Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2022, 09:38 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Nothing wrong? How can you say that with a straight face?
You can't take Trump supporters seriously. Trump people on this forum aren't interested in having serious, fact-based conversation. Because then they'd have to admit they were wrong. And they'll never do that.

The best they have is "TDS," because they know they can't defend Trump's lies if they were forced to only talk factual information.

Old 06-13-2022, 09:40 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Now, your in Trump's brain
He stalks Trump and watches his every move. Kinda creepy!

Old 06-13-2022, 09:46 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
You can't take Trump supporters seriously. Trump people on this forum aren't interested in having serious, fact-based conversation. Because then they'd have to admit they were wrong. And they'll never do that.

The best they have is "TDS," because they know they can't defend Trump's lies if they were forced to only talk factual information.
It’s been 5+ years and still haven’t seen facts to get him, so if you have those facts, a fact-based conversation would be great. Instead, it’s been allegations, assumptions, speculation, feelings, etc…, that don’t hold water…unless you have facts to get him?

Old 06-13-2022, 09:51 PM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
It’s been 5+ years and still haven’t seen facts to get him, so if you have those facts, a fact-based conversation would be great. Instead, it’s been allegations, assumptions, speculation, feelings, etc…, that don’t hold water…unless you have facts to get him?
Meh, I don’t care about “getting” him.

I do care that the Stop The Steal lie has been exposed.

Even his own daughter doesn’t believe it.

That’s enough for me.

Old 06-13-2022, 09:56 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Happily. As soon as we’ve finished dealing with the former guy. He’s not getting away with this.
While I could honestly not care less whether Trump faces charges or not, posts like this are comedy gold.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but surely even you must have doubts about the Democrats “getting” Trump at this point. For 6 years the nation has watched the Democrats and their sycophants in the media throw everything but the kitchen sink at Trump trying to “get” him and repeatedly fail to accomplish their goal. It has been proven that they lied about multiple things in their efforts to destroy Trump, yet there has been no investigation into their attempt at a soft insurgency. It’s been a political version of the Keystone Kops, led by a woman who had so little respect for her office or that of the President that she purposely shredded his State of the Union speech. Anything that Pelosi is involved in, most people automatically question her motives.

Even the most loyal of partisans has to eventually realize that their team’s track record on this topic is abysmal.

Trump is a narcissistic, egotistical jackass. I didn’t vote for him (voted third party), although I had no issue with most of his policies, nor would I vote for him if he ran in 2024. Quite frankly, I would not be surprised if he had more skeletons in his closet than Clinton had cigars. But the obsession the Democrats have with “getting” Trump is blinding them to the fact that our country is getting ready to run off a cliff while they’re driving. If they don’t hit the brakes pretty soon, there are going to be a whole lot of people voting for the other side for a long time to come. Carter was the last President who ignored/minimized the economy, and it was 12 years before the Democrats got the White House again. The Dems are already looking at a red wave in the midterms, and if the Democrats don’t get on the ball and start fixing some of the problems there’s going to be a whole lot of angry Independents voting “other” if Biden or Harris run in 2024.

Old 06-13-2022, 10:03 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Meh, I don’t care about “getting” him.

I do care that the Stop The Steal lie has been exposed.

Even his own daughter doesn’t believe it.

That’s enough for me.
Sure you care. Getting him just isn’t going to happen.

In other words you have no facts for a fact-based conversation. Just accusations, assumptions, allegations, and speculation.

Obviously it’s not or you would be posting facts to have a conversation, versus making unfounded claims about because Trump supporters.

Old 06-13-2022, 10:04 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,094,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
While I could honestly not care less whether Trump faces charges or not, posts like this are comedy gold.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but surely even you must have doubts about the Democrats “getting” Trump at this point. For 6 years the nation has watched the Democrats and their sycophants in the media throw everything but the kitchen sink at Trump trying to “get” him and repeatedly fail to accomplish their goal. It has been proven that they lied about multiple things in their efforts to destroy Trump, yet there has been no investigation into their attempt at a soft insurgency. It’s been a political version of the Keystone Kops, led by a woman who had so little respect for her office or that of the President that she purposely shredded his State of the Union speech. Anything that Pelosi is involved in, most people automatically question her motives.

Even the most loyal of partisans has to eventually realize that their team’s track record on this topic is abysmal.

Trump is a narcissistic, egotistical jackass. I didn’t vote for him (voted third party), although I had no issue with most of his policies, nor would I vote for him if he ran in 2024. Quite frankly, I would not be surprised if he had more skeletons in his closet than Clinton had cigars. But the obsession the Democrats have with “getting” Trump is blinding them to the fact that our country is getting ready to run off a cliff while they’re driving. If they don’t hit the brakes pretty soon, there are going to be a whole lot of people voting for the other side for a long time to come. Carter was the last President who ignored/minimized the economy, and it was 12 years before the Democrats got the White House again. The Dems are already looking at a red wave in the midterms, and if the Democrats don’t get on the ball and start fixing some of the problems there’s going to be a whole lot of angry Independents voting “other” if Biden or Harris run in 2024.
Comedy gold? Glad you’re amused.

I owe no loyalty to the Democratic Party. I voted for Reagan in the 80s and Nader in the late 90s. But the Republican Party is off the rails these days.

Democrats have not been ignoring gas prices and inflation. Republicans have voted against attempts at mitigation.

Old 06-13-2022, 10:19 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,797,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post

I agree with so much of what you posted!
I did vote for Trump in 2016. Hillary was a hell no so in reality it was Trump. I was not a fan of his at all but I had to hold my nose and hope I was making the right decision for country.
As for skeletons in their closet, who doesn't have some?
What many Americans are going through right now, they are going to vote for those who are promising they will make a change and bring back what we have become comfortable with in the past.
These next two elections are going to be something else. I just hope people are strong enough to not listen to the media and do their own research.

Old 06-13-2022, 10:25 PM

6,661 posts, read 2,969,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
What many Americans are going through right now, they are going to vote for those who are promising they will make a change and bring back what we have become comfortable with in the past.
These next two elections are going to be something else. I just hope people are strong enough to not listen to the media and do their own research.
I just don't want any legacy people running.

No Trump, no trump kids,..no Hilary, no Clintons, No Obama, no Obama proteges, No Biden, No Bushes...get all these drama names outta here.

I dunno if that leaves anyone, lol,...but c'mon,...

Old 06-13-2022, 10:40 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,797,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I just don't want any legacy people running.

No Trump, no trump kids,..no Hilary, no Clintons, No Obama, no Obama proteges, No Biden, No Bushes...get all these drama names outta here.

I dunno if that leaves anyone, lol,...but c'mon,...
I completely understand this so much! I want someone who is someone who is somewhat sane and understand what a normal American is dealing with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies