Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2022, 12:55 AM

13,248 posts, read 7,308,440 times

Advertisements

Pew research in 2020 showed 56% of Republican voters are over age 50. Do you fear eventually with increase in minority populations who also vote democrat conservatives will become a minority voter in this country. Could it happen over the next 20 years.

The key to a majority control is at the state level if democrat's are able to do that could be the end for Republican control. Rural America will be the strongholds of Republican's they will have little control much like California today. If enough states flip blue the republican will be a minority at the federal level also.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-and-religion/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2022, 01:06 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
I guess everyone will see come November. I suspect this is all bull**** but I could be wrong. Nah… I’m right..

Old 06-10-2022, 01:06 AM

1,655 posts, read 775,535 times
I’ve been hearing some version of “republicans are going away” for my entire adult life (almost 20 years). Yet here we are in 2022 with a massive red wave coming.

But I guess if enough illegals come in that vote D and have kids that lean D also — at some point it will sorta cancel out R voters. Isn’t that what Tucker used to talk about…disenfranchising native voters.

Old 06-10-2022, 01:14 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,878,202 times
I have my doubts. I think it is more about the age than other demographics, young people embrace change and progressiveness and old people hate both (mostly). And with an aging population, there may be more conservatism on the way instead of less. Not that the current republican party is conservative, it's most definitely NOT, but it's the closest thing in a 2-party system. Plus, as a 50+ person, I do have to say that I've heard this sentiment for about 3 decades, but some combination of young people not voting and old people just liking things the way they were, leads me to predict the ideological split will remain or even get worse.

Hope I'm wrong and you are right. I'm fighting to not go the way so many older Americans do, keep my open mind, and still believe the world can change.

Old 06-10-2022, 01:24 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Pew research in 2020 showed 56% of Republican voters are over age 50. Do you fear eventually with increase in minority populations who also vote democrat conservatives will become a minority voter in this country. Could it happen over the next 20 years.

The key to a majority control is at the state level if democrat's are able to do that could be the end for Republican control. Rural America will be the strongholds of Republican's they will have little control much like California today. If enough states flip blue the republican will be a minority at the federal level also.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-and-religion/
Which minority population of voters?

The illegals?

The dead?

What makes you think minorities aren't smart enough to see how terrible it is for the cities & country they live in when the democrats are in charge that they would continue to vote D?

Old 06-10-2022, 01:36 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Yup. Its why theyve slowly stopped trying to get mandatory voting id, and have settled for talking about it rather then doing it.

Old 06-10-2022, 01:41 AM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Let's hope not. We have seen what Democrats have done to Detroit, DC, Baltimore, Philly, St. Loius, and now Minniapolis, Seattle, Portland, SF, and LA. They F-up everywhere they go.

Old 06-10-2022, 01:57 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
I’ve been hearing some version of “republicans are going away” for my entire adult life (almost 20 years). Yet here we are in 2022 with a massive red wave coming.

But I guess if enough illegals come in that vote D and have kids that lean D also — at some point it will sorta cancel out R voters. Isn’t that what Tucker used to talk about…disenfranchising native voters.

I remember the same predictions of Republican demise during Reagan's first term.

Nothing changes.

Old 06-10-2022, 02:04 AM

1,655 posts, read 775,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I remember the same predictions of Republican demise during the first Reagan administration.

Nothing changes.
I think it’s a clever little psychological tactic that dems like to use on the masses…say things that make people feel like what they offer is the future. If you disagree you’re backwards and being left behind…you’re the type of person the late night show guys will mock. A lot of people hate the feeling that they are being left behind. As humans we often like to future-proof as much as possible…including our ideologies.

Old 06-10-2022, 02:08 AM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times
millennials, gen z’s are no different than everyone else. when you are young and ignorant getting funded by mom and dad it’s easy for you to agree with redistribution of other people’s money. when you start forking over your own pay to fund all the free stuff then compassionate democrats use to pander for votes and you won’t even pay for a Netflix subscription, well that can make people vote differently. ask an average person without crazy hair and piercings how they feel about gas prices. climate change goes right out the window when your food money goes to gas and you can’t afford a new Tesla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies