Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2022, 10:17 AM

6,268 posts, read 2,635,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I'm still waiting for Republicans to come out with an economics plan of their own to fight inflation. All one of them running for Congress is offering is a prayer in his campaign ad. We need a lot more than a prayer.
I understand how important a plan is to many Democrats. After all, the Democrat's "plan" in 2020 was "No mean tweets", and we have seen how well that has worked out.

Honestly by 2024 if things keep going the way they are going, a prayer may be our only hope. But you want a proposal, okay how about something simple. Like not having the current Body-In-Cheif tell oil companies that he is going to put them out of business within the decade. Come out and say that they are just gouging the consumer. Then decides to increase leasing fees. Then having the POTUS act "surprised" when those same oil companies give you the middle finger when you ask them for help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2022, 10:21 AM

21,832 posts, read 9,386,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
And it just keeps getting worse for Biden and for America. When 83% are unhappy, you are now including a good number of Democrats.

A brand new WSJ survey has 83 per cent of respondents calling the state of the economic system poor or not so good
17% are government employees on the take.

Old 06-08-2022, 10:26 AM

8,897 posts, read 2,936,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I voted for Biden. Trump was thrashing around, and unable to deal with the virus. That was my driving factor. I'm a moderate Republican, but have voted for many Ds in the past, locally and nationally.

Biden is an absolute buffoon. I'm 36 - this country is in the worst shape I've seen it in, ever, and that goes back to the 2007 housing crackup and the Great Recession. Other than vaccine advocacy, I'm disappointed basically on all fronts.

I'm not thrilled with Trump maybe running again. He's too old. I'd vote for DeSantis in a heartbeat over Biden. The Democrats need to nominate insightful, culturally palatable, truly "a step ahead" candidates like Andrew Yang. I'd vote for Yang over DeSantis.

Biden, Harris, Buttigieg, anyone in the political establishment, or anyone too far left won't get my vote.
Good lord. "The Virus."

What do you think Trump could have "done" with it? Just act more concerned and always wear his virtue signal mask?

it never posed a threat to the vast, vast, vast majority of this country, yet the media and the left ginned up so much fear. I'm sure Trump lost largely because of this.

And now what do we have? A corpse as president who has never done anything special in his life and who has run the country into the ground.

But hey! He "cares." He's "nice." He always wears a mask and "takes it seriously."

And no mean tweets!

Yay!

Old 06-08-2022, 10:28 AM

42,678 posts, read 17,872,014 times
Joe says it's not his fault and there is nothing he can do.

Jimmy Carter is looking pretty good these days !

Old 06-08-2022, 10:29 AM

3,983 posts, read 6,553,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Good lord. "The Virus."

What do you think Trump could have "done" with it? Just act more concerned and always wear his virtue signal mask?

it never posed a threat to the vast, vast, vast majority of this country, yet the media and the left ginned up so much fear. I'm sure Trump lost largely because of this.

And now what do we have? A corpse as president who has never done anything special in his life and who has run the country into the ground.

But hey! He "cares." He's "nice." He always wears a mask and "takes it seriously."

And no mean tweets!

Yay!
But I thought he lost because of "mean tweets" and all the "cheating".

Old 06-08-2022, 10:34 AM

6,701 posts, read 9,263,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I'm still waiting for Republicans to come out with an economics plan of their own to fight inflation. All one of them running for Congress is offering is a prayer in his campaign ad. We need a lot more than a prayer.
Democrats didn’t really have a plan in 2020, built you voted for them anyway. Not sure why you are waiting for Republicans to “come out with an economics plan” of their own, now, especially as were stuck with Joe Biden for another two years. Individual Republicans have shared thoughts about how to curtail inflation, but I’m sure you don’t care enough to look for that information.

Old 06-08-2022, 10:42 AM

1,333 posts, read 466,258 times
The man is steering us further and further along to the Great Reset agenda of the WEF. If he truly wanted America to be prosperous then he wouldn't have crippled the development of energy with his executive orders on the first day of his 'administration'.

Old 06-08-2022, 10:48 AM

8,724 posts, read 4,991,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
ONLY 83% ??

I just filled up my wifes JeeP that wasn't even empty, had 40 cents off per gallon from a promotion linked to the grocery store and it still cost $91. THANKS BRANDON , you jerk.

Who are the 17% that still approve of this bum?
The smash and grab group.

Old 06-09-2022, 09:19 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,440,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryvete View Post
The man is steering us further and further along to the Great Reset agenda of the WEF. If he truly wanted America to be prosperous then he wouldn't have crippled the development of energy with his executive orders on the first day of his 'administration'.
Let me guess its the globalists ? Lol qanon called they want their conspiracy back

Old 06-09-2022, 09:24 AM

8,915 posts, read 6,210,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
And it just keeps getting worse for Biden and for America. When 83% are unhappy, you are now including a good number of Democrats.

A brand new WSJ survey has 83 per cent of respondents calling the state of the economic system poor or not so good
Only 83%

Who out there thinks this economic situation is good or even just okay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies