Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2022, 08:19 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times

Advertisements

So my Ruger 10/22 is a weapon of war? You guys have been hitting too much of the crack pipe with hunter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2022, 08:39 AM

6,105 posts, read 3,341,443 times
I completely understand leftists concerns about mass shootings and I wish they would not exist.

But I think they are completely unrealistic if they think that DC can pass some decree and then everyone will be safe.

Who is going to confiscate the weapons? There are about 40 million so called assault rifles out there, and about 400 million guns total.

What exactly do they think they can accomplish with an open border and many police unwilling to go door to door?

So I think we all need to look for solutions beyond some dementia patient in DC deciding to ban guns with a stroke of his pen.

Unfortunately, the answer just might be that we all need to live with the shootings, and be ready to defend yourself while hoping you aren’t at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Old 06-10-2022, 08:43 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Why have semiautos at all? The worst that can happen in normal times? You miss a deer, turkey, or whatever. Half the time, you don't even need three shots to kill even a deer.

Hmm, a hunter missing a few deer in their lifetime vs 19 parents missing their children for the rest of their lives?
What a dilemma!!
Our Constitution was not written after a hunting trip. It was written after fighting a war with a tyrannical government. On the list of reasons for the 2nd Amendment, hunting is way down the page.

Hmm, finding a way to address violence without banning the firearms that have been available for decades, or hand our government the power to become the next circa 1940 Germany?
What a dilemma!!

Ironically, the two major domestic discussions currently ongoing (outside of the economic cliff we are headed for) are about a President who allegedly went rogue and tried to become authoritarian and gun control. Logically, anyone who seriously thought that the first was true should understand the importance of preventing the government from enacting the 2nd. Who expects logic from progressivism, though?

Out of curiosity, for the anti Constitution crowd, what happens if you ban guns and a future POTUS does go authoritarian? Gonna try to defend the country with slingshots?

Old 06-10-2022, 08:46 AM

8,063 posts, read 12,774,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
you need to study the trillion dollar national defense and explain where one can make inroads while fighting THEM back, and why "common" normal people should not think people who think they can take on a fight with the us military are not certifiable, or living in a fantasy world
Were you ever in the military? I was and I would never turn my weapon on American citizens. My neighbors and family?

BTW- Did you ever hear of the Taliban in a little country called Afghanistan? I guess Afghanistan is a "fantasy world"?

Old 06-10-2022, 08:53 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Were you ever in the military? I was and I would never turn my weapon on American citizens. My neighbors and family?

BTW- Did you ever hear of the Taliban in a little country called Afghanistan? I guess Afghanistan is a "fantasy world"?

i would venture to say many, if not most would not shoot citizens, but then i dont underestimate the propaganda machine either...

my father was a pearl harbor veteran and 12 years naval career, i turned 18 around the time of the vietnam war winding down and dad said his family had given enough to the military and actually forbade his son to join during the "dirty war"

Old 06-10-2022, 08:56 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post

as far as im aware the us went to secure a pipeline in the name of "global spectrum dominance" and the Taliban seems to have much in common with many of former's base IMO

Old 06-10-2022, 09:49 AM

14,228 posts, read 4,592,230 times
Quote:
i would venture to say many, if not most would not shoot citizens, but then i dont underestimate the propaganda machine either...

my father was a pearl harbor veteran and 12 years naval career, i turned 18 around the time of the vietnam war winding down and dad said his family had given enough to the military and actually forbade his son to join during the "dirty war"
I served 10 years in the US Army and left as a Captain.

No President is going to tell his troops to turn their guns on Americans. There is a reason why Commander-in-Chief of the US armed forces is a civilian instead of a military general-dictator.

Old 06-10-2022, 09:52 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
even the military went for full-auto to three round burst for awhile...not a HUGE difference, between single rapid shot and three round rapid shot
This thinking is where we got "Full semi auto".

Old 06-10-2022, 09:53 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
They'd have you down to bolt action, then that would be too much. They want you disarmed completely

Old 06-10-2022, 09:57 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,284,192 times
I can't even fathom how many gun owners just see the word ban and fight back like it's the end of the world if anything changes with gun laws. What are you afraid of. Some law tagging an automatic rifle on a ban list? Sure it's the few that spoil it for the many. But there are some guns that just don't serve a purpose on the streets. And if you have to go through a few more hoops and ladders to get a gun, so what.

I'm interviewing for my LTC tonight and hopefully by summers end I'll have a gun to enjoy. And I'll still listen to every proposed gun law and probably stand behind many of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies