Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2022, 10:38 AM

11,474 posts, read 6,002,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
Somebody had better spend money on Infrastructure.
We "may" have already missed the window of opportunity.
You don't necessarily need more transmission lines or reactivate energy plants. One alternative being debated is distributed small power plants located nearer to consumers. Primarily that means utilizing newer technologies rather than thermal generation.
I'd personally raise some taxes rather going into too much deep debt.
YEMV
We just added $20 trillion to the national debt since 2010, with almost nothing going for infrastructure. We don't have any money for infrastructure. It is gone. We don't have it.

Oh, we can print and fund infrastructure building, and then take the complete financial collapse it causes, and MAYBE rise from the ashes.

Yep, it is that bleak. I keep praying to God that this won't happen until I am dead and gone so I don't have to suffer it. Yes, I realize that just means a younger generation has to suffer the full impact of it. That is sad, and selfish on my part, but if somebody has to live through that I just hope it is not me. It will make the Great Depression look like a cake walk, because half the nation is on the dole. The violent mass riots alone will be epic. Horrifying and brutal, epic. I don't want to go through that even knowing it is coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2022, 05:47 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Apparently they are ok with strip mining.
Apparently, you are NOT familular with OTHER ways!

And I have no problem with strip mining.

Old 06-11-2022, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
My first thought is, what if we put that $6 trillion printed money in "stimulus" payments into rebuilding the power grid. The current estimate to upgrade the entire US power grid is $7 trillion. We would have it almost completely funded. Instead of looking at a recession, it would be done in a decade and paying dividends with a nice long service life ahead.

Instead we got nothing for that $6 trillion but massive inflation.

Where is the smiley of banging my head on a brick wall?
"$6 trillion printed money"

Where are we going to get that money?

Old 06-11-2022, 05:57 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,055,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
And Biden wants Electric Cars ??

It seems like republicans today just want free stuff. Energy production cost a lot of money, people gotta realize. Biden may be a terrible president but we can't just give 40 gallons of gas and a Tesla to every person in America.

Old 06-12-2022, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
It seems like republicans today just want free stuff. Energy production cost a lot of money, people gotta realize. Biden may be a terrible president but we can't just give 40 gallons of gas and a Tesla to every person in America.
"It seems like republicans today just want free stuff."

And where did you come up this B.S.?

Old 06-12-2022, 12:01 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post

It is very funny to me that you are putting the "free stuff to everyone" label on the Republicans!

And it was a Michigan Democrat who said that if gas becomes too expensive, people should just buy a Tesla. (Well, at least she did say buy. Shocker.)

Old 06-19-2022, 04:52 PM

25,574 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Sometimes all ya can do is smile:
Here we are looking at the possibility of rolling blackouts because the zealots ( Obama and Biden) screamed "get offa coal! Save the world!", before there was an alternative. So the power companies did, and now we're just a little short of power.

Well, guess what?..
Germany is returning to coal fired plants since their zealots screamed the same thing and decided to rely on gas from Russia. Now, Germany isn't doing what Russia wants so Russia announces it is having "maintenance issues" and just can't quite deliver the gas you need.

America has all the fuel needed right here in America. We don't need to rely on anyone else. But the various zealots in the various departments and various publication have got to "save the world" by taking the one little action they just "know" is the only solution.

Old 06-20-2022, 04:52 AM

11,474 posts, read 6,002,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"$6 trillion printed money"

Where are we going to get that money?
The $6 trillion printed money was pulled from thin air and is now part of the $30 trillion national debt. It wasn't generated from tax monies, it was just made up out of thin air. As in, "lets pretend we have $6 trillion to pay for stimulus checks, even though the tax money for it is not there".

That is how deficit spending works. That is why the national debt went from $5 trillion to $30 trillion in 21 years. That is why were are ****ed.

Old 06-20-2022, 05:37 AM

29,525 posts, read 19,620,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
70% of transmission lines are 25 years old. This problem has been years in the making. I don't care what an article says. I've been hearing about this issue for decades.

Even oil companies are getting on board with renewable energy.
https://www.npr.org/2021/06/08/10024...nt-going-green
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/29/busin...ons/index.html
https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=44636

Yet fossils constitute the vast majority of energy production here and globally. Literally everything runa or is made with a byproduct of petroleum. Most people don't realize just how important and how large our fossil fuel consumption is.

https://twitter.com/RogerPielkeJr/st...912365057?s=20

This administrations policies coupled with external factors such as the war in Ukraine drives up costs we all suffer. Demand in oil is going up not down. Yes invest in renewables but at the same time invest in what is still powering the planet. Everyone can see the shock to the economy high oil prices can have. Good luck in November. Lol

https://twitter.com/JavierBlas/statu...049222144?s=20

Old 06-20-2022, 05:19 PM

1,200 posts, read 620,222 times
If you don't know about Klaus Schwab by now, you should start reading about him. He runs the North American Electric Reliability Corp (NERC) which is associated with the World Economic Forum.

Klaus Schwab is the head of the World Economic Forum. Seeing that the NERC is now associated with the WEF, does this mean that Klaus Schwab is in control of the American electrical grid? There are a few interesting aspects of this to look into.

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/gridex-vi/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies