Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2022, 03:44 PM

11,182 posts, read 10,960,959 times

Advertisements

How embarrassing for our country. Beyond that I'm speechless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2022, 03:45 PM

42,661 posts, read 17,872,014 times
I can only imagine what will happen if we ever had to go to war and one sailor needs to call out to the other......

Old 06-21-2022, 03:52 PM

5,648 posts, read 5,069,518 times
If and when the US military finds itself again in combat, I predict a lot of friendly fire incidents on the field of battle.

Old 06-21-2022, 07:36 PM

16,446 posts, read 10,478,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
From the article: "The nearly four-minute Navy video emphasizes how members can create "a safe space" for their colleagues by using "inclusive language" that signals they are "allies" who "accept everybody." Service members must take these steps to ensure they do not "misgender someone." The Navy also warns staff against pressuring an individual to disclose his or her gender pronouns, saying that colleagues may still be in "the process of discovery" and not yet ready to provide this information."
You can be sure that the American seamen at the Battle of Midway knew who their enemy was, didn't worry at all about non-inclusive language, wouldn't have known what it meant to "misgender" someone and wouldn't have cared if they did know, and had no difficulty whatsoever about using correct pronouns. Oh, and they also stomped the enemy under the waves, forcefully and without apology. Sad to say, it looks like the U.S. Navy of 1942 is no more.

Old 06-21-2022, 07:41 PM

45,136 posts, read 26,317,877 times
Another reason among many to talk your kid out of enlisting

Old 06-21-2022, 07:56 PM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Here's the crux of the situation.

People want to be "tolerant", I get that I'm extremely liberal\libertarian in that regard....eff off let people do their own thing. I once gave a pep talk to a trans worker at a place I ate at that had some hate thrown their direction. You do you, there will ALWAYS be haters even if you're gorgeous, straight etc. Always.

Kids however are extremely formative. Exposing them to stuff at an early age should be very carefully considered.

Just my 2 cents.

The biggest problem with woke is that they look at rednecks and others for indoctrinating their kids into guns or hunting or CIS culture....with the exact same moral superiority that what they are doing is right and correct and good for their kid.

Think about that.

Old 06-21-2022, 08:00 PM

9,321 posts, read 11,072,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well, if you're a big man, you go stop it instead of sitting in a chair complaining.

Maybe a lack of that is more of a problem than inclusive language.
OK, Big Man, this comes from the Top. So unless you outrank silly milley or secdef or potus, just how do you plan to stop it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I can only imagine how loudly our enemies are laughing at this ****show.
Pitiful. Military has a job, and it's not "understanding" people. It's break things and kill people. This crap borders on treason, it certainly detracts from any mission we may have to undertake.

TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN. This is brainwash brainwash brainwash. No place in our military. God help the United States of America.

Old 06-21-2022, 08:14 PM

37,097 posts, read 42,098,467 times
I'm nobodies ally, especially if they highlight their pronouns

Old 06-21-2022, 08:14 PM

3,732 posts, read 1,427,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://freebeacon.com/national-secu...nder-pronouns/

Glad to see the Navy is focused on the big issues!

It was bad enough when President Biden got thirteen service members killed because of his stupidity in Afghanistan, but we look so pathetically weak in the eyes of the enemy... This crap needs to stop!

From the article:
Let me guess. They need a safe space to hide from racists Chinese and Russian torpedoes?

Old 06-21-2022, 08:16 PM

18,667 posts, read 7,542,298 times
US Navy: Create "A Safe Space" For Colleagues By Using "Inclusive Language" Pronouns That Signal You Are An "Ally"

That's for the sailors' children, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies