Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2022, 07:25 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
millennials, gen z’s are no different than everyone else. when you are young and ignorant getting funded by mom and dad it’s easy for you to agree with redistribution of other people’s money. when you start forking over your own pay to fund all the free stuff then compassionate democrats use to pander for votes and you won’t even pay for a Netflix subscription, well that can make people vote differently. ask an average person without crazy hair and piercings how they feel about gas prices. climate change goes right out the window when your food money goes to gas and you can’t afford a new Tesla
You nailed it. The goofy hair/piercings crowd will probably never change except to become these old, hateful liberals. They will live their lives trying to make decent people’s lives hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2022, 07:28 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,758,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The so-called right wing, religeous extremists are only a minority in our country. They aren't any different than the left wing, progressive extremists in our country. I know many extremely religeous people they don't actuallly hate anyone they just feel they have fallen off the path. As for hatred, I have seen far more of it from liberals than I have from the right.

I don't know of anyone who "worships" Trump either. No need for melodramatics here. His followers and supporters simply like his policies and that has more to do with it than the man himself.

How are those who watch CNN any different than those who watch Fox news?
I think we're on the same page, but I'll point out that the difference is that right-wing religious folks generally aren't prone to nearly as much violence and protesting.
Also, what is interpreted as "hate" (by those desperately trying to win arguments) are actually firmly-held beliefs on what's best for humanity as a whole. Ideals, standards, and getting back to the natural order of how things were before the "fall". For them, that would also include all sorts of issues, not just those pertaining to sexuality. Granted, they don't always live up to nor focus on all those things.

Old 06-11-2022, 08:04 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,478,124 times
The younger generation who are savvy and care about clean air and huge national deficit ,most do not approve of govt spending and getting too involved in other country's affair may not vote democrats !

Old 06-11-2022, 09:07 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
No, you were right the first time. There really is no place for truly conservative voters to go anymore. And that is a shame, I think. We do actually need a rational and articulate conservative party that knows how to govern if it gets a chance. That eliminates the Trump GOP. Trumpers destroyed the conservative all-star thinkers and rational pundits in favor of the Fox puppet show. Anyone who did not sing in the Trump chorus was kicked to the curb.

Over time, things do move toward the middle away from extreme positions. There is a little middle ground among both the Democrats and Republicans. Democrats have a real middle in spite of what you might hear on this forum. (My blue state is pretty much middle-ground.) Republicans not so much middle thanks to the religious bible-thumpers, culture warriors, the Trump crack-pots, the extremist white supremacy goons, and Proud Boy militia types. You have to be a self-appointed victim to feel at home in the GOP. You have to be reactive, not proactive. They enjoy destroying anyone who does not stick to the party line and can't handle debate or dissension. That was true before Trump but is much worse now. There is no equivalent to a RINO among Democrats.
This is a very good post. Several times in the past year, as a conservative, I actually thought about going to a few local Republican Party meetings, but I have always immediately reminded myself that I would be forced to associate with some Neanderthals.

Honestly, on a scale from 0 (total woke) to 10 (white supremacists) with five being exactly center, I would join the any party who was between a 3 and a 7.5, inclusive.

Last edited by katharsis; 06-11-2022 at 09:39 AM..

Old 06-11-2022, 09:16 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Pew research in 2020 showed 56% of Republican voters are over age 50. Do you fear eventually with increase in minority populations who also vote democrat conservatives will become a minority voter in this country. Could it happen over the next 20 years.

The key to a majority control is at the state level if democrat's are able to do that could be the end for Republican control. Rural America will be the strongholds of Republican's they will have little control much like California today. If enough states flip blue the republican will be a minority at the federal level also.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-and-religion/
Well............................. young democrats are being made old before their time by Biden disasters and will be converted to conservatives.

Economic misery and fewer individual rights has a way of driving people away from the political party that imposed the deprivation.

NO ONE wants to be poorer, less secure, and have no hope of retirement. That is the "promise" of democrat administrations- perpetual servitude in poverty in exchange for party loyalty. Sounds like a deal only a moron would take.

Old 06-11-2022, 09:34 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Perfect example. Change = more immigrants = more people who don't look like you. Hate change? Build something to stop the change.

I honestly couldn't have provided a better example myself.
Oh oh. Have a problem with people that don’t look like you? Honey better call God Himself, he didn’t even make another replica of you. We are all made in His image , maybe you can figure that one out. America had always been a blend and we were starting to accept that until Trump showed up.

Old 06-11-2022, 09:55 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,758,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Oh oh. Have a problem with people that don’t look like you? Honey better call God Himself, he didn’t even make another replica of you. We are all made in His image , maybe you can figure that one out. America had always been a blend and we were starting to accept that until Trump showed up.
If by “Trump” you mean “Obama”, then you’d be right.
If you’re old enough to remember the years between 2000-2016, you would have clearly seen how Obama ended up being the absolute most divisive president of the modern times. The dude was shameless.

Old 06-11-2022, 11:25 AM

16,082 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Funny thing is many of the current conservatives were crazy, rebellious care free youngsters. But eventually you wise up and gain a better sense of priorities when it’s your money and retirement on the line.

It happens….gasp.
That is an interesting phenomenon.

It is not universal but I actually have seen some of those on the right turn more racist with age. More intolerant. There is a larger crack in their pot. More cynical but also more gullible. More ungenerous in most ways. Willing to believe and act on conspiracy theories. I don't think of those qualities as being conservative. It is more of a sad aspect of self-defined victimhood.

I, too, have become more conservative with age. I'm now (in the Pew Research Center typology) most likely a Democratic Mainstay.

Old 06-11-2022, 11:36 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The so-called right wing, religeous extremists are only a minority in our country. They aren't any different than the left wing, progressive extremists in our country. I know many extremely religeous people they don't actuallly hate anyone they just feel they have fallen off the path. As for hatred, I have seen far more of it from liberals than I have from the right.

I don't know of anyone who "worships" Trump either. No need for melodramatics here. His followers and supporters simply like his policies and that has more to do with it than the man himself.

How are those who watch CNN any different than those who watch Fox news?

Old 06-11-2022, 12:01 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
I used to be a liberal democrat until I grew up. No memo was necessary, just awareness and observation. Young people and people of color are leaving the left in droves now. Democrats are suicidal.
lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies