Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2022, 07:24 PM

72,816 posts, read 62,152,022 times

Advertisements

Here is something interesting to look at. Nevada's Black population grew by 39% between 2010 and 2020.

https://www.nevadacurrent.com/2021/0...he-new-nevada/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2022, 12:34 PM

53 posts, read 25,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What you have mentioned proves what I've been talking about. When I mentioned Blacks moving to Columbus, OH, I was not talking about Section 8. However, when someone else mentioned Section 8, it proved said person views Black people as uniformly underclass and welfare-dependent.

I've always believed that the Black middle class is the most ignored part of the Black population. Black people moving into your neighborhood are likely middle class Blacks. However, I've noticed on threads like this, the middle class just gets ignored. It sends of message of "Blacks can only be underclass ghetto dwellers".
I never said 'all' blacks moving to the suburbs are doing so using Section 8.

You got triggered.

Old 06-30-2022, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desirela View Post
I never said 'all' blacks moving to the suburbs are doing so using Section 8.

You got triggered.
The first thing you had one your mind was Section 8. I wasn't even discussing that. It tells me about your thinking.

Old 06-30-2022, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
where i live black people are simply being pushed out of traditionally black parts of Kansas City and into the suburbs. you can now see white people jogging on certain streets that 20 years ago were "the hood". And its only going to get worse because the economy/housing market. Lots of cheap "fixer uppers" in the hood.
I think you mean 'better,' not 'worse.'

Positive development is a good thing.

Old 06-30-2022, 12:46 PM

Quote:
The first thing you had one your mind was Section 8. I wasn't even discussing that. It tells me about your thinking.
Posters were discussing blacks moving to the suburbs.

Nobody mentioned the fact that some are getting there by using section 8.

Too bad if it hurts your feels.

Old 06-30-2022, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Posters were discussing blacks moving to the suburbs.

Nobody mentioned the fact that some are getting there by using section 8.

Too bad if it hurts your feels.
I brought up Columbus, Ohio. In response, you brought up Section 8. I brought up Columbus as a place Black middle class people are moving to. I'm not talking about the poor or the Section 8 individuals. As a middle class person, my main concern (as it applies to migration) is about the Black middle class/upper class.

Old 06-30-2022, 02:06 PM

3,539 posts, read 1,316,965 times
Quote:
I think you mean 'better,' not 'worse.'

Positive development is a good thing.
it's worse, because those black people can't ever get settled in a more permanent way into their community. They can't get the politics and voting settled, they can't get their school boards settled, they can't demand allocation resources to those areas because you'll have some white gentrifier as the face of the neighborhood saying "we don't need any help". And moving costs money. (black) people are pushed out of areas they can afford into areas they can't afford. Basically affordable housing is being erased. This is not good. And all that doesn't include the culture clashes that happen with white gentrifiers move into a black area and start calling police every 5 minutes on little kids playing or we have rising "Karen" incidents.

Gentrification is horrible.

Old 07-01-2022, 10:56 AM

Quote:
I brought up Columbus, Ohio. In response, you brought up Section 8. I brought up Columbus as a place Black middle class people are moving to. I'm not talking about the poor or the Section 8 individuals. As a middle class person, my main concern (as it applies to migration) is about the Black middle class/upper class.
Doesn't matter what you're talking about, some are getting to the 'burbs using section 8.

Old 07-01-2022, 11:02 AM

Quote:
it's worse, because those black people can't ever get settled in a more permanent way into their community. They can't get the politics and voting settled, they can't get their school boards settled, they can't demand allocation resources to those areas because you'll have some white gentrifier as the face of the neighborhood saying "we don't need any help". And moving costs money. (black) people are pushed out of areas they can afford into areas they can't afford. Basically affordable housing is being erased. This is not good. And all that doesn't include the culture clashes that happen with white gentrifiers move into a black area and start calling police every 5 minutes on little kids playing or we have rising "Karen" incidents.

Gentrification is horrible.
Too bad.
At least the black homeowners can make a good score on their way out. Blue collar white people are told to 'Move if you don't like it' when their neighborhoods change for the worse because of new demographics.
Remember - nobody owns a neighborhood?
If someone can't afford to live somewhere and has to move -
too bad - isn't that the way it's always worked?
And - OOOOOOH - a 'Karen' ... that's nothing at all compared to what blue collar whites have to endure when their neighborhoods 'change.'

What really cracks me up are how the white gentrifiers (who are almost all exclusively progressive) hate predominantly white blue collar neighborhoods and are happy to see them 'change,' but have no problem with their predominantly white city (and close to) center neighborhoods (many of which used to be minority-dominant). Hypocrites.

BTW, try critical thinking when watching the Karen videos. There are a lot of low-class punks out here egging people on, with phone ready to record them reacting. They seldom tell the whole story.

Last edited by desirela; 07-01-2022 at 11:20 AM..

Old 07-01-2022, 11:47 AM

Quote:
people like you make America suck. I'm guessing you've been a gentrifier. You probably moved into a black neighborhood and immediately started calling the police on little black kids playing basketball. And you and your people drive the price of everything up and basically destroy the economics of these communities like locusts. They worst part is, people like you basically follow black people around just to do this stuff on a cycle. If all the black people moved to rural Wyoming, you'd be right there moving in the next day trying to gentrify it. Horrible careless human beings.
You're not even close.

Did you ever take the time to consider this: Who did the blacks chase out of 'their' neighborhoods?

Last edited by desirela; 07-01-2022 at 11:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies