Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2022, 04:18 PM

26,006 posts, read 18,984,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
How so? Should they not have reviewed the law enforcement failures of January 6th?
This horse has been beaten to death by both sides. A group of unarmed idiots stormed the Royal Court, made the royalty crap their pants, busted a few things up, and showed how a conniving Royal Court Security Force can botch things up purposely to entrap said idiots and pin the blame on half the nation for the actions of a few hundred. And then go on and on and on about it for two years.

End of story.

If they really wanted to do some good, they would hold a Royal Inquisition concerning the "Summer of Love" and heads would roll (for reals).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2022, 04:20 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 27 days ago)

35,754 posts, read 18,101,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
This horse has been beaten to death by both sides. A group of unarmed idiots stormed the Royal Court, made the royalty crap their pants, busted a few things up, and showed how a conniving Royal Court Security Force can botch things up purposely to entrap said idiots and pin the blame on half the nation for the actions of a few hundred. And then go on and on and on about it for two years.

End of story.

If they really wanted to do some good, they would hold a Royal Inquisition concerning the "Summer of Love" and heads would roll (for reals).
This is exactly why we need to continue the conversation.

Many were NOT "unarmed". And you can do a LOT of damage without a gun.

We're not going to let this rest while there are still people calling it a clown show.

It was an attempt to kill Pence and Pelosi, led by Trump.

Old 06-15-2022, 04:24 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,423,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

We're not going to let this rest while there are still people calling it a clown show.

It sorta looks like they wanted to get Pence out in order to ave Grassley preside because he would go along with the illegal idea of throwing out the electors from the states where Guiliani and the GOP had managed to get top level GOP folks to sign onto fake electors claims.

In the end this is the heart of it all. Fake claims to be electors to try and steal a election. What went on here is indefensible. These people went too far.

Old 06-15-2022, 04:26 PM

27,683 posts, read 28,786,696 times
Quote:

We already had a trial for this and Trump was acquitted on February 9, 2021.

Anything after that is absolutely a clown show.

Old 06-15-2022, 04:27 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 27 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
It sorta looks like they wanted to get Pence out in order to ave Grassley preside because he would go along with the illegal idea of throwing out the electors from the states where Guiliani and the GOP had managed to get top level GOP folks to sign onto fake electors claims.

In the end this is the heart of it all. Fake claims to be electors to try and steal a election. What went on here is indefensible. These people went too far.
That's what it looks like to me, too.

Especially since Grassley had said that Pence would not be presiding on Jan. 6.

Talk about smoking gun.

Old 06-15-2022, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

No one's making you watch, or participate in the discussion.

But you don't have any right to silence those who want to know exactly what made the Proud Boys come to this insurrection, set up at the Capitol before the speech, and attempt to overthrow the election.

Also, I'm a bit curious what the $5M that Trump's fund spent on the Stop the Steal speech that day was used for. Housing and feeding the Proud Boys? I don't know, maybe.

Old 06-15-2022, 04:30 PM

26,006 posts, read 18,984,305 times
Quote:

Believe me, if someone wanted to kill Pence and Queen Pelosi, they wouldn't have gone in with smartphones. They would have gone in with serious weapons, serious training, and a serious plan.

Me saying, "I think I'm going to go out and shoot me a deer today," just doesn't cut it if I actually intend to hunt a deer. I need the tools and the skills to do that. And a serious military or terrorist operation does as well. Terrorists or would-be assassins are serious. They aren't wearing Viking hats and snapping selfies. They are going in with weapons capable of overpowering any resistance, a clear intent, and a choreographed plan.

Now, can you show me where that rabble had ANY of that? Good Lord, even a bunch of ghetto rat gang-banger teenagers from the hood could have done a better job at offing Queen Pelosi and Uncle Pence than that.

Old 06-15-2022, 04:31 PM

9,553 posts, read 4,381,613 times
Jeebus. How many more tax dollars are we going to waste talking about a bunch of hillbillies and their half-assed attempt at an insurrection? It's over. The dip****s have been prosecuted. We just need to let it go and focus on actual problems - like the economy going down the pooper, for instance.

Old 06-15-2022, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Believe me, if someone wanted to kill Pence and Queen Pelosi, they wouldn't have gone in with smartphones. They would have gone in with serious weapons, serious training, and a serious plan.

Me saying, "I think I'm going to go out and shoot me a deer today," just doesn't cut it if I actually intend to hunt a deer. I need the tools and the skills to do that. And a serious military or terrorist operation does as well. Terrorists or would-be assassins are serious. They aren't wearing Viking hats and snapping selfies. They are going in with weapons capable of overpowering any resistance, a clear intent, and a choreographed plan.

Now, can you show me where that rabble had ANY of that? Good Lord, even a bunch of ghetto rat gang-banger teenagers from the hood could have done a better job at offing Queen Pelosi and Uncle Pence than that.
No one's calling them smart, or effective, Chris.

Just intent on killing Pence and Pelosi. But without the brains and know how to pull it off.

Old 06-15-2022, 06:19 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,280,778 times
Quote:

It’s going nowhere whether folks let it rest or not.

Proof to it being an attempt to kill Pence and Pelosi, led by because Trump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

Bingo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies