Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2022, 12:59 AM

38,648 posts, read 26,418,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Probably the Trump Store could buy them for 50 cents on the dollar, and not be a total loss.

Kroger, though, shouldn't dirty their reputation by pandering to this.

BTW, OP. About your title. Those aren't "pro America" items. Those are pro-gun items.

What's the distinction such that one becomes exclusive of the other?

Firearms and the actions taken by the Founders to keep them available for the defense of our liberties cannot be separated from the written account of our nation's history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2022, 01:27 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,853,022 times
Quote:
Y'all are crackin' me up.

For all the complaining you've done about BLM signs, and Rainbow signs that are being "shoved down your throats", and refusal to go into a business that has a sign for either of those things, you're sure touchy about someone objecting to Thomas Jefferson wielding an AR15.

it's too soon

That is pretty funny though.

Old 06-22-2022, 03:58 AM

7,425 posts, read 3,567,959 times
sounds like a Karen to me. here in beautiful TN there are tons of offensive things out there mainly involving confederate flags, guns, anti liberal signs. i smile whenever i see stuff like that because i am hopeful it will scare away the left from moving here and making our property taxes similar to New Jersey with all their free nonsense we are supposed to love and banning things they hate

Old 06-22-2022, 05:51 AM

17,020 posts, read 12,617,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Then don’t buy them?
Times a trillion.

Walk on by.

Old 06-22-2022, 05:55 AM

1,213 posts, read 569,473 times
Well I’m offended by pride flags or something, so I’m gonna complain to every store that sells them because they upset me. Let’s see how that goes.

Old 06-22-2022, 06:05 AM

15,948 posts, read 12,311,156 times
I don't buy those types of shirts because they always deteriorate rather quickly in the washing machine, but the left one looks really nice.

There are none of those stores around my area so I can't boycott them for supporting progressive stupidity. In any case, I just got 11 polo shirts for $10 the other day, so I won't need any shirts for awhile.

https://slickdeals.net/f/15857011-co...-free-shipping

Old 06-22-2022, 06:26 AM

89,157 posts, read 44,939,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
There are a lot of items that don’t appeal to me but it would never cross my mind to campaign to have an item removed from a store. I guess that’s one of those “strong Democrat woman [who needs nanny government in her life to help her along the way from cradle to grave]” things I’ll never understand.
You have to be a "Karen" to understand.

Old 06-22-2022, 06:29 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 18 days ago)

35,669 posts, read 18,034,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
Well I’m offended by pride flags or something, so I’m gonna complain to every store that sells them because they upset me. Let’s see how that goes.
From where I sit, it's not going all that well.

But not for lack of effort on the part of those complaining.

Old 06-22-2022, 06:47 AM

5,347 posts, read 3,230,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Just one tweet from a customer and they cave automatically?

What a farce all around.
For context, it's a grocery store, not a home decor store. I'm sure pulling these items, which added nothing to the bottom line, was a no brainer as far as business decisions go. In my Harris Teeter these items are literally on one 10 foot shelf as you enter the store.

I've never gone (or not gone) to Harris Teeter because of the home decor items.

Old 06-22-2022, 06:48 AM

1,213 posts, read 569,473 times
Quote:
From where I sit, it's not going all that well.

But not for lack of effort on the part of those complaining.
It’s all so stupid. I may not agree or support some of the crap out there, but this is still America(for now) and I believe in freedom for all. I would have no problem with anything if everyone else was cool.
In this country it *should* be perfectly acceptable to have a BLM, Pride, Confederate, Patriot or whatever, swag be on the shelves. That’s how it should be. You do you, I’ll do me. But now it’s like everyone is being told how to think, and how to live, or else! It’s stupid. It’s wrong. I actually have no problem with racists for example, as long as they don’t infringe on my life or cause me harm. If you don’t like me because of my skin color or beliefs, that’s fine as long as you are not burning crosses on my lawn or spray painting swastikas on my garage, or giving me a random beat down “just because”. We are trending towards thought control in this country. We are being conditioned to think a certain way and everything else is wrong and you will suffer consequences, hence “wokism” “canceling” etc…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies