Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2022, 05:12 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,605,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
You need to educate yourself. Read the Federalist papers. You will understand the second amendment has nothing to do with deer hunting.

you need to study the trillion dollar national defense and explain where one can make inroads while fighting THEM back, and why "common" normal people should not think people who think they can take on a fight with the us military are not certifiable, or living in a fantasy world
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2022, 05:15 AM

59,315 posts, read 27,477,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
when civilian weaponry is the same as MILITARY weaponry (or a close second) i would say those weapons are indeed military weapons by definition

and further-more i believe the debate as to rapidity of semi-automatic fire and and automatic was had in the 1930s before machine guns were limited
"when civilian weaponry is the same as MILITARY weaponry (or a close second) i would say those weapons are indeed military weapons by definition"

When MILITARY weaponry is the same as civilian weaponry (or a close second) I would say those weapons are indeed civilian weapons by definition.

See how that works!

Old 06-10-2022, 05:15 AM

14,241 posts, read 4,617,914 times
Quote:
when civilian weaponry is the same as MILITARY weaponry (or a close second) i would say those weapons are indeed military weapons by definition

and further-more i believe the debate as to rapidity of semi-automatic fire and and automatic was had in the 1930s before machine guns were limited
How many civilian weapon out there did not used by the military at one point or another?

My 100+ year old Mosin-Nagant was made for war and responsible for the death of hundreds of thousands of people in WW1 and WW2 and beyond. The AR15 never used in any war or conflict .

Now what? Ban 100 year old bolt action rifle made in Russia?

Old 06-10-2022, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I don’t recall carrying a semiautomatic rifle when I was in Iraq.

It’s crazy that Biden and democrats keep posting lies after lies and nobody fact checked them. This just proved that MSM is in bed with the dems

Sir, not all of us watch any
"network" media, all media creates hysteria to keep viewers, we are right now using whats called the internet...which is chock full of a wealth of information, seek and ye shall find

three round burst is/was explored within the military and full-auto has always been there

Old 06-10-2022, 05:18 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,063,459 times
Quote:

As I have said before, this is the military Uzi rifle, short barrel, automatic fire:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uzi#/m...med_forces.jpg
This is the civilian Uzi rifle, the carbine, 16 inch barrel, semi automatic fire:
https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...omatic-carbine

The top one when on the battlefield and one can be decently well off. The bottom one when on the battlefield and one is very briefly the live fool.

Old 06-10-2022, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Sir, not all of us watch any
"network" media, all media creates hysteria to keep viewers, we are right now using whats called the internet...which is chock full of a wealth of information, seek and ye shall find

three round burst is/was explored within the military and full-auto has always been there
Thanks for the tip about M4/M16. I didn’t know about auto and 3-round burst despite 10 years with the 82nd airborne division and 2 tours in Iraq

Old 06-10-2022, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
How many civilian weapon out there did not used by the military at one point or another?

My 100+ year old Mosin-Nagant was made for war and responsible for the death of hundreds of thousands of people in WW1 and WW2 and beyond. The AR15 never used in any war or conflict .

Now what? Ban 100 year old bolt action rifle made in Russia?

when you play semantics one can always fancy talk..keep it going, because the country as a whole is fed up with exorbitant weaponry ans given a little more time it will be cleaned up...right now 2nd amendment

warriors are still to loud and out spoken

Old 06-10-2022, 05:25 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,153,570 times
Guys, there's no need to bicker over what does or doesn't constitute a "military weapon."

The entire point of the 2nd was to ensure that the People would have the same weapons as the government. Want to call ARs "military weapons"? Fine. I don't care anymore. It doesn't matter, anyway. It's a distraction to keep us bickering over ultimately irrelevant details while they chop our constitutional legs off.

If the thread is going to veer away from the Democrats constantly lying about their intentions (until now, anyway) and onto some other gun related topic, it should at least be about the existing massive force disparity between the government and the People, not over stupid things like rate of fire.

Old 06-10-2022, 05:26 AM

7,057 posts, read 2,741,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Why have semiautos at all? The worst that can happen in normal times? You miss a deer, turkey, or whatever. Half the time, you don't even need three shots to kill even a deer.

Hmm, a hunter missing a few deer in their lifetime vs 19 parents missing their children for the rest of their lives?
What a dilemma!!
This is not about hunting. It's about protecting yourself.

Old 06-10-2022, 05:27 AM

Quote:
when you play semantics one can always fancy talk..keep it going, because the country as a whole is fed up with exorbitant weaponry ans given a little more time it will be cleaned up...right now 2nd amendment

warriors are still to loud and out spoken
American forefathers are way smarter than you and created the US Constitution
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies