Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2022, 05:09 PM

2,409 posts, read 1,529,181 times

Advertisements

Commanders gonna command. We command you to keep your opinions to yourself, Jack. That doesn't sound very tolerant and inclusive though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2022, 05:12 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Yes, that's exactly what this is about.

The players are their bread and butter - the money making machine.

No, they don't want the black players unhappy with the organization or coaching staff, and don't want division within the team.

Exactly.
So grown men who are paid big bucks to play a game have to be indulged and babied. Heaven forbid another adult have a different opinion about something. Got it.

Great coaches are pretty rare too.

Old 06-10-2022, 05:35 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
So grown men who are paid big bucks to play a game have to be indulged and babied. Heaven forbid another adult have a different opinion about something. Got it.

Well. Maybe.

They're the stars, and stars have always been indulged and babied.

On the other hand, it doesn't matter how much athletic talent you have out there on the field, if they are divided, and don't like and trust their coach, they're not going to be a winning team.

Old 06-10-2022, 05:42 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
This is what the head coach said:

“... and the actions of those on Jan. 6 who sought to topple our government.”
Just the fact that the head coach uttered that gem clearly indicates that he is a leftist whack job. Since when does one "topple a government" with smartphones, unarmed?

Think of the lives that would have been saved if the NVA would have known they didn't need to run their tanks through Saigon and to the palace. They could have just whipped out smartphones and Saigon/South Vietnam would have spontaneously toppled. Too bad they didn't have cell phones back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
And why are the Republican politicians just sitting back and letting this happen for decades now?
It took a Trump to get republicans energized and hopeful again for saving this country, but
McConnell does nothing and there’s only a handful of conservatives in Congress courageous enough and actually trying to save this country….
Oh I agree. 99% of them are completely worthless.

Quote:
I think you don't know what a "fact" is.

Saying the insurrection on Jan 6 is a "dust up" is deeply offensive to those who know the truth and care about our system of government. And it isn't a "fact". It's an opinion, and a divisive one.
You are right. Using the term "dust up" in this situation is offensive.

The informal term "dust up" is dictionary defined as a "fight or quarrel," which wasn't what happened on Jan. 6. It didn't even get to a quarrel or fight. Well, there was one unarmed lady shot dead, but that's not really a fair fight, is it?

Quote:
I'm a very firm supporter of the 1st Amendment.
I have my doubts about that. Typically, your opinions have more in common with the tyrannist point of view.

Quote:
That doesn't mean your employer can't instruct you how to conduct yourself in public, when you are a public figure for the organization.
Employers are no more Gods than is the government. They have the authority to judge your job performance and that is as far as it goes. If they feel you are doing something criminal, they certainly have the right to report you to the authorities. But again, that is as far as it goes. Now I say that assuming that woke behavior or whatever is NOT part of your job description. If it is, then why the hell would anyone work there in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Just to add fuel to the debate a far left group literally bombed the inside of the Capitol in 1983. One of the women who bombed it was pardoned by Clinton and was/is sitting on the Board of Directors of BLM.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983...Senate_bombing
Yeah, but that doesn't count. Leftists have a get out of jail free card. You can bet that if leftists would have bombed the capitol during Trump's years, every leftist here would still be quivering from their permagasm.

Quote:

That's exactly the way the left sees it. And that is yet another reason there is such a huge divide right now between those who believe in liberty and the left.

Last edited by ChrisC; 06-10-2022 at 06:09 PM..

Old 06-10-2022, 05:44 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
We are in a parallel situation to the early years of Nazi control in Germany. The dems are the SA and SS. You stray from the party line and you might just find yourself dead. At the very least, ruined and ostracized.
^

Yep

Old 06-10-2022, 05:44 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times
I think it is pertinent to note that the George Floyd situation started with the cold-blooded murder of a Black man by a public servant acting in his official capacity, and the January 6th situation began with the irrational rejection of the will of the voters by a petulant loser, in the most charitable interpretation. Two different things.

Old 06-10-2022, 05:57 PM

57,284 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Del Rio has quite the history.

Quote:
Because of that, social media is bringing up the time he fought Chiefs legend, Otis Taylor. There was a strike going on in the NFL at the time, and Rio though Otis was a replacement player.

The incident occurred during the second day of picketing by Chiefs players.

Taylor, a talent scout for the Kansas City Chiefs at that time, filed an assault complaint against the then-linebacker while claiming in the report that Del Rio used profane language, grabbed him around the neck and they fell to the ground.
https://www.totalprosports.com/2022/...comments-pics/

Old 06-10-2022, 06:02 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
I think you don't know what a "fact" is.

Saying the insurrection on Jan 6 is a "dust up" is deeply offensive to those who know the truth and care about our system of government. And it isn't a "fact". It's an opinion, and a divisive one.

I'm a very firm supporter of the 1st Amendment. In that you are free to speak your mind, express your thoughts, and be free of criminal charges from the government.

That doesn't mean your employer can't instruct you how to conduct yourself in public, when you are a public figure for the organization.
Empty words, and disingenuous platitudes …. Yes, I am a very firm supporter of free speech, and an even stronger supporter of punishing those who say anything I don’t like! The hypocrisy is as thick as the irony of a liberal claiming to embrace anything related to freedom, unless it’s freedom to engage in deviant acts of debauchery.

The FACTS ARE …. calling the protest that occurred on Jan 6 an “insurrection” is just another example of liberal extremist lies. An “insurrection” is generally defined as an armed or violent uprising intended to overthrow a government. That’s hardly what transpired on Jan 6.

The reality is, (and this is captured on hours of video your leftist dominated media keeps from the public view) the Capitol Police are seen on video moving barricades, and opening entrances and waving protesters in, and allowing them inside the Capitol building. The video even has the audio of police telling these protesters that it’s ok for them to go inside, but just don’t break anything. Elsewhere, where the mainstream media is setting up their staged coverage, you have provocateurs and FBI operatives and handlers putting on a little show for the news cameras, with the pushing and shoving, as the police are blocking them from getting inside. A totally staged event to switch the spotlight away from the Democrat’s traitorous theft of the election, to the new and very FALSE narrative of Trump and his followers shamefully and horribly attacking our democracy, which is a complete load of crap, just like everything else that comes out of this lying band of leftist communist traitors.

Those are the FACTS.

Old 06-10-2022, 06:04 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
I think it is pertinent to note that the George Floyd situation started with the cold-blooded murder of a Black man by a public servant acting in his official capacity, and the January 6th situation began with the irrational rejection of the will of the voters by a petulant loser, in the most charitable interpretation. Two different things.
And tell me... how were the people who suffered the over two billion dollars worth of damages, the people who had their businesses destroyed and lives ruined, the people who lost their teeth while minding their own business eating in a restaurant, and the several dozen people who were killed during the "peaceful protests" in the Summer of Love responsible for Floyd's death IN THE LEAST? Can you name one victim of the rioting terrorists who was responsible for Floyd's death? Which granny who had her corner market burned to the ground was responsible for Floyds death? CAN YOU NAME ONE?

There is a hell of a big difference between protesting and terrorism. And my opinion is that the participants in the Summer of Love were far closer to terrorists than was the selfie brigade at the capitol. In fact, I'm going to be shocking here: in my opinion, each person who was involved in the terrorist acts of the Summer of Love (I'm talking about the actual criminal part of it, the killing of innocents, the burning of innocents, the assaults of innocents, the CHAZ separatists, the two billion in damages, etc) needs to be tried for war crimes and executed like Nazis.

Old 06-10-2022, 06:06 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Next we’ll be hearing about that incident with the peanut butter and jelly sandwich that happened when he was 7.

Offend the left, and prepare to be burned at the stake. Welcome to the new Demon-cratic Amerika.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies