Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2022, 07:14 AM

13,697 posts, read 8,013,339 times

Advertisements

These women need to quit their jobs, have children, and raise and educate them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2022, 07:17 AM

6,125 posts, read 2,900,418 times
If you cannot stand the heat, then get back in the kitchen!

Old 06-17-2022, 07:22 AM

1,730 posts, read 628,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Is it just me, or does it seem like more people in America these days are crying about how bad they have it and how they should be given handouts and all sorts of government assistance, than at any other time in history?

I seriously cannot see our current society ever being able to handle something like World War 2, softer than a soft serve ice cream in the middle of a hot summer day.

https://massesmedia.com/politics/we-...-capitol-hill/
Agree. People today have no appreciation for how EASY they have it compared to past generations. We are soft. Also, non one owes you affordable anything. If you didn’t want to pay for kids, don’t have them. Not my responsibility to pay for your kids.

Old 06-17-2022, 07:27 AM

1,730 posts, read 628,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
As someone who has to work with people who abuse FMLA that our company pays for even though the government doesn't require, this is my biggest pet peeve about modern society, this entitlement mentality where people think they are entitled to weeks/months of paid leave. It's the parasitic load on the system that will cause it's collapse, if we collapse. It's becoming across the board at this point. The entitlement mentality is strong in this country. We have become victims of our own success and grown soft.

Everyone thinks they are above blue collar or service jobs, so who is going to build new homes and maintain this infrastructure? Even if they take these jobs, the average home price is higher inflation adjusted than at any time in the history of this country... who's going to want to work these jobs with asset prices the way they are? Thing about democrats... they never think about how things get done. They just figure if they throw enough money at the problem, it will magically go away.
I agree that the entitlement mentality is alive and well. However, I know for a fact that many employees in blue collar jobs are treated like crap. I know because I was one of them until I went back to school and shifted to white collar. I have family members whose companies work them 10-12 hour days 6-7 days a week. Hardly any vacation time and the pay is not great. So, I don’t feel bad for those blue collar job owners who are now crying about not finding employees. Start treating them like human beings and work them a normal number of hours and pay them for Pete’s sake.

Old 06-17-2022, 07:36 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,654,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Everyone thinks they have it so bad. Laugh at we older people but I remember when there was not air conditioning. You had to open windows. You couldn't sleep because it was so hot. I remember that my grandmother, a woman widowed with 2 small children in her 30's before SS, who used a wringer washer to clean clothes for a living and then hung them to dry. We are so spoiled and most young people have no idea that previous generations worked from sunup til sundown. There were no gyms, breaks, and days off.

Women wanted all these opportunities - now they have them - deal with it!
But in those days, people didnt have to deal with all that we have to today, there is a huge difference in the two time periods.

If you compare the minimum wage of today, (that has remained the same at the federal level for far too long), with the average pay and COL back then, its much tougher today.

Old 06-17-2022, 07:47 AM

39,897 posts, read 26,582,680 times
Aww, poor babies.

Guess what girls? Adulting is hard.

Seems like these women are just looking for a man to provide for them.

Old 06-17-2022, 07:51 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,914,074 times
Hey, all you single moms need to get your kids' dads to help you support your kids together, and not count on hard-working American taxpayers to help you!

Old 06-17-2022, 07:57 AM

1,721 posts, read 814,526 times
Single mother of a 4 year old...

Should have done the math first.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:02 AM

27,711 posts, read 16,205,775 times
1000 times no. Im sick of being "over taxed"

Old 06-17-2022, 08:04 AM

43,324 posts, read 18,440,585 times
Our work ethic is gone.

The younger ones are so used to Government handing them money, forgiving loans, etc. etc that all they know is to cry to Uncle Sam when things get hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies