Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2022, 08:10 PM

1,752 posts, read 642,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't think this guy should have ever been released, but to try to immediately turn it into a political conspiracy, c'mon. Give it a rest.
I agree it’s not some modern day left wing conspiracy. However, I do think it’s a failure of the justice system. I don’t care that he was found not guilty do to reason of insanity. He tried to kill a president and should spend the rest of his life in jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2022, 08:12 PM

686 posts, read 510,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
If someone who attempted to assassinate a president was let free, and I was president, I think I would be doubling down on security, at the very least. He belongs in a psych ward, both of them actually, forever, throw away the key.
This guy probably has no idea who our president has been for the last 40 years or any of the major events that have transpried sent he was locked away. He probably never even heard of Joe Biden as in 1982 he was still primarily little known.

Old 06-15-2022, 08:15 PM

686 posts, read 510,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
I agree it’s not some modern day left wing conspiracy. However, I do think it’s a failure of the justice system. I don’t care that he was found not guilty do to reason of insanity. He tried to kill a president and should spend the rest of his life in jail.
I do agree. If Reagan had died he would probably have been locked up for life. But I think even an attempt on president's life should et a person locked up for life even if successful or not.

Old 06-15-2022, 08:25 PM

88,863 posts, read 85,308,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
Agreed.

Old 06-15-2022, 09:37 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,141,069 times
Probably hoping he'll go after Biden.

Old 06-16-2022, 06:35 AM

17,889 posts, read 13,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This is where I am on it.
Dude, Matt: 8:26.

Old 06-16-2022, 06:43 AM

57,405 posts, read 26,393,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
So Squeaky Fromme was paroled. Does that make it right?

If these people who tried to kill a President are released why do we still have people still serving life in prison for less?

By the way, Sirhan Sirhan has NOT been released. The LA DA George Gascón(who has his own issues right now) did not fight the parole so it was approved. However, Newsom(in a rare move where he got something right) overturned that ruling and denied his parole. Sirhan is set to fight that ruling at his next hearing sometime in early 2023.
So you don't believe in the Parole Board, anyone serving 40 years for attempted murder that has proven over the years capable of being released should just remain in jail to eternity. He's already been allowed out, was there anything to make anyone believe he is at risk.

Old 06-16-2022, 06:49 AM

21,514 posts, read 10,638,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Hinkley has not been a threat for some time and has been outside St Elizabeths for several years. He inflicted far more damage on Brady than Reagan.
He has been allowed to visit with his parents unsupervised since 2005.
Does he even have anyone who can care for him? It seems cruel to let him loose when he has no one left to care for him.

Old 06-16-2022, 06:50 AM

21,514 posts, read 10,638,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
It's important to understand the deep heart felt hatred and resentment against Biden is so intense on here that some people can't stay on topic. So, the topic is about Hinkley being released, not about Biden.
Well, Biden has earned every bit of it.

Old 06-16-2022, 07:24 AM

45,760 posts, read 27,410,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Dude, Matt: 8:26.
Matthew 8:26 - He said to them, “Why are you afraid, you men of little faith?” Then He got up and rebuked the winds and the sea, and it became perfectly calm.

Dude,

Jesus calming the storm... Hinckley released from prison... you got me on this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies