Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2022, 11:58 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,287 times

Advertisements

Scrapple rocks! I did not know what scrapple was until I was 15...and kept eating it anyway.

Slice it up, coat it in flour and fry it in a pan of bacon grease!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Speaking of food - in Philadelphia diners they have something called "scrapple" that they eat for breakfast. Best I can determine, it's all the parts of a pig or cow that otherwise would not be eaten, all ground up together and fried. I'll stick with my Southern food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2022, 11:59 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
isnt that special?

Old 06-14-2022, 12:02 PM

43,056 posts, read 18,223,725 times
The south is not a place for the author of that artlcle...northern cities are more likely to pamper to her every need.

Old 06-14-2022, 12:07 PM

7,505 posts, read 4,347,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Absolutely.... here in Georgia we call them the half-back locust. They fled NY and the northeast for the most part.... moved to FL and tried to cannibalize it.... then decided it is too hot in the summer so they are going to move 1/2 way home and they end up in Northern GA or N. Carolina where they now harp incessantly about "well...back home in NY we did it this way." Most days now at work instead of hearing Yes Maam and No Sir, please and thank you listening to customers is like listening to a bad episode of the Jersey Shore......
The only thing great about living in New York is that you get a real understanding of how screwed up a state can be and how great life is when you finally get the hell out of there. It's just so liberating not having to deal with all that left wing crap that's constantly rammed down your throat. You're so outnumbered and there's not a ****'n thing that you can do about it. There's nothing like the taste of freedom and having that tremendous burden lifted off of your shoulders. My only regret about Arizona is not having been born and raised here. My wife and I are proud of our adopted state and proud to call it home.

The other day when I had to go downtown there were some people on the corner waving "Let's Go Brandon" banners and American flags. People were driving by giving them a thumbs up and honking their horns in support. During the "summer of love" riots word got out that BLM was planning on bussing in hundreds of protestors to invade our downtown. Hundreds of us took up arms and went there to let them know that under no uncertain terms were they going burn, loot, vandalize and destroy the place. We cooperated, met with and supported law enforcement that was also present. It was obvious that they appreciated us being there as they would have been vastly outnumbered by the number of potential rioters that showed up.

About a hundred or so protestors showed up shouting their stupid little slogans and waving their stupid little banners. We stood on one side of the street and in front of the local businesses. At the end of the day not one business, private property or vehicle was burned or vandalized. There was not one piece of litter left behind or graffiti either.

Old 06-14-2022, 12:16 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,079,020 times
Yeah, when folks move to Phoenix and are still complaining after a year....they tend to go back where they came from.

Except the California whiners. They move to Seattle or Portland.

South Carolina seems nice.

Last edited by YAZ; 06-14-2022 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: add

Old 06-14-2022, 05:04 PM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yeah but you cant get the fancy gluten free vegan sandwiches with beet hummus, raw vegetables and sprouts or the 15$ plant based vegan burger.
Alas. Have some batter fried veggies. That's vegan!

Old 06-15-2022, 06:13 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,140,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
The only thing great about living in New York is that you get a real understanding of how screwed up a state can be and how great life is when you finally get the hell out of there. It's just so liberating not having to deal with all that left wing crap that's constantly rammed down your throat. You're so outnumbered and there's not a ****'n thing that you can do about it. There's nothing like the taste of freedom and having that tremendous burden lifted off of your shoulders. My only regret about Arizona is not having been born and raised here. My wife and I are proud of our adopted state and proud to call it home.

The other day when I had to go downtown there were some people on the corner waving "Let's Go Brandon" banners and American flags. People were driving by giving them a thumbs up and honking their horns in support. During the "summer of love" riots word got out that BLM was planning on bussing in hundreds of protestors to invade our downtown. Hundreds of us took up arms and went there to let them know that under no uncertain terms were they going burn, loot, vandalize and destroy the place. We cooperated, met with and supported law enforcement that was also present. It was obvious that they appreciated us being there as they would have been vastly outnumbered by the number of potential rioters that showed up.

About a hundred or so protestors showed up shouting their stupid little slogans and waving their stupid little banners. We stood on one side of the street and in front of the local businesses. At the end of the day not one business, private property or vehicle was burned or vandalized. There was not one piece of litter left behind or graffiti either.
You have an attitude that I would welcome! And.... true story here.... We have Sunday Liquor laws.... no Sunday sales in our county. So I am standing in line at the grocery store behind a lady who puts a 12 of beer on the grocery belt. The cashier ringing her up says "I'm sorry maam, we cannot sell that to you on a Sunday... we don't allows Sunday alcohol sales." The lady says.... I kid you not.... "It's okay... you can sell me that... I have my driver's license here... I'm from N.Y..... and WE can buy on Sunday." And then got pissy when the cashier insured her she could not. Sometimes you just got to laugh at the entitlement by some people just because of where they live.......

Old 06-15-2022, 07:02 AM

4,295 posts, read 1,553,748 times
My favorite part of the article is when she casually admits she wouldn't mind transporting marijuana over state lines, if only the neighboring states had legal cannabis.

Old 06-15-2022, 07:13 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Alas. Have some batter fried veggies. That's vegan!
Now I could go for that kind of vegan. Deep fried battered green peppers, mushrooms, onion rings.

Old 06-15-2022, 07:27 AM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
I couldn’t help but wonder when reading the article why on earth she moved down here to begin with? What did she expect? She claimed to be a left wing vegan and she thought the south was a good place for her? This could have been a plot to a comedy movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies