Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trum or Desantis?
Desantis 174 78.73%
Trump 47 21.27%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2022, 04:42 PM

4,717 posts, read 3,158,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
In this poll it is one or the other. If you would vote for somebody else it doesn't matter here. I won't put an other option as that invites dems into the thread and my aim is to see who wins at this point with conservatives.
I went with RD because Trump can't win. It doesn't matter HOW BAD it gets with this administration, the hate for Trump is greater. And he continues to talk and act like a schoolyard bully today. Blows my mind. He had a chance to be one of the greateste presidents ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2022, 04:43 PM

21,758 posts, read 9,312,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
While I voted twice for Trump, I don't think he could effectively serve as President. His enemies did everything they could to limit his effectiveness during his term, and it is still going on. It would only continue and he would not be able to be productive.
It's funny that you think they won't do the same thing to DeSantis that they did to Trump. Maybe you are very young.

Old 06-13-2022, 04:48 PM

25,779 posts, read 16,401,223 times
Desantis but only if he’s willing to do what must be done. The leftists need a punch in the mouth to get them back to reality. Education has to be gotten control of and harsh crackdowns on crime and I mean harsh.

Old 06-13-2022, 04:51 PM

17,927 posts, read 27,336,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Agreed, I don't want to see the hissy fits by the left again if Trump were to become president again. We can still have a president with the same policies without all the turmoil and hatred by electing DeSantis. It's all about policy to me anyway not personality.
DeSantis does not have the fortitude that the dems, the weaponized media, the weaponized doj, fbi, cia, nsa, etc. threw at the Republican Candidate... Fill in the blank, John McCain, Mitt Romney, Donald J. Trump.

Trump and only Trump can deal with the onslaught. They weren't going after Trump because they hated Trump. They hate us, they hate America, they hate Freedom, They hate Liberty, they hate "Winning".

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-14-2022 at 08:39 AM..

Old 06-13-2022, 04:52 PM

62,621 posts, read 28,812,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
ETA: parts of my posts keep disappearing.

Anyway, I was going to say: I don't hate Biden but I would consider a Republican candidate if they hadn't gone so extreme. It has all become a silly us v. them football game, a dangerous one. (Yes, from both sides, but now our only choices are crushed unions, etc. AND crazy, that's zero for two.)

I have voted Republican twice in general elections before, actually. If only you guys knew, if you'd back a candidate who was mature and had self-control, and really did seem to want to reach across the aisle, you could pull people like me and might win the popular vote as well as the EC for the first time in decades. But with either Trump or DethSentence you're losing the same people you lost last time. Also honestly do wish I had real choices anymore but it doesn't feel that way anymore.
How have the Republicans gone extreme? Us vs them doesn't fit the Democrats vs the Republicans only the other way around? Trump tried to reach across the aisle and the Democrats slap his hands.

What's wrong with DeSantis being president?

Last edited by Oldglory; 06-13-2022 at 05:32 PM..

Old 06-13-2022, 04:56 PM

23,779 posts, read 14,906,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
He has personality flaws but should they override his immigration policies? I don't think so! An unsecure border will do far more damage than Trump's personality flaws.
You are much more generous than I am.

I want a POTUS who will make the congress get serious about immigration and the border. And about departing Visa overstays and known illegals.

When the great state of Texas knows half the construction workers in the state are illegal, they must know where many of them work. But Texans will be taxed 4 billion bucks next year to keep the guard on the border.

IMO, it will take a lot more than a wall. IMO, Biden is dangerous, AFA illegals go.

Old 06-13-2022, 05:02 PM

18,197 posts, read 16,803,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
360 million people in this country and these two clowns are the best we have to offer?

No, there are some good people out there. It's just that they aren't dishonest enough to be able to snow the American public into believing they could save the country. Truth is they know America is finished no matter who's in office and they don't want the thankless job of trying to save it.

Old 06-13-2022, 05:16 PM

27,347 posts, read 28,421,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
DeSantis does not have the fortitude that the dems, the weaponized media, the weaponized doj, fbi, cia, nsa, etc. threw at the Republican Candidate... Fill in the blank, John McCain, Mitt Romney, Donald J. Trump.

Trump and only Trump can deal with the onslaught. They weren't going after Trump because they hated Trump. They hate us, they hate America, they hate Freedom, They hate Liberty, they hate "Winning".
That may be, but I'm willing to give DeSantis a chance.

I need to be certain he will finish the Mexican Border Wall where Trump left off.

He needs to stop illegal aliens coming into the United States no matter what it takes.

Old 06-13-2022, 06:05 PM

62,621 posts, read 28,812,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
You are much more generous than I am.

I want a POTUS who will make the congress get serious about immigration and the border. And about departing Visa overstays and known illegals.

When the great state of Texas knows half the construction workers in the state are illegal, they must know where many of them work. But Texans will be taxed 4 billion bucks next year to keep the guard on the border.

IMO, it will take a lot more than a wall. IMO, Biden is dangerous, AFA illegals go.
As long as the Democrats want virtual open borders to increase their voter base and amnesty for the illegals already here they will not budge from their position. We need to get rid of the filibuster that's the only way that the Republicans and/or a Republican president can get anything done about illegal immigration. Trump had to go so far as to taking funds from the defense coffers to build as much wall as he could and would have finished it if he had been elected.

Democrats are also opposed to taking away the incentives for illegals to remain here and to continue to come here. They won't sign an e-verify bill, they don't want santuary cities cracked down on, they don't want illegals deported unless they are "convicted" criminals and would never help pass a bill do to away with birthright citizenship for their kids and benefits. These things need to be coupled with the wall. However, where the wall has been built it has been 90% effective in deterring lllegal entry so it is also an effective part of the solution.

Old 06-13-2022, 06:07 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,368,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower72 View Post
I'm not sure if that's entirely accurate.

[2020] Which political affiliation have you most voted for in the past? D:36 R:55
[2019] Are you liberal or conservative - who reads this forum? R:42 CR:24 C:24 CL:43 L:17

Reporting bias would be the issue if you're using preference surveys like the one below to quantify the Democrat sample.

[2022] Who is the better president, Brandon or Trump? B:26 T:173

Simply, even among ardent politicos, there appears to be virtually no enthusiasm in defending the potato administration.

I don't recall in my lifetime the Democrats as demoralized and daunted as they are right now.
Well they can only vote once here. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies