Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 12:37 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

IF you watch the whole video the Mayor mentions "new laws".

What a freakin' weasel.

How about ENFORCING laws and giving out tough sentences to violent repeat offenders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2022, 01:04 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

What a freakin' weasel.

How about ENFORCING laws and giving out tough sentences to violent repeat offenders.
Exactly, but it makes them feel better by passing "New laws".

Old 08-17-2022, 01:05 PM

6,666 posts, read 2,969,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Part of me thinks about what would happen if more people started conceal-carrying. I'm wondering what effect that might have. Some of these criminals are so far gone, that only violence itself would stop them.
I have been watching videos of store/street cams where they show CC defending and getting out of random muggings and robberies, but they do not represent the norm.

I don't see NYC encouraging anything like that. People get in trouble defending themselves even without guns.

They're so afraid of 'getting tough' and serious. Afraid of poll numbers or losing votes.

40+ catch and releases on the same dude? c'mon man.

Are they doing this on purpose? This is how you get a Trump. When someone comes along and starts speaking the rhetoric that's been pent up, and people are tired of others ignoring the obvious, you get one issue voters backing them.

Quote:

What a freakin' weasel.

Years and years, people shout about enforcing the laws we already have. This goes for a lot of things.

But I dunno,..they got some marketing wiz telling them making "new" laws does better for your image or polls. Shiny New! Yay! That ultimately falls short after all the money$ they allocated to the 'new' stuff is gobbled up into the ether.

Old 08-17-2022, 01:09 PM

7,334 posts, read 3,804,222 times
They got the crime they voted for. They wanted bail reform, they got it.

Let them live with it. Let the people who can afford it move away and take their money with them.

Old 08-17-2022, 01:21 PM

3,042 posts, read 5,001,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
it's 75%. an Asian woman did the research herself about her own community, because she saw that the narrative that black people the face of the attacks didn't seem correct to her. Of course people here, don't want to admit it but its true. People only focus on the few times black people do something, because narratives.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-a...s-big-n1270821
From her 'report':
Quote:
Systematic analysis of media reports of contemporary anti-Asian incidents by the
University of Michigan Virulent Hate Project shows that the majority of
perpetrators are identified as male and white in upwards of 75% of news stories
when the perpetrator’s race is known in physical or verbal assaults/harassment
So...

1) Don't report race of offender unless they are white.
2) Do analysis against this reported data.
3) Get desired conclusion!

Old 08-17-2022, 01:29 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
it's 75%. an Asian woman did the research herself about her own community, because she saw that the narrative that black people the face of the attacks didn't seem correct to her. Of course people here, don't want to admit it but its true. People only focus on the few times black people do something, because narratives.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-a...s-big-n1270821
Odd, that the race of Perp is only mentioned by mostly Leftist news sources when the Perp is White. That's probably the Hack Professor's source.

Old 08-17-2022, 03:08 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Always these released violent criminals. Always with a long rap sheet and always caught and released to do it again.

We Need Tougher consequences.
Some of these people need to die during a struggle during the arrest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Yes yes yes. The Asians! One of the only minority groups that refuse to play the victim card making the rest of the other minorities look bad with all that darned work ethic.

Sadly this is what it boils down to.
Well there are Jews also, but that hatred started in the late 1960's with the Teacher's Strike. Wait, isn't almost everyone a minority?

Old 08-18-2022, 11:48 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:

What a freakin' weasel.

I agree. We don't need new laws. The laws available need to be enforced better. Tough sentences are needed to. I would also advise that New York State (as well as NYC) make it easier to carry a concealed weapon. Being able to defend one's self is important.

Old 08-18-2022, 11:56 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I have been watching videos of store/street cams where they show CC defending and getting out of random muggings and robberies, but they do not represent the norm.

I don't see NYC encouraging anything like that. People get in trouble defending themselves even without guns.

They're so afraid of 'getting tough' and serious. Afraid of poll numbers or losing votes.

40+ catch and releases on the same dude? c'mon man.

Are they doing this on purpose? This is how you get a Trump. When someone comes along and starts speaking the rhetoric that's been pent up, and people are tired of others ignoring the obvious, you get one issue voters backing them.

Years and years, people shout about enforcing the laws we already have. This goes for a lot of things.

But I dunno,..they got some marketing wiz telling them making "new" laws does better for your image or polls. Shiny New! Yay! That ultimately falls short after all the money$ they allocated to the 'new' stuff is gobbled up into the ether.
New York City needs to encourage more CC. I'm thinking if more people do that, more people can defend themselves. I also think a bigger problem is that defending one's self can get someone in trouble. This is something many criminals know. The average criminal is ready for prison or an early death at the hands of another criminal. Not an early death at the hands of the average, law-abiding citizen. Even then, many criminals don't care.

In addition to getting rid of that "catch and release" way of doing things, something else need to be considered. We have a big mental health issue in this country. We need to address that.

Getting tough on crime is not a hard thing to do. Preventing people from gravitating into a life of crime is hard. That too needs to be looked at.

Old 08-18-2022, 12:08 PM

565 posts, read 471,668 times
Terror in the streets as the Biden crime wave sweeps America!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies