Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 09:29 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

I read where there will be a "change" not necessarily for the worse.

However, I contend that when the Mayans got to 2012 they just got tired of carving calenders in stone and said to he!l with it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 09:52 AM

423 posts, read 1,532,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Just what the world needs....Another disaster myth...
Why even ask and waist everyone's time when the threds in the correct form

Old 05-24-2008, 10:23 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwing View Post
So will the Maya prediction be right and all hell break loose on 2012 Dec 21?
Should I just sell everything and head to the Netherlands and party
End of sweet, light petrol maybe lol

Old 05-24-2008, 10:37 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Be left behind?
It's a dimensional shift. It means that if you don't graduate to the new dimension, you remain here in this one. In that sense, you will be left behind.

As for fearing it or suggesting it's an end to the world, that's rubbish. Everything that is created results from something else changing shape or being destroyed. Our current system is so imbalanced that the return to "normal" will be somewhat painful, just as a return to health is a struggle after one lets their body get sick. What adds to our predicament here is that there is a concerted effort to make us as weak as possible so we either reject or are unable to make the shift. The dimensional shift is not "something that happens to us", it is an opportunity. As such, this opportunity opens many doorways, some good, some not so good. The choice is yours. Will you be conscious enough to make it? Or will you sleep for another 225 million years?

By the way, the shift will be gradual. Some may have already made it. Funny things are going to happen that our present life experience will not be able to explain. Look into the past, look at the stars, and listen particularly to your gut instincts and intuition. Some strange things will be deliberately done to mislead you. Discern.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
It's a dimensional shift. It means that if you don't graduate to the new dimension, you remain here in this one. In that sense, you will be left behind.

As for fearing it or suggesting it's an end to the world, that's rubbish. Everything that is created results from something else changing shape or being destroyed. Our current system is so imbalanced that the return to "normal" will be somewhat painful, just as a return to health is a struggle after one lets their body get sick. What adds to our predicament here is that there is a concerted effort to make us as weak as possible so we either reject or are unable to make the shift. The dimensional shift is not "something that happens to us", it is an opportunity. As such, this opportunity opens many doorways, some good, some not so good. The choice is yours. Will you be conscious enough to make it? Or will you sleep for another 225 million years?

By the way, the shift will be gradual. Some may have already made it. Funny things are going to happen that our present life experience will not be able to explain. Look into the past, look at the stars, and listen particularly to your gut instincts and intuition. Some strange things will be deliberately done to mislead you. Discern.
Sounds like a subliminal attempt to promote Christianity and the second coming and not the majority meaning of the 2012 prediction of massive solar storms to me

Old 05-24-2008, 11:04 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Sounds like a subliminal attempt to promote Christianity and the second coming and not the majority meaning of the 2012 prediction of massive solar storms to me
Oh my! I'm so NOT Christian! It has nothing to do with any one individual or religion. I ascribe to no known religion. My views are more New Age and I have felt since my youth that things are about to change. We are here for a reason and much of what is around us is fictional. I'm allowing myself to accept that I've been misled and that reality is quite different from what's been promoted, especially by my Christian upbringing. It's my belief that Christianity has usurped these future events for its own purposes. 12/21-22/2012 (whatever day the solstice is on) is the end of a massive cycle and the beginning of another.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Oh my! I'm so NOT Christian! It has nothing to do with any one individual or religion. I ascribe to no known religion. My views are more New Age and I have felt since my youth that things are about to change. We are here for a reason and much of what is around us is fictional. I'm allowing myself to accept that I've been misled and that reality is quite different from what's been promoted, especially by my Christian upbringing. It's my belief that Christianity has usurped these future events for its own purposes. 12/21-22/2012 (whatever day the solstice is on) is the end of a massive cycle and the beginning of another.
I still think its in no way spiritual in any way but a cataclysmic event from the sun changing with age thus the massive fire storm that will knock out many electronics with hugh weather changes THAT'S ALL but not taken lightly.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:48 AM

1 posts, read 926 times
I am not to sure about the end of the world, maybe you should look at these topics, the 13th zodiac sign, were it is situated, and what happens every thirteen thousand years. it is all related to the mayan calender. also the centre of the milkyway.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
So will the Maya prediction be right and all hell break loose on 2012 Dec 21?
Should I just sell everything and head to the Netherlands and party
The Mayans just got tired and bored with chipping things in stone...happens to the best of us.
Why would they bother to continue past '12??? I would've got really bored and had a backache about 1400....

Old 01-18-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallinoz View Post
I am not to sure about the end of the world, maybe you should look at these topics, the 13th zodiac sign, were it is situated, and what happens every thirteen thousand years. it is all related to the mayan calender. also the centre of the milkyway.
What happens every 13 thousand years???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies