Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2022, 03:44 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
So what you're saying is, the lives of innocent people being killed in mass shootings is simply the price we have to pay for being able to protect our property. Yeah I'm sorry, but that's really kinda sick. I have property too but I don't feel the need to arm myself. Maybe if somebody close to you becomes a victim of one of these unhinged losers you'll give it some deeper thought.
No, it's the price we have to pay for having inalienable rights to self defense and freedom to live. The gun is not your problem, the shooter is your problem. You don't have to own any weapons, but you sure as heck don't have the right to take them away from others
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2022, 03:45 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Name one mass shooting that has occurred as the result of my protecting my property.
LOL complete deflection. BlakeJones said he wanted to be able to have a gun so he could protect his property. Once again, because he wants to be able to easily buy a gun, that means that everybody will be able to easily buy a gun. That "everybody" includes unhinged losers who want to use their easily-purchased guns to shoot up coworkers, kids at schools, people attending concerts, etc.

I know you understand this but are in denial about it because accepting that reality means you'll have to acknowledge we need to make it much more difficult to purchase a firearm.

Old 06-09-2022, 03:46 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
No, it's the price we have to pay for having inalienable rights to self defense and freedom to live. The gun is not your problem, the shooter is your problem. You don't have to own any weapons, but you sure as heck don't have the right to take them away from others
And once again people like you are just repeating the spiel I addressed right here on page 1:
Quote:
Maybe someday the gun nuts of America will come to understand that, in a society filled with unhinged losers by the millions, we should not make it easy for them to purchase the tools which enable them to easily kill scores of people in fits of outrage. I wonder what it will take for them to come to that realization? Maybe somebody very close to them will have to lose their life to one of these unhinged-losers-with-a-firearm in order for them to start to realize that innocent people's lives are not worth sacrificing just to assuage the paranoia of the gun nuts.
Yes, you are saying we have to accept these mass shootings. It's just a byproduct of our "liberty." Sad to think that the people who are killed in these events aren't around any longer to have the joy of having "liberty."

Old 06-09-2022, 03:59 PM

9,508 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Maybe someday the gun nuts of America will come to understand that, in a society filled with unhinged losers by the millions, we should not make it easy for them to purchase the tools which enable them to easily kill scores of people in fits of outrage. I wonder what it will take for them to come to that realization? Maybe somebody very close to them will have to lose their life to one of these unhinged-losers-with-a-firearm in order for them to start to realize that innocent people's lives are not worth sacrificing just to assuage the paranoia of the gun nuts.
So, newsflash, sport. One of the great things about this country is our rights. How far you willing to go to in the way of violating rights to address a problem? We can solve many problems if everyone was locked in a small room from birth and not allowed to interact with anyone for the rest of their lives. Gun violence, solved! Worth it? Who decides? You? Think before you post, or at least propose a viable solution.

Old 06-09-2022, 04:00 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,404,630 times
I've been patiently waiting for states to finally re-implement punishment. Why are so many people holding back on enacting this? I'm talking old fashion strict punishment. Like Hard Labor at Prison Farms and/or Capital Punishment in cases like this.

Maybe, just maybe, someone will think twice before going out and pulling that trigger.

Which also brings me back to what I've been saying in recent years:

Abortion. Abortion cheapens life. Life used to be precious. An Unborn Child is a developing Human Being and the Government has been giving the OK to kill them for the last 49 years. This sends a horrible message out there whether consciously or sub-consciously. Think about it, how much of this kind of killing today did you hear of before 1973? And as we all know, it is sure getting worse.

Old 06-09-2022, 04:05 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Does anyone know if the gun survived the Maryland shooting? That's what is important.

Old 06-09-2022, 04:08 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,582,090 times
Quote:
It is extremely difficult to identify said unhinged losers beforehand, and I've pointed exactly that out in other recent threads. That being the case, since it is so difficult to identify said losers ahead of time, the only way we're going to make a step in the right direction toward keeping at least some of these unhinged losers from killing large quantities of people is to make it difficult for them to be able to purchase the tool (a firearm) which enables them to easily kill large quantities of people in one sitting.

Exactly the kind of thing I would expect a gun nut to say.
So, you got nothin'. Thanks for playing

Old 06-09-2022, 04:09 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,404,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Does anyone know if the gun survived the Maryland shooting? That's what is important.
Last I heard, he is in the hospital, whether that was an accurate report or not.

Old 06-09-2022, 04:10 PM

43,097 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
And once again people like you are just repeating the spiel I addressed right here on page 1:

Yes, you are saying we have to accept these mass shootings. It's just a byproduct of our "liberty." Sad to think that the people who are killed in these events aren't around any longer to have the joy of having "liberty."
If you don't like guns in the US then find another country to live in that outlaws guns for everyone.

Old 06-09-2022, 04:13 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
Last I heard, he is in the hospital, whether that was an accurate report or not.
Not the gunman, but the actual gun. That is what a lot of people on these forums care about nore. Guns.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies