Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which would be an appropriate criminal sentence for parents who bring underage kids to drag events ?
Misdemeanor: A payable fine, possible prison time, and parental investigation of child welfare 32 39.51%
Felony: A mandatory minimum prison sentence and loss of parental custody 13 16.05%
Should really not be prosecuted but drag shows should not be for kids 36 44.44%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2022, 07:36 AM

45,304 posts, read 26,570,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
So you are a libertarian who believes government oversight of parental decision making is good and right? Can you see the dissonance?
Im not a libertarian. Covid control sickness cured me of that.
Also, some leftists are libertarians (and GOP’ers).
Hope this clears it up for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2022, 07:41 AM

15,928 posts, read 6,631,608 times
This is a crime now? Wow Florida, you're really going hard core right wing. What's next? A crack down on Judaism?

Old 06-11-2022, 09:31 AM

408 posts, read 292,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
And there is the typical "Leap of Progressive Faith".

He is not talking about "banning" anything. If you want to have drag shows, no problem, just leave the kids out of it. But you have just proven how the left will try and twist adding in extra protections for kids into an all-out ban.

Restrict Kids K-3 from sexual topics = "Don't Say, Gay".
Investigate parents who take their kids to Drag Shows = "Banning Drag Shows".

Oh, and there is the 2nd Amendment in the Constitution, Drag Shows for kids are not.
But if the event is not inappropriate for children and involves people who look different reading story books in a bookstore and the parents choose to take their kids to these events because both the parents and the kids are excited to attend, then I’m not sure I see a crime here. Do you? If it’s a public library I can see a case of making it illegal for taxpayer money to fund this event, but if it’s in a private local bookstore or shop then I think it would require a new law that doesn’t exist to criminalize this.

Old 06-11-2022, 09:32 AM

13,621 posts, read 21,436,325 times
I like De Santis for many things but this time he is going too far. He better stop and think things through because it's one thing to fight leftists and another to start becoming the same authoritarian type that one started off fighting against.

He was right to take on the education for indoctrinating, but he is wrong if he thinks it is correct to punish parents who take their kids to a drag show, when he crosses that line he is becoming a oppressor the left had wrongly called him before.

Old 06-11-2022, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Why would taking a kid to a draq queen show be a felony? I understand it's in bad taste but that's just puritan to control people to such a degree. Too much authoritarianism for me.
agreed, and you all know I go Republican most of the time and call out leftists most of the time, but this idea to punish parents for this is going too far.

Old 06-11-2022, 09:40 AM

35,797 posts, read 21,180,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
agreed, and you all know I go Republican most of the time and call out leftists most of the time, but this idea to punish parents for this is going too far.
Now you are beginning to see how anti other sex he is. I am really starting to wonder with so much hate if he’s self loathing. Is the Gov insecure about his own sexuality? Those who keep attacking a certain group makes you rethink - why? Not like anything terrible has happened.

Old 06-11-2022, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Now you are beginning to see how anti other sex he is. I am really starting to wonder with so much hate if he’s self loathing. Is the Gov insecure about his own sexuality? Those who keep attacking a certain group makes you rethink - why? Not like anything terrible has happened.
I think it is more of a case where when someone gets a wining streak and is popular and people approve, it can make some just keep going and going until they loose sight and loose their way.

It happens in both parties, it can happen to most people. The thing is to reign them in, I still support De Santis for so many other things he has done, in a age where leftists keep pushing harder like I said above, he has been the yin to their yang. Extremism happens on both sides , there has always been a sort of balance but these days the balances are being offset and endangered and over correction is always a danger.

Old 06-11-2022, 09:48 AM

14,068 posts, read 5,687,617 times
Voluntary association. You're for it, or against it.

DeSantis is "considering" using the agents of tyranny to control your freedom of association, that means DeSantis is considering stepping up his "tyrannical assclown" game.

Old 06-11-2022, 09:51 AM

1,866 posts, read 939,258 times
Quote:
I like De Santis for many things but this time he is going too far. He better stop and think things through because it's one thing to fight leftists and another to start becoming the same authoritarian type that one started off fighting against.

He was right to take on the education for indoctrinating, but he is wrong if he thinks it is correct to punish parents who take their kids to a drag show, when he crosses that line he is becoming a oppressor the left had wrongly called him before.
Taking children to drag shows is borderline pedophilia at worst, and at the very least it is the corruption of a minor, which is illegal.

These drags and trans loonies better be thankful they aren't in an Islamic country.
They would not put up with this nonsense and they'd be tossing these degenerates off a high building.

Old 06-11-2022, 09:52 AM

1,749 posts, read 640,157 times
Quote:

What do you think drag shows are for? Do men (mostly gay) dress up to show off their clothes? Show they can wear pretty colors? No. Drag shows are not for children. They are very sexual in nature and most queens want people to find them sexy and maybe end up with someone later. I haven’t agreed with everything DeSantis has done but he is right here. Kids at drag shows is literally one step from pedophelia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies