Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2022, 08:42 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
For planning to riot and causing violent harm, five years in stir without parole should be sufficient for the crime. If they are found not guilty, they are not guilty. The jury is the final arbiter of that in light of whatever evidence is presented. From the article, they apparently went to the Trump rally with the intent of rioting. I wasn't there, and can only form an opinion on the facts in the article.

I am as anti-fascist as they come. My Father fought against fascists in WWII. I am also anti-crime, and I don't care what the political leaning of the criminal is. Criminals should face consequences.
Well said.

RE Antifascist. Antifa is not antifascist since they make up their own (inaccurate) definition of fascist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2022, 08:49 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
Antifa is a anti-government group. Anti-government, anti-police, anti-any form of authority. They're anarchists.

Anarchists are NOT taking orders from a major political party. If they did, they would no longer be anarchists.
They don't call themselves anarchists.

You can try to re-brand them but calling the NY Yankees the Boston Red Sox does not make it reality.

Old 06-13-2022, 08:54 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Well said.

RE Antifascist. Antifa is not antifascist since they make up their own (inaccurate) definition of fascist.
I agree with you and Cuebald on the point of applying equal justice to those breaking the law.

I just can't get Cue to admit that city prosecutors and mayors have let people off the hook en masse when it aligned politically in these situations.

Old 06-13-2022, 11:14 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Won’t see this widely covered like the recent arrest of the “patriots” in a Uhaul trailer on their way to a pride rally. Neither side are good but only one side gets wide coverage

Old 06-13-2022, 11:17 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...otest-violence

It's about time. I want to know how high up this goes. Which Democrats are directing the mobs and the violence? I believe it leads to Obama and Hillary in the end. Biden knew too, before he turned completely senile.
How long before the justice department steps in and says it's all just a big misunderstanding and frees them?

Old 06-13-2022, 11:31 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
How long before the justice department steps in and says it's all just a big misunderstanding and frees them?
Sadly, that’s the probable outcome. Merrick Garland has proven he is only interested in political persecution. He needs to be impeached and removed. Thank God he’s not on the Supreme Court.

Old 06-13-2022, 11:31 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,710,079 times
Over the last several years, San Diego has gone from a solid "Red" City to one heading full speed into "Wokeville". At least they don't seem to be too far gone. Where unlike other cities they would have just not even tried to pursue any charges or indictments.

Old 06-13-2022, 11:39 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
They listen tp[sic] prosecutors say what they have, and indict if they think the prosecutors have a case, in a hypothetical trial. It's an advisory arm of the accusers. You knew that, right?
He's talking about a Grand Jury, not about the Jan 6th show trial the Democrats crafted for TV recently.

Q: What's the difference between a Grand Jury, and the Jan 6th show trial?

A: The Grand Jury is legally constituted, while the Jan 6th show trial has no Constitutional authority to prosecute wrongdoing.

And, a Grand Jury is composed of unbiased people whose judgments are assumed to be honest - factors which the Democrats carefully and deliberately avoided in the selection of the Jan 6th show trial participants.

Old 06-13-2022, 12:28 PM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Over the last several years, San Diego has gone from a solid "Red" City to one heading full speed into "Wokeville". At least they don't seem to be too far gone. Where unlike other cities they would have just not even tried to pursue any charges or indictments.
I'm pretty sure, they look at Portland, Seattle, and Minneapolis lawlessness, and see "a bridge too far".

Old 06-13-2022, 01:38 PM

12,980 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Wait. I thought Antifa was only an "idea". How can an idea have members?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies