January 6, 2021 an insurrection.

https://www.citizensforethics.org/ne...-insurrection/

Good. Let's see more of them losing their livelihoods.

Old 09-06-2022, 12:34 PM

24,484 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Well it reads like he was more than just some guy that was swept up in the moment so his removal from office was probably warranted but the judge in the ruling cited that Griffin violated his oath of office and his oath to defend the Constitution. I guess they gave no weight to the idea that Biden's "win" was a violation of the Constitution?

Oh well, better luck next time dude.

Of course this ruling should also take into account the many Democrat elected that encouraged and allowed the Riots in their cities, I mean, you have to order your Police to stand down to give those Social Justice Warriors space to destroy, Right? I guess it is all good unless it is you, your property or business caught inside that space?

If Griffin is out for his involvement in a riot it seems that there are many Democrats that should also be tossed...?

Old 09-24-2022, 12:43 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Default WH Switchboard Calls Rioter on January 6th?

If true, it's pretty chilling. This information comes from analysis of millions of lines of data that day.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/denve...b01804e08e4812

Old 09-24-2022, 12:50 PM

6,797 posts, read 9,350,606 times
So chilling.

NOT. I don’t think anyone cares about January 6 anymore.

Old 09-24-2022, 12:51 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
So chilling.

NOT. I don’t think anyone cares about January 6 anymore.
I think you're wrong, lol.

Old 09-27-2022, 10:31 PM

13,249 posts, read 7,308,440 times
Default Mitch McConnell gives big boost to electoral bill in response to January 6 attack

McConnell backing the bill to modify the Electoral count act changes include requiring 1/5th of the chamber to vote in order to just object to any states certified electors. The bill will would address the fake elector certificates issue make only certificates sent by the Governor of a state to be accepted. Also makes it clear that the Vice President only has ceremonial role in counting the electors.

These are some good changes really should make it 2/3 of congress has to vote in order to reject a states certified electors making it essentially the same as an senate conviction for impeachment of a president.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/27/polit...ell/index.html

Old 10-06-2022, 10:39 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,184,331 times
Unhappy Pastor Charged as to the Capitol Riot

Now, I'm very familiar with the Berrigans, priests who were anti-war and anti-nuclear weapons protesters and Jackie Hudson, a nun who protested at nuke plants. Those folks took their legal lumps, most notably the 'Catonsville Nine' who were prosecuted for burning draft board files in Maryland. They got jail time.

Now we have an Ohio pastor who wrapped the Capitol protest in religious terms. He's facing felony charges. Pastor Dunfee is charged with:
Quote:
committing violence on the grounds of the U.S. Capitol, interfering with a law enforcement officer during a civil disorder, and obstruction of an official proceeding.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-capitol-riot/

all of which don't seem seemly for a preacher.

Quote:
“Hallelujah,” Dunfee said when another rioter announced that they had stopped Congress' certification of the election, later telling a crowd, “Mission accomplished.”
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...line-rcna50898

One thing that should be remembered is that the Catonsville Nine kinda accepted punishment -- they apologized to the media for 'burning paper so children won't get burned' and went to jail. I want to see how the pastor responds to the charges against him.

Old 10-06-2022, 10:56 AM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
“Hallelujah,” Dunfee said when another rioter announced that they had stopped Congress' certification of the election, later telling a crowd, “Mission accomplished.”
This is a chargeable crime now? If so, I guess there is absolutely no question that we are living in a police state on a rabid witch hunt. Guess we all better watch when we say "hallelujah" or "awesome" when something supposedly happens that we may approve of, yet the state does not.

So for instance, if a meteor hits Washington DC and reduces it to a smoldering crater, I notice it in passing on the local news channel, and I say "hallelujah," I'm going to jail? Will I also be burned at the stake?

(notice, NSA, DHS, and SS observers, I said "IF" -- you do understand the meaning of the word if, right? Or is the mere act of considering considered a crime against the state?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies