Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2022, 06:40 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,236,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
LOL!!!! You just killed your own argument. From your article:

LOL!!!
My argument is two-fold.

1- Gun ownership is an inalienable right protected by the Constitution
2- Moral decay is in large part the root of violence, gun or otherwise

How did I kill my own argument? If anything, you killed yours by being completely oblivious to the root cause of increasing violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2022, 06:43 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You sure that isn't a little priviledge peeking out there?

50 years ago i embarked on a 25yr odessy of addiction, spent 3 rs total behind bars and various hospitals,
two of those years were minimum security prison all drug related possessions, i survived those "bad" areas as well as poor housing drug infested areas, i have had guns drawn on me three time by only police and have been beaten up by police....

i frequently post on the bad effect of the drug war, because i have lived it and been sober 23 yrs now

i have know addict users who dealt small time and so on and so on...

in all those years i must have developed a radar to just sense real trouble

Old 06-09-2022, 06:50 PM

7,928 posts, read 9,150,257 times
So what is the shooter? White supremicist with a long gun or minority with a handgun?

6 hours later and no update. The cynical side of me thinks that due to no frothing at the mouth from the media, the suspect is probably part of the latter team.

Old 06-09-2022, 07:01 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
50 years ago i embarked on a 25yr odessy of addiction, spent 3 rs total behind bars and various hospitals,
two of those years were minimum security prison all drug related possessions, i survived those "bad" areas as well as poor housing drug infested areas, i have had guns drawn on me three time by only police and have been beaten up by police....

i frequently post on the bad effect of the drug war, because i have lived it and been sober 23 yrs now

i have know addict users who dealt small time and so on and so on...

in all those years i must have developed a radar to just sense real trouble
Ok, so my friend an attractive lady home alone with her kid in a rural area one night has her dogs start barking, hubby out of town. Multiple felon, tries to rush her after she opens patio door and fortunately she had a handgun.

Is she a gun nut as you so described? Or was she just not aware of her surroundings at home where someone obviously targeted her?

Male drug customers with little money aren't exactly big targets and you know that. Farmer don't kill chickens if they're laying eggs after all.

I have a number of friends that have done time for similar stuff.

So congratulations on being "street smart" and a more unattractive target for crime and thus discounting the risks others have to face.

Had that conversation years ago with my friend (black) in Chicago. You could drop my white arse off in the projects and his....and I'm FAR more likely to get out of there alive. You know why.

Again, they don't kill the chickens. Priviledge.

Last edited by Mathguy; 06-09-2022 at 07:31 PM..

Old 06-09-2022, 07:05 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,248,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
honestly as more and more of these are reported and amplified by the media, it just re-enforces the idea that everybody needs to arm themselves because everything is falling apart.

We already know the police won't help us and the government is refusing to prosecute and hold criminals. So here we are in 2022 back to the wild west, buy all the bullets you can find
....and learn to make your own. I'm currently in the process of mastering this.

When the country falls we will no longer be able to go buy them.

Old 06-09-2022, 07:09 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,236,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102
i am now 66 and a lifelong liberal with never a need for weaponry i simply am careful of my surroundings
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102
Can you pass a background check to purchase a firearm?

Old 06-09-2022, 08:19 PM

19,024 posts, read 27,585,087 times
OK, I'm done. I can understand one shooting. OK, copy cat two. But, a non stop train of them, right in the middle of the worst political battle and global collapse - that's ordered ****. Tell all you want to, it's ordered.

Old 06-09-2022, 08:38 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
....and learn to make your own. I'm currently in the process of mastering this.

When the country falls we will no longer be able to go buy them.
how can any amateur reloader make the primers?

something like 3 or 4 manufacturers have the monopoly and they're overwhelmed with government order backlogs

Old 06-09-2022, 08:44 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Suspect is a 23 year old Hispanic man. Charges are pending and police will not release a name until he is charged.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/maryland...lumbia-machine

Old 06-09-2022, 08:51 PM

7,928 posts, read 9,150,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Suspect is a 23 year old Hispanic man. Charges are pending and police will not release a name until he is charged.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/maryland...lumbia-machine

Ah minority with the handgun it is. Say goodbye to this story as it doesnt fit the narrative. They will especially bury the story if he is an illegal or got there via a Biden plane ride from the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies