Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2022, 12:24 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

From the OP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Now, I'm very familiar with the Berrigans, priests who were anti-war and anti-nuclear weapons protesters and Jackie Hudson, a nun who protested at nuke plants. Those folks took their legal lumps, most notably the 'Catonsville Nine' who were prosecuted for burning draft board files in Maryland. They got jail time.

Now we have an Ohio pastor who wrapped the Capitol protest in religious terms. He's facing felony charges. Pastor Dunfee is charged with:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-capitol-riot/

all of which don't seem seemly for a preacher.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...line-rcna50898

One thing that should be remembered is that the Catonsville Nine kinda accepted punishment -- they apologized to the media for 'burning paper so children won't get burned' and went to jail. I want to see how the pastor responds to the charges against him.
I read the link...I'm not seeing much. I don't think he even went into the Capitol.

They’re accusing him of traveling from his home in Frazeysburg, Ohio, to Washington, D.C., where he allegedly instigated rioters, pushed barricades into officers and praised those who stormed the Capitol as they left the building.

Dunfee has been charged with several felonies and misdemeanors, including committing violence on the grounds of the U.S. Capitol, interfering with a law enforcement officer during a civil disorder, and obstruction of an official proceeding.

What's the difference between this guy and Ray Epps - who is still residing in the shadows?

Dunfee told protesters not to destroy any property but said elected officials “need to fear us,” the affidavit states.

At 1:44, Dunfee pushed a metal barricade against officers trying to hold the swell of protesters back, the affidavit states. About eight minutes later, he encouraged people not to get violent, destroy things or do anything that would send them to jail, court records state.

Just before 2 p.m., Dunfee again pushed a metal barricade into Capitol Police officers, the FBI affidavit states. Once those barricades were breached some 20 minutes later, he is accused of advancing on the Capitol with his hands in the air.

Around 2:07, Dunfee, nearing the Capitol’s east entrance, allegedly told members of the mob to raise their arms as he walked toward a group of police officers blocking them from entering the building. About 15 minutes later, he is accused of pushing through members of the mob to approach the doors once more before he eventually walked away.

They are still doing this two years later... meanwhile, they have been quiet as a church mouse on the incident where 59 people died and 869 people were injured five years ago in Las Vegas.

Old 10-06-2022, 12:30 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
I included a media outlet other than the paywalled WAPO. Please read the entire take to understand why he is charged.

For instance:

Let him explain to his congregation how this was non-violent protest.
So he never even entered the Capitol? And the worst he did was push on a metal barricade-presumably with a good number of others? According to the FBI, an organization with little credibility at the moment?

Guess he should have been burning businesses to the ground, looting stores, dragging people from their cars and beating them or firebombing police stations-then he'd get a pass. I wonder if Kammie Harris will at least pay his bail?

Old 10-06-2022, 12:31 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
From the OP...
I read the link...I'm not seeing much. I don't think he even went into the Capitol.
Did you see this?
Quote:
He is not charged with entering the building.

Old 10-06-2022, 12:56 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Did you see this?
Nope. I searched the WaPo article for the words "charged" and "entering". Didn't see it. Don't know where you got that quote from... it isn't there.

Old 10-06-2022, 01:05 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Nope. I searched the WaPo article for the words "charged" and "entering". Didn't see it. Don't know where you got that quote from... it isn't there.
It is in the nbc article cited in the first post.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies