Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2022, 09:29 AM

19,770 posts, read 9,314,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyone777 View Post
In this day and age, I don't blame a non liberal for cutting off a liberal. People's livelihoods are being affected by their stupidity.
This brings up a question -- I am wondering who is doing the most "cutting off" now (meaning in the past six months or so) -- non-liberals cutting off liberals or liberals cutting off non-liberals.

I really don't have enough acquaintances to judge, but just going by the posts I see on City-Data, until about a year ago, I saw many more posts saying they would cut off people who voted for Trump, but now I am seeing more posts from non-liberals saying that they now find it hard to tolerate far-left liberals at all.

Again, though, I do know enough people to say which is more prevalent now (Trump haters or liberal haters).

Personally, I do try to avoid extreme liberals as much as I try to avoid racists of any color.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2022, 10:13 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,663,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
I’m reminded of this…
He didn’t say that
And if he did, he didn’t mean that
And if he did, you didn’t understand it
And you did, it’s not a big deal
And if it is, others of said worse

Ive seen people try to sell this crap over and over. I saw many times the media lied and misrepresent what he said several times. "GO peacefully make your voice heard" is very clear to me.

I saw many times the media tried to say he said to drink bleach when the word bleach wasn't in the official transcript of the meeting, it was added by the fake news media.

On the other hand "form a crowd and get in their face" Maxine said is also very clear and is incitement.

Old 06-14-2022, 10:41 AM

362 posts, read 143,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
This brings up a question -- I am wondering who is doing the most "cutting off" now (meaning in the past six months or so) -- non-liberals cutting off liberals or liberals cutting off non-liberals.

I really don't have enough acquaintances to judge, but just going by the posts I see on City-Data, until about a year ago, I saw many more posts saying they would cut off people who voted for Trump, but now I am seeing more posts from non-liberals saying that they now find it hard to tolerate far-left liberals at all.

Again, though, I do know enough people to say which is more prevalent now (Trump haters or liberal haters).

Personally, I do try to avoid extreme liberals as much as I try to avoid racists of any color.
From what I've read elsewhere, it is the intolerable liberals doing the cutting off. They hate anyone who doesn't share the same opinion or values as them. Friends, family, celebrities -- anyone. "Trump Supporter" is used as some type of slur or insult amongst those people.

I find it hard to tolerate liberals because a lot of the things they're for has personally affected me and ruined society. It's a while different ball game when it gets to that point. Most liberals don't like conservatives...because we're conservative and due to the crap CNN has filled their heads up with.

Old 06-14-2022, 10:58 AM

88,487 posts, read 84,616,527 times
Quote:
From what I've read elsewhere, it is the intolerable liberals doing the cutting off. They hate anyone who doesn't share the same opinion or values as them. Friends, family, celebrities -- anyone. "Trump Supporter" is used as some type of slur or insult amongst those people.

I find it hard to tolerate liberals because a lot of the things they're for has personally affected me and ruined society. It's a while different ball game when it gets to that point. Most liberals don't like conservatives...because we're conservative and due to the crap CNN has filled their heads up with.
Not picking on you personally, but what I bolded is exactly the problem, no matter which "side" does it. These sweeping generalizations are not always true and serve to do nothing but continue the division. I'd say the same if someone said something like "most conservatives want to keep women down".

But this is by far the most popular way of posting on this forum. "THEY" do this, "THEY" do that. In real life, we find that most of this is not true. As already discussed, my own family includes those who lean liberal, those who lean right, one far-right extremist who fits the crazy descriptions that many liberals accuse all conservatives of here and who herself says bizarre things about people who don't agree with her views, and a couple of completely apathetic brothers who don't even vote.

We don't stop talking to one another, most of the time. The sister who almost died from COVID, herself a conservative, did put some distance between herself and the far-right-wing one who sent her a video "proving" that "they" inserted the COVID into her lungs at the hospital, but they are still speaking. Or texting on the family group text, actually.

I am fairly liberal, but I don't watch CNN, by the way. It is very biased.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 06-14-2022 at 11:08 AM..

Old 06-14-2022, 11:01 AM

6,091 posts, read 2,710,511 times
I've learned politics brings out the worst in people when I'm around family or friends I stay away from the subject. I save my ranting and raving for C-D.

Old 06-14-2022, 11:11 AM

88,487 posts, read 84,616,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
I've learned politics brings out the worst in people when I'm around family or friends I stay away from the subject. I save my ranting and raving for C-D.
Yup, and I try to remain neutral and civil here, but too often my posts are answered with the standard-issue rants and recitations, anyway. It becomes obvious that people didn't really read the posts and are simply making assumptions.

At any rate, I am not going to lose family and friends over a bunch of self-serving politicians who don't give a rat's ass about any of us in the first place.

Old 06-14-2022, 11:57 AM

103 posts, read 59,153 times
There's a lot more to life than politics. That's just one aspect of life. Everyone has their own viewpoint and everyone is entitled to it. I tend to be more interested in politics than most, but I still view it as about 2% if my life. Gotta keep it in perspective. Don't blow it up so big it consumes you. So your neighbor votes for the other guy. Besides that she's polite, keeps a nice house, good mom, good neighbor, good cook, well dressed, cool car, etc.

Don't let people on TV make you crazy.

Old 06-14-2022, 12:09 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,276,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
I present as an example Liz Cheney, who is an old school Conservative by any definition, and is now on the outside looking in. Support for Trump is a litmus test. Every Republican in Washington knows it and behaves accordingly.

No, she is a neo con like her father. I didn't know "old school conservative" are for globalism, endless wars and endless occupations and endless nation building with welfare and weapons?

Liz represents her father. That's her politics. If that's what the base wants then she would be win re-election easy in one of the reddest state but the reality it's the opposite.

Old 06-14-2022, 12:11 PM

33,245 posts, read 12,464,174 times
Quote:

Did you vote for Trump ?

Old 06-14-2022, 12:13 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,276,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

At any rate, I am not going to lose family and friends over a bunch of self-serving politicians who don't give a rat's ass about any of us in the first place.

They are not your true friends or good family members if you have to walk on egg shells about your opinions so they won't be offended. The politics is the test not the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies