Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2022, 07:36 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,583,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Do you see how very ironic your statement is? This is a madman, entering a crowded area bent on harming random people, and he managed to cut 3 of them.

They were treated for their cuts at the airport and continued on their travels that day, without skipping a beat.

See how things go so much better, when a nutjob attacker has a knife, rather than an AR15?

This incident makes the case, perfectly.
Actually, it does, but not YOUR case. "The case" is that I need the semiautomatic weapon to defend myself against an intruder/attacker because a knife will not stop them.

Thanks for helping!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2022, 07:42 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Sharp weapon? Do they not know what the name of the weapon is or are they being PC about the description ?
Knives GIVE feelings.

Old 06-19-2022, 07:56 AM

10,100 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
A mass knifing. We need knife control. Background checks, every blade serialized and its ownership tracked, waiting periods when buying a knife, one-knife-per-month purchase limits, safe knife storage laws, including blade locks so children can't cut themselves or others, liability insurance for knife owners, etc.
lol. I agree.

Old 06-19-2022, 07:57 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Actually, it does, but not YOUR case. "The case" is that I need the semiautomatic weapon to defend myself against an intruder/attacker because a knife will not stop them.

Thanks for helping!
If you had a semi-automatic weapon on you, there would have been at least one death, and likely more as others whipped out their guns also, misunderstanding the situation, and you'd somewhat likely be dead also.

As it is, good thing the airport has a first aid kit and the passengers were fine, although rattled, and the knife wielder is in custody.

See how much better that was than 21 people dead?

Old 06-19-2022, 08:21 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,583,975 times
Quote:
If you had a semi-automatic weapon on you, there would have been at least one death, and likely more as others whipped out their guns also, misunderstanding the situation, and you'd somewhat likely be dead also.

As it is, good thing the airport has a first aid kit and the passengers were fine, although rattled, and the knife wielder is in custody.

lol - being intentionally obtuse doesn't help your misguided argument. Attacks that take place in airports are the except, and might even be called "news worthy". The case is that I need my semi-automatic weapon for my defense, and "sharp objects" are not enough.

At least 80 million gun-owning Americans agree with me, as do a large number of non-gun owning Americans.

Old 06-19-2022, 08:27 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
lol - being intentionally obtuse doesn't help your misguided argument. Attacks that take place in airports are the except, and might even be called "news worthy". The case is that I need my semi-automatic weapon for my defense, and "sharp objects" are not enough.

At least 80 million gun-owning Americans agree with me, as do a large number of non-gun owning Americans.
You're being intentionally obtuse, not me.

The ammosexuals have long said if madmen can't acquire guns, they'll do their damage with knives instead.

Yep. That's more better. We're happier putting up with whackos with knives than whackos with AR15s.

Old 06-19-2022, 08:32 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Good to walk with a cane even if you don't need one.

Old 06-19-2022, 08:35 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
How fitting, one isn't even safe at the airport of the biggest dump in the country (next to New York city).

https://ktla.com/news/california/3-t...-sharp-weapon/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STV-6QtalG8
Ban sharp weapons.

Old 06-19-2022, 08:35 AM

7,371 posts, read 3,533,397 times
at institutions that house people suffering from mental illness, all utensils are made of cardboard. i think we all know what we need to do to make this world safe for everyone.

Old 06-19-2022, 08:37 AM

39,878 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:

Funny how much better things end up when police do their jobs, rather than stand around for an hour. The Texas school killer could have killed just as many children with a machete as with an AR, since no one tried to stop him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies