Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2022, 08:38 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,858,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I think most people have brains and see this whole thing is a sham. As a Dem I question why there weren't hearings about the protests at the WH when Trump went into a bunker. BLM leaders threatened to burn down the WH and nothing was done. You can't have a united America when only one side is persecuted.

I also think people are more worried about housing, food and gas. People aren't stupid and have seen the videos of the guards ushering the supposed "insurrectionists" into the Capital. Only some here still are affected by TDS - the rest have moved on and are trying to live life.
Excellent post.

Old 06-15-2022, 08:54 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,645,311 times

Old 06-15-2022, 08:55 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,099,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Right you are, ENOUGH_ALREADY is the only person in America that is concerned about run-a-way inflation and skyrocketing gas prices..
Now log off and go back to CNN....
I believe he stated these are the *only* thing Americans are worried about right now. Actually, some of us can think about more than two things on any given day.

Old 06-15-2022, 09:18 PM

37,162 posts, read 42,340,499 times
It's like they are going for the "drop one episode a week to keep people coming back" hook.

Old 06-15-2022, 10:27 PM

13,649 posts, read 4,375,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
you know, I was just thinking about this the other day.

What they need is someone capable of pulling the Few Good Men Nathan Jessup moment out of Trump.

"You're damn right I ordered that Code Red! You need me on that wall!"

It would be the most entertaining thing ever. So why can't they?
because they are more guilty than what they accuse Trump. Liberals love Hollywood movies especially about the military.

Old 06-15-2022, 11:31 PM

908 posts, read 446,954 times
Not that I know much about this whole affair , but I'd be genuinely surprised if this committee were to fold without even making a suggestion in favor of passing new anti terrorist legislation , targeting domestic terrorism of course .

What with the overseas War on Terror having run out of steam , along with ( it seems for the time being ) COVID related restrictions , it only stands to reason that the movers and shakers within the National Security State are itching for a reason to extend their control .

Old 06-15-2022, 11:49 PM

4,491 posts, read 3,845,501 times
Its obvious that it is being done to hurt Republicans (Non-RINOS) in the midterms. Didn't seem to work for the Texas special election.

Old 06-16-2022, 02:48 AM

11,911 posts, read 5,889,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I think most people have brains and see this whole thing is a sham. As a Dem I question why there weren't hearings about the protests at the WH when Trump went into a bunker. BLM leaders threatened to burn down the WH and nothing was done. You can't have a united America when only one side is persecuted.

I also think people are more worried about housing, food and gas. People aren't stupid and have seen the videos of the guards ushering the supposed "insurrectionists" into the Capital. Only some here still are affected by TDS - the rest have moved on and are trying to live life.
I have to respond to myself as I received a PM from a lib here we all know and love who questioned me because I'm conservative and a Democrat. Guess these younger folks don't realize that there is such a thing - but yes - there are many of us who are fighting to bring back some sort of morals, ethics and normalcy to the Democratic party.

Old 06-16-2022, 06:57 AM

10,920 posts, read 4,661,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It was produced by both the Mueller and the Senate Intelligence Committee reports.

both of those concluded there was no collusion so what are you talking about? have we not beaten this horse into the ground, especially when 2 weeks ago, Hillary Clintons campaign director testified under oath it was made up, Hillary knew it, but said to run with it anyways because it would create, well, THIS? (hint: the answer is yes)

Old 06-16-2022, 08:15 AM

12,983 posts, read 13,731,612 times
I believe that one side's reluctance to revisit what happened on 1/6 and the other side's over zealousness to fan the flames has nothing to do with indicting Trump for the insurrection. Both know that this process will uncover information that can be used against Trump and his allies somewhere else. The committee is way ahead of us. Just like Trump was way ahead of us when he concocted the Big Lie so he could raise the quarter of a billion dollar defense fund, that he didn't need. So I would keep the cork on the Champagne a while longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies