Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2022, 08:51 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times

Advertisements

I wonder how big are the chances then Jack Del Rio could double down and talk where BLM store their money?

Btw, I wonder if the NAACP had become over the years like the SPLC who succombed to the dark side of the force to talk in Star Wars metaphors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2022, 09:24 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
In both cases they were using their position to speak on a topic. The team has the right to sanction them.
Not necessarily. One big difference, a player could be protected by terms of the leagues CBA. Coaches not so much. It was the CBA that prevented the NFL, or the Niners from fining Kaepernick.

Old 06-11-2022, 09:29 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,357,559 times
$100,000 is excessive for asking a question/making a comment -- and whoever says that freedom of speech is not being threatened is either stupid or ignorant, imo. The comment in no way was a "hate" comment or encouraged any kind of violence.

And who determines how much of a fine should be paid, anyway? If this has already been answered, I apologize, but I did not see it in the article and I have not read all of the posts.

P.S. On Edit: I just saw that he was fined by the team. I had no idea that they could band together and determine penalties for their boss for stating an opinion. Is this happening in any other kind of organization, company, etc.? Or just sports? (I could see it happening in some universities, however.)

Last edited by katharsis; 06-11-2022 at 09:49 AM..

Old 06-11-2022, 09:36 AM
bu2

24,093 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Has nothing to do with the topic but Kaepernick did not violate any rules.
I don't know about his team, but some teams did have rules about the anthem.

Old 06-11-2022, 09:38 AM
bu2

24,093 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
Hello!
Jack Del Rio has the right (and freedoms) to opine, at least for now.
Had it been me, and if I were in the same financial bracket as Jack Del Rio is, I would literally have taken my ball and gone home, if given the choice between standing up for what I said, as opposed to having to grovel, apologize, etc., in the interest of keeping my position. I'd simply enjoy my view of Lake Minnetonka and wait for - or create - the next professional opportunity for myself. He doesn't have the concerns that most people have; he's successful, and, by virtue of that, a target. Jealousy and contempt for those who are runs rampant these days, and if people don't hear what they want to hear, they will retaliate. Hence, more of the same.
This is a sign of our times; a culturally sick nation.
He's 59 and as much as he's making probably doesn't need the job.

Old 06-11-2022, 09:40 AM

13,955 posts, read 5,623,969 times
Let this be a lesson to all who even consider engaging in Wrong Think.

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Old 06-11-2022, 10:27 AM

4,389 posts, read 1,698,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
What an ignorant, upside down world you people create ….. the man made a comment on social media ….. and the comment itself was rather innocuous, and certainly didn’t warrant so much attention, let alone this phony, contrived outrage. And, it was the media that dragged this into the professional work environment, not him, as they continually salivate like a pack of hungry wolves for the tasty flesh of their next victim, so they can continue making examples of those who don’t surrender to the leftwing mob.
Dealing with the media is part of his job. And he knows the media is going to respond to what he says on social media. That’s not a surprise. He knows that, he used to be a head coach, it’s not a big surprise to him. Try again.

Quote:
We all know the routine now. It’s not a surprise. This is the world we live in. The left woke crowd are on the constant look out for any opportunity to create controversy and confrontation, and to exploit any opportunity it sees as vulnerable to their assaults. If no opportunity presents itself for virtue signaling, an opportunity will be created.
The LEFT didnt fine him, his boss did.

Quote:
And the hypocrisy is so immense…. one guy, who is accused of being a serial sexual predator by 24 different victims just receives the wealthiest contract in NFL history, while a coach gets fined a 100 bands for the crime of expressing an opinion.
I have no idea who you’re talking about here, or the relevance. It’s not like I signed this player to any contract.

Quote:
You cannot make this kinda crap up, and some of you seem too happy to help promote this lunacy.
Well dang, now you got me…

Old 06-11-2022, 01:01 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
I don't know about his team, but some teams did have rules about the anthem.
I believe what you are referring to was Jerry Jones put out a verbal threat that any Cowboy who did not stand for the NA would face fines or be cut. However in the event he tried to exercise that, the NFLPA would of been all over it.
There was also at one point were the league announced a rule change that conflicted with what was in the CBA. The NFLPA would of challenged any enforcement.

Old 06-11-2022, 01:45 PM

8,231 posts, read 3,490,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Football has not been football for a long time. The Washington Redskins are no different...
The Washington Redskins don't exist anymore.

Old 06-11-2022, 02:14 PM

4,389 posts, read 1,698,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
The Washington Redskins don't exist anymore.
And they haven't existed for a few years now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies