Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2022, 03:03 PM

3,411 posts, read 4,480,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Old news, but yes. Anybody paying the slightest attention -- I am paying almost no attention at all -- knows that the entire entry into the US Capitol was engineered by plants in the crowd encouraging the normal people, and that the Capitol police held the doors open for people and ushered people inside, after Capitol police moved the barricades out of the way.

It is a shame people were stupid and fell for it, because now it is being "spun" and used against us.

The few Antifa plants that first ran in, should have not been followed by any genuine people. If that happened, the plot would have failed and those plants would never have been prosecuted because they are not the real targets.

Instead, mob mentality took hold and everybody fell for it and entered the building, with doors held open and being ushered in by D.C. police.

I have to take my hat off to the Democrat Party and the FBI. It was a brilliant and well-planned plot and they pulled it off perfectly. They know the psychology of mob mentality and knew that people would be compelled to follow once that took hold.

Great psy op by the Democrats and FBI. It worked like a charm and the stupid protestors fell for it. And as a bonus, the Democrats get to blame Trump for it all.

Oh well. People should have known better and stayed well clear of the Capitol and not taken the bait or got caught up in the mob. They walked straight into a trap and have only themselves to blame. The Democrats are pure evil, but they really pulled off a brilliant maneuver and it worked like a charm.

Hat tip to whoever thought it up. They deserve a big raise and promotion. 20 years from now, a party will be thrown in their honor in nostalgiac celebration.
I'm going to rep you because that's the funniest thing I've read all week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2022, 03:05 PM

6,625 posts, read 5,033,621 times
I just think its outstanding that we can argue that you did a bad thing "because the cops let me do it"

Old 06-16-2022, 03:11 PM

11,908 posts, read 6,243,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I just think its outstanding that we can argue that you did a bad thing "because the cops let me do it"
You are right, but imagine a cop waving a criminal into a bank vault and standing aside while he steals all the money. Then a month later, a cop shows up at the criminals home and arrests him for grand theft.

I can see how the criminal would be just a little bit confused.

In fact, a good lawyer could justifiably either argue entrapment, or say the officer was complicit in the criminal activity.

Police are supposed to stop crime, not enable it. A cop who encouraged a criminal to steal from an open bank vault and watched as the criminal walked away and then got in his car to drive home, would be an accomplice to that crime. He is not like a civilian who has no duty to stop a crime.

Old 06-16-2022, 03:13 PM

30,202 posts, read 18,779,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
As more 'obvious' questions are asked, without answers it appearing that to the common sense folks that Jan 6th was a setup.

At the heightened security alert, the Rotunda doors which are closed much of the time, secured by magnetic lock and codes, and can only be opened from the inside, were somehow opened. No answer provided on to who ordered and why.
Of course it was a Fed setup.

Only liberals think otherwise.

Old 06-16-2022, 03:20 PM

685 posts, read 509,704 times
Apparently, Democrats are so smart, sneaky, and conniving that they conspired, and bought/bribed Media, Big Tech, thousands of federal and state judges (both parties including those who voted for Trump), thousands of state and local Elected and Govnroemnt officials (both parties including those who voted for Trump, hundreds of postal workers, possibly many different government agencies (including those who work for trump) at federal, state and local level, foreign countries, etc,. to plan a grand giant, complicated, scheme to fraud and steal the election, hiring thousands of people to do their dirty work, then cover it up by planning the Jan 6th attack by hiring and paying off hundreds of supporters and agents, storming the capital in Trump gear, and colluding with the FBI and CIA by creating a mountain of fake evidence, videos, etc,

But they are not smart enough to know that Joe Biden could have overturned the Election (since Mike Pence could in 2021) in 2016 and Al Gore could have done the same in 2000 for his own election? Do people not think about how dumb and absurd that is? Why go through all the trouble when they could have just overturned the 2016 Election and risk possibly destroying their whole political career and reputation and possibly years in prison?

Why would Republicans in these states (many who voted for Trump) and other levels of our government risk there their career and possibly spend years in prison helping Democrats rig the Election on someone like Joe Biden? Even most Democrats would not take part in such a thing.

That is just a whacked, insane hill to climb and extremely hard to believe, It makes no sense. It would have been nearly impossible for something of such a massive and widescale magatiduge that would have included thousands of people to succeed. Would have taken a long time to plan a hugely sophisticated operation like that.

Maybe this would have worked in a Third World country but not in the United State with its World Class intelligence community, advanced technology, etc, Eventually, a whistleblower would have spoken up, and Someone part of the plot would have craked and blown the lid open on them, or the whole scheme/conspiracy plot (which is most likely would have happened) would have been uncovered and all would have been busted by the DHS, NSA, and FBI to some other state or federal agency as people started to crack and turn on each other.

I admit there are democrats who are corrupt (and Republicns too) but that is just unbelievable

Last edited by NorthwestResident; 06-16-2022 at 04:05 PM..

Old 06-16-2022, 03:23 PM

15,715 posts, read 9,575,429 times
Quote:
You are right, but imagine a cop waving a criminal into a bank vault and standing aside while he steals all the money. Then a month later, a cop shows up at the criminals home and arrests him for grand theft.

In fact, a good lawyer could justifiably either argue entrapment, or say the officer was complicit in the criminal activity.

Police are supposed to stop crime, not enable it. A cop who encouraged a criminal to steal from an open bank vault and watched as the criminal walked away and then got in his car to drive home, would be an accomplice to that crime. He is not like a civilian who has no duty to stop a crime.
In your analogy, th criminal would have to be a moron not to realize that bank robbery is a crime even if one of his conspirators was a cop. Same thing applies here.

Old 06-16-2022, 03:26 PM

24,075 posts, read 15,194,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Exactly, like they can find a grandma who was in DC on January 6th, but cannot find the person who left pipe bombs at the RNC building, and scattered throughout DC.
They have several pictures of the grandma's face and none of the bomber's.

Old 06-16-2022, 04:16 PM

22,537 posts, read 12,100,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
In your analogy, th criminal would have to be a moron not to realize that bank robbery is a crime even if one of his conspirators was a cop. Same thing applies here.
No, it doesn't apply here.

I'm sure that those who were waved inside, didn't think there would be a problem with taking the police up on the offer. After all, tourists visit the Capitol all the time. Many who were waved in didn't cause any damage, they just wanted to look around---and you know that, too.

Now, a bank robber who comes in to rob a bank and sees a cop opening the vault just for him would see it as a trap.

Old 06-16-2022, 04:21 PM

6,836 posts, read 3,080,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
No, it doesn't apply here.
I think they knew they weren't supposed to be there doing what they were doing even if they were 'waved' in.

Could they have a case for 'entrapment'?

But really,..it amounts to trespassing or disturbing the peace.

A far far cry from "Insurrection" or attempted murder.

Old 06-16-2022, 05:03 PM

6,625 posts, read 5,033,621 times
Quote:

in your analogy you are starting with the premise that the guy is a criminal. Are we saying that the protestors were criminals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies