Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2022, 06:59 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Question. What types of blacks are leaving democrats blue cities? Are they African Americans, the very same blacks who left the south to escape racism, Jim crow and white supremacy for a better life in the north? Or are these black immigrants and 1st generation American blacks who are leaving urban areas for better parts of americs for a tranquil life.
"Are they African Americans, the very same blacks who left the south to escape racism, Jim crow and white supremacy for a better life in the north?"

I think most of those are dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2022, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Exactly. The most dangerous person for a black person to be around, is another black person. I don't blame them for wanting to bail out of the war zones many of our inner cities have become.
"
“There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps... then turn around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

― Jesse Jackson

Old 09-02-2022, 08:04 AM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
I look at thread and all I see are some far-right types grasping at straws. It's this "look, look, Black Republicans ". I see two things...
1) Smugness.
2) Desperation.

Deep down, I thing some people are only interested in having a Republican in office. I don't believe this has anything to do with the well-being of Black Americans.

Old 09-02-2022, 10:11 AM

Many Black Americans are leaving major cities, but if previous voting patterns are any indication, don't expect voting patterns within the Black population to change at this moment. Look at the Atlanta area. Black people moving to the suburbs. What some people are trying to pull is "conservative Blacks are moving to Republicans places". Not falling for it.

What has happened is this. As many Black Americans have moved to the suburbs, the political make-up is changing. Look at Douglas County, GA. It was a reliable Republican county until Blacks made up 45% of the population. Same goes for some other suburban counties in the Atlanta area. Clayton County, Henry County, DeKalb County, etc.

Old 09-02-2022, 10:57 AM

19,778 posts, read 18,073,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
The OP was trying to score political points by claiming that blacks are leaving D run cities, while totally ignoring that blacks, like other groups are moving to the suburbs, often within the same metro area, so it was misleading. The population loss in most of those metros is slight or non-existent.

At the same time he neglected to mention at all that some of the reddest areas of the country are the places that are losing the most population. The metro areas losing the most are those mostly red working class rust belts that have been unable to transition to a new economy or rural areas. Over have of the nation’s counties lost population between 2010 and 2020 and 90% of them voted for Trump in 2020.
You are dissembling or maybe just mistaken. Bad internet can't look any of this up...........however, NYC, LA, SF, DC, Seattle and I think even Atlanta, not to mention a number of smaller west coast cities have suffered decreasing Black populations over the last 20ish years.

Old 09-02-2022, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
You are dissembling or maybe just mistaken. Bad internet can't look any of this up...........however, NYC, LA, SF, DC, Seattle and I think even Atlanta, not to mention a number of smaller west coast cities have suffered decreasing Black populations over the last 20ish years.
Miami, St. Louis, New Orleans too. Most cities are seeing decreases in their Black populations.

Old 09-02-2022, 11:47 AM

25,724 posts, read 12,800,389 times
The facts are:

-blacks are leaving dem-controlled cities.

-blacks are voting increasingly for Pubs. Look at how they voted for Trump in '16 (8%) v '20 (12%) a 50% bump!

-black females remain 96% Dem voters...they've not followed the trend set by black males.

Polls (if u believe in polls) are showing blacks approval rating of Biden & his administration falling:

https://nypost.com/2022/06/04/joe-bi...declined-poll/

A left-leaning CBS poll says black approval rating of Biden only 43%:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-i...ll-02-20-2022/

Another left-leaning pollster...Quinnipiac quoted in the link below say Biden's falling amongst blacks:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...s-since-april/

If Pubs get >12% of the black vote in November, it will show the trend of blacks increasingly backing Pubs in national elections continues, & Dems will struggle.

Blacks see America's resources being diverted away from them, & toward illegal hispanic migrants, & affluent college kids who are getting $500B in tuition loan deals.

69% of African-Americans do not qualify for any student loan forgiveness, so they've been slighted by DC Dems yet again.

Old 09-02-2022, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The facts are:

-blacks are leaving dem-controlled cities.

-blacks are voting increasingly for Pubs. Look at how they voted for Trump in '16 (8%) v '20 (12%) a 50% bump!

-black females remain 96% Dem voters...they've not followed the trend set by black males.

Polls (if u believe in polls) are showing blacks approval rating of Biden & his administration falling:

https://nypost.com/2022/06/04/joe-bi...declined-poll/

A left-leaning CBS poll says black approval rating of Biden only 43%:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-i...ll-02-20-2022/

Another left-leaning pollster...Quinnipiac quoted in the link below say Biden's falling amongst blacks:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...s-since-april/

If Pubs get >12% of the black vote in November, it will show the trend of blacks increasingly backing Pubs in national elections continues, & Dems will struggle.

Blacks see America's resources being diverted away from them, & toward illegal hispanic migrants, & affluent college kids who are getting $500B in tuition loan deals.

69% of African-Americans do not qualify for any student loan forgiveness, so they've been slighted by DC Dems yet again.
Wrong.

Many Blacks are leaving CITIES, period, Democrat-ran and Republican-ran. And crime isn't the only reason. Some Blacks leave because the cost of living is going p. Others leave to buy houses in the suburbs.

Over the past two elections, Black male voter participation has dropped. More Blacks aren't voting Republican. Fewer Blacks are voting Republican. The percentage might have gone up, but this is due to the number of Black voters giving up on politics entirely. And this still leaves the vast majority Blacks voting Democrat. Until the percentage of Blacks voting Republican reaches levels of 35-40%, FORGET IT!!!

Many Blacks might not like Biden very much. This doesn't mean more Blacks are liking Republicans. Some Black people have given up on voting because they feel like both parties are no good.

You act as if you think you know Black people better than they know themselves. And I find that kind of attitude to be smug, arrogant, and disgusting.

Old 09-03-2022, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I look at thread and all I see are some far-right types grasping at straws. It's this "look, look, Black Republicans ". I see two things...
1) Smugness.
2) Desperation.

Deep down, I thing some people are only interested in having a Republican in office. I don't believe this has anything to do with the well-being of Black Americans.
"and all I see are some far-right types grasping at straws"

Says a a died hard dem!

Whose biggest issue is race!

"Deep down, I thing some people are only interested in having a Republican in office."

And this is just as true, Deep down, I thing some people are only interested in having a DEMOCRAT in office.

And what is wrong with it?

Of course repubs want repubs in office and dems want dems in office.

Why do ypu think people register in a party?

Old 09-03-2022, 05:02 AM

24,619 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I look at thread and all I see are some far-right types grasping at straws.
The far right doesn’t live in these dangerous Democrat neighborhoods.

At the end of the day, everyone is going to move to a place that’s best for them. And in America that’s next to white people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies