Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 07:13 PM

78,552 posts, read 60,749,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
Lots of Big Money Conservatives are backing Rittenhouse--- they Hate 'Zuk' ~!
That made zero sense as did your comment of shorting stock AFTER public info became available and not only that predicting a tiny amount that wouldn't impact their stock price.

I hate to have to explain why but a high profile lawyer that just won a bunch of suits would not need further funding on a contingent basis like in the Rittenhouse case.

If you are newer to the country etc. then I apologize for any tone in explaining basic knowledge about our stock and legal system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2022, 07:20 PM

78,552 posts, read 60,749,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Good luck with that. Mark. Z. has deep pockets.
The issue here may be as much about avoiding discovery as anything else.

This could be a fishing expedition of internal emails etc. as well as an overall *grind*.

I suspect he'll have a case against at least some of the people being sued but unlike Sandman he actually drew the attention to himself. That's a pretty big distinction. But imagine if instead that the media seized upon some young black kid and reputation dragged them for fighting off right-wing attackers with a gun? This whole thread does a 180 from some posters and you're reasonable enough to get that. (Certain posters that claimed that however started moving goal posts after saying he'd never collect. lol. Seriously, free yourself from partisanship, view the actual case.)

But nonetheless we had posters claiming Sandman would get nothing despite being a minor that stood there and then was turned into a national "evil white racist" by a misinformed media. That's some n'th level political delusion.

My prediction is that Rittenhouse ends up with several settlements. They *really* went overboard on the guy that basically was a montage of running away from physical assaults.

Old 06-07-2022, 08:04 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,604,568 times
great the lawsuit king former inspires lawsuits wonderful....he needs to go sit in the corner and be quite

Old 06-07-2022, 08:16 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,250,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
great the lawsuit king former inspires lawsuits wonderful....he needs to go sit in the corner and be quite
Nah, nothing wrong with defending property and oneself. The violent attackers certainly found that out. Perhaps it will keep future violent losers to think twice before shooting at someone.

Old 06-07-2022, 08:28 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,585,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Not sure why he's going after FB first, I would have started with the news networks, and the hateful women on the view.

Just remember, Nick Sandmann won $275 million for what the news said about him.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rican-man.html
Your link says that’s how much the lawsuit was for/how much Nick was suing for……not that that’s how much the settlement was for.

Old 06-07-2022, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Wrongful death is completely different from libel and slander.

Depending on whether the court considers him a "public figure", that will determine how this plays out.

Public figures are much less protected from harmful speech, by the very fact that they are in the news all the time, and people have to be free to use their first amendment rights to comment on them without fear of getting their facts incorrect and being sued.
How was he continually in the news (pre end of trial) other than because he was being charged ?

Old 06-07-2022, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Great news. I love that guy and hope he cashes hUUUUUGe.

Yep, and plenty to have to cough up to Rittenhouse.

I agree.

I hope he wins big.

Old 06-07-2022, 08:37 PM

Quote:
If only unlikely meant not possible, you might have something. I’d wager he’s going to do very well for himself in the end.
Yep.

Old 06-07-2022, 08:42 PM

Quote:
And he deserves every penny he gets from these clowns….but those poor violent criminals that attacked him. He shouldn’t be allowed to defend himself, lol
Yep.

And that’s as it should be for both Nick and Kyle.

Neither could ever hope to have a ‘normal’/‘progressing as a mainstream person’ life.

Old 06-07-2022, 08:57 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 18 days ago)

35,669 posts, read 18,034,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
How was he continually in the news (pre end of trial) other than because he was being charged ?
We'll see. I'm not without empathy for him.

He views himself as a hero, (and we do need young men who view themselves as heroes) and he took up arms in a very visible way as a public "militia" like presence, and as a result he had to defend himself against people who felt they were defending themselves against him.

Perfect storm of testosterone overload all over the place.

What I don't want to see is media formats like Facebook having to sort through each post for truth. In this case, listening to the video of Carlson, Rittenhouse and Todd the Lawyer that was posted upthread, their beef isn't so much that Facebook had lies about Rittenhouse, but rather, that they removed posts defending him.

So what we'll end up with is media formats that won't allow any discussion at all on current news topics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies