Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2022, 08:56 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Right. Huge influx of blacks in my middle class suburb. Not for the section 8. To the contrary. This area had already gone way up in home and rental prices.
What you have mentioned proves what I've been talking about. When I mentioned Blacks moving to Columbus, OH, I was not talking about Section 8. However, when someone else mentioned Section 8, it proved said person views Black people as uniformly underclass and welfare-dependent.

I've always believed that the Black middle class is the most ignored part of the Black population. Black people moving into your neighborhood are likely middle class Blacks. However, I've noticed on threads like this, the middle class just gets ignored. It sends of message of "Blacks can only be underclass ghetto dwellers".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2022, 09:01 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,547,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What you have mentioned proves what I've been talking about. When I mentioned Blacks moving to Columbus, OH, I was not talking about Section 8. However, when someone else mentioned Section 8, it proved said person views Black people as uniformly underclass and welfare-dependent.

I've always believed that the Black middle class is the most ignored part of the Black population. Black people moving into your neighborhood are likely middle class Blacks. However, I've noticed on threads like this, the middle class just gets ignored. It sends of message of "Blacks can only be underclass ghetto dwellers".
Sad.

Old 06-26-2022, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Sad.
Sad, not to mention very ignorant.

Old 06-26-2022, 09:59 PM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times
The big problem is, just like Democrats who flee the Northeast and California and move South or to the Mountain West, they bring their voting patterns with them. Here in the suburbs of Baton Rouge there is a larger black Democrat population than there used to be same in the New Orleans suburbs.

As of now my parish council is 100% Republican and every single public elected official in this parish is Republican. But at current demographic rates, by 2030 there might be one Democrat on the parish council, with an at large seat, and this will probably be a black Democrat elected by black voters. There are very few white liberals in Louisiana outside of the immediate city of New Orleans. There are already black transplants from the city complaining about our gun culture here in the exurbs and how we don't feel there should be any restrictions on guns. While most Southern blacks are more conservative compared to white Yankees, they're still less conservative than Southern whites and this causes political friction. Blacks are more likely to support Obamacare, welfare, a higher minimum wage, gun control, abortion etc. Northern whites are probably 20% pro life, Southern blacks maybe like 50 or 60 percent pro life, but Southern whites are around 80 to 90% pro-life. Whatever liberalism exists in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama exists in the black community or among transplants/immigrants.

Old 06-26-2022, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
The big problem is, just like Democrats who flee the Northeast and California and move South or to the Mountain West, they bring their voting patterns with them. Here in the suburbs of Baton Rouge there is a larger black Democrat population than there used to be same in the New Orleans suburbs.

As of now my parish council is 100% Republican and every single public elected official in this parish is Republican. But at current demographic rates, by 2030 there might be one Democrat on the parish council, with an at large seat, and this will probably be a black Democrat elected by black voters. There are very few white liberals in Louisiana outside of the immediate city of New Orleans. There are already black transplants from the city complaining about our gun culture here in the exurbs and how we don't feel there should be any restrictions on guns. While most Southern blacks are more conservative compared to white Yankees, they're still less conservative than Southern whites and this causes political friction. Blacks are more likely to support Obamacare, welfare, a higher minimum wage, gun control, abortion etc. Northern whites are probably 20% pro life, Southern blacks maybe like 50 or 60 percent pro life, but Southern whites are around 80 to 90% pro-life. Whatever liberalism exists in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama exists in the black community or among transplants/immigrants.
Well, until Blacks are given a reason to WANT TO vote Republican, all you can do is complain about how Blacks vote. Nothing else are you able to do. Too bad. It's going to be that way until the GOP in the South changes. For starters, apologize for the Southern Strategy from the Nixon era. Black people are going to vote for whom they see fit, not for who you want in office.

Old 06-26-2022, 10:36 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,140,525 times
Quote:
For starters, apologize for the Southern Strategy from the Nixon era. Black people are going to vote for whom they see fit, not for who you want in office.
Can I ask a really silly question? Why do I, as a senior who was not of voting age, barely remembers Watergate (other than it playing in the background while eating a Banquet TV dinner with Walter Cronkite on in the background).... need to apologize? This country has warts. Terrible warts from the past... but at the same time, I'd like to think we've learned from our mistakes, but so many people keeping pouring acid on the same warts over and over. I understand voting for who they see fit, I agree.... but blaming most of us for the past doesn't fix anything.... it just seems to perpetuate the same bad politicians over and over. Instead of voting "party"....perhaps we should look at the person......

Old 06-26-2022, 11:25 PM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times
Quote:
Well, until Blacks are given a reason to WANT TO vote Republican, all you can do is complain about how Blacks vote.
Republicans don't need blacks, blacks need Republicans.

Democrats don't care for religion, and 80% of blacks are Christian. The only thing stopping religion from being denounced, discarded, and condemned are Republicans.

Blacks can vote Democrat all we want, but the chickens will come home to roost when Democrats tell blacks that their religion is incompatible with liberalism and more aligned with conservatism and traditionalism.

Old 06-27-2022, 05:27 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Vs Selling out
Hey, if you don't mind wasting your vote, it is OK with me!

Old 06-27-2022, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
How?
I've explained it MANY times on here. Look it up.

Old 06-27-2022, 05:36 AM

Quote:
I am not saying that you don't see the Black middle class. I was merely talking about what I see when people often talk about Black people. When I come to the city-data threads, and I see threads getting started about Black people, alot of them talk plenty of Black criminals, Black people on welfare, Black people voting Democrat all the time. It's as if their positions are based on "there is no Black middle class". That is what I was talking about when I mention that the Black middle class is the most ignored part of the Black population. Black middle class people get ignored in these discussions. Or, we get a few individuals who try to argue that the Black middle class is as criminal as the underclass. When pundits talk about issues in the Black population, rarely do we hear about the middle class.

Raleigh is one of the success stories of the South through the 80s and 90s. Raleigh, Charlotte, and the Piedmont region over all, has done a decent job attracting a good size Black middle class. When there are discussions about violence in cities, I have done alot of comparing cities and states. In fact, there is a thread I opened about it, discussing Black homicide rates by state.

The Black middle class is going to states like North Carolina, Georgia, Virginia, and Texas. Raleigh is just one example.
"When I come to the city-data threads, and I see threads getting started about Black people, alot of them talk plenty of Black criminals, Black people on welfare, Black people voting Democrat all the time."

Because those ARE THE ISSUES BRING DISCUSSED!

"Black middle class people get ignored in these discussions."

They are FREE to engage if they wish.

About 90% of YOUR posts are on this issue and you are NOT ignored. You get PLENTY of res-ponces.

YOUR problem is what you say and after a while some have gotten tired of your "same ole' thing, over and over".

As I have said, IMO, you the MOST RACIST person on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies