Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2022, 12:49 AM

25,685 posts, read 12,765,268 times

Advertisements

The OP is ignoring 2 important facts:

1) Independent voters make up a huge swath of voters, most of which lean Pub

2) Recent trends indicate more people preferring Pubs than Dems

https://news.gallup.com/poll/388781/...ring-2021.aspx

The Liberal hive has been shattered, & they are in disarray...a swarm with no nest to protect them. They are exposed and scared of what November will bring...less than 5 months from now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2022, 06:43 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,923,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
There is a massive wealth gap. ~1/2 of Americans are doing just fine, they own homes and stocks that have done well for them since 2008. The other 1/2 are reeling due to inflation, & they are deciding which bills to pay right now.
I've said exactly that, beach.

There is no middle class anymore. There are the well-off, and those who scrape by.

But they're not "scraping by" just this year, due to very recent inflation. They've been juggling bills, and juggling getting car repairs, and juggling evictions, and juggling health care, for years.

They've been "reeling" long before 2008.

BUT. Lest we lose sight of perspective, never in the history of human existence have those in poverty been fat. Lest we lose sight of the reality of what we consider "poverty" now, compared to the totality of human existence. And compared to current world standards for human poverty.

Old 06-12-2022, 06:50 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,199,589 times
I'm a middle aged straight white guy that the Left would describe as a Deplorable, a Bitter Clinger to our History, Heritage, Capitalism and what makes America Great, so they have given up on me years ago and I don't really care because I gave up on them around 2015.

Old 06-12-2022, 07:04 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,946,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
A stopped clock is right twice a day.

I was most definitely the working poor. Then I finally wised up and stopped voting Democrat. It was at that point I finally began to get ahead. So good call Clara on voting for the wrong party.
The party you voted for did not lift you out of being the working poor. You did that. Total nonsequitur.

Last edited by ansible90; 06-12-2022 at 08:30 AM..

Old 06-12-2022, 07:07 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,946,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Spending, especially when it involves taking on new debt, is a symptom of the inflation disease.

I could have waited at least a couple days to get gas, but I went ahead and filled my tank today because I know it went up a dime since yesterday and will likely cost more tomorrow.

That doesn't mean I bought gas because I'm flush with cash.

People are rushing to buy things because they know they'll cost more if they wait.
Maybe. Or they are buying because they finally got a raise after 40 years of no wage increases.

Old 06-12-2022, 07:09 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,989,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Regardless of what you think the failure of the Biden Admin and the progressives that have hijacked the party, its over for everyone that complains about the Great Reset. It's going to happen whether anyone likes it or not. Failure doesn't lose when they continue to gain support (through legitimate or illegitimate means) and the other side continues to lose support and have an outdated view of the country. Trump was the exception to the rule because he was an outsider at the time but career politicans always win in the end.

People that come in here and complain every day about the "Daily Biden failure" are a small fraction of who will vote in November and 2024. "God Freedom and guns" is Passe and there is an entire new demographic of voters in this country now.

When 81M people voted for Biden last election cycle that should prove the impending changing demographic of the political scene.

People voted for Biden because they were manipulated by the biased media. Unless the democrats come up with an answer for inflation and gas prices, the next election will not go well for them.

Old 06-12-2022, 07:11 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,923,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
People voted for Biden because they were manipulated by the biased media. Unless the democrats come up with an answer for inflation and gas prices, the next election will not go well for them.
People voted for Biden because they had a snootfull of Trump and his faithful and they couldn't tolerate it anymore.

Old 06-12-2022, 07:14 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,989,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
People voted for Biden because they had a snootfull of Trump and his faithful and they couldn't tolerate it anymore.

Because they were manipulated by the media. Until the pandemic Trump had the country moving more in the right direction than it has in a very long time.

Old 06-12-2022, 07:45 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,311,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I've said exactly that, beach.

There is no middle class anymore. There are the well-off, and those who scrape by.

But they're not "scraping by" just this year, due to very recent inflation. They've been juggling bills, and juggling getting car repairs, and juggling evictions, and juggling health care, for years.

They've been "reeling" long before 2008.
This is illogical on its face. The point is that people who weren't doing well financially before inflation and five dollar a gallon gas prices are doing even worse now. It makes no sense to say, "well, they were already doing bad, so it's okay." Making a bad situation worse is not an irrelevant thing.

Old 06-12-2022, 07:54 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,357,906 times
Not true. Just means the majority believes differently and majority wins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies