Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2022, 09:41 AM

3,495 posts, read 3,117,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
This happened near me. https://www.wxyz.com/news/video-susp...ving-4-wheeler

Not sure if I can say the cops did a good job. I think they would have been totally justified killing the guy. The cops are lucky to be alive. I'm glad disaster was diverted though. And by disaster, I don't mean the thug getting killed. I mean my neighborhood being destroyed by looting and rioting that ensues whenever white cop kills black thug.
On topic: That guy is really lucky he didn't get shot.

Off Topic: Eastpointe has sadly declined from the days when I lived in that area in the mid to late 80s (When it was called East Detroit)
I used to work at the Taco Bell at 9 mile and Kelly way back in the day.
Last time I was there was 2009 or so and it was in rough shape.
Has it bounced back at all?

Old 06-22-2022, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
1) Violence is encouraged by BLM, Dems/Progs, and the left in general.
2) As stated by another poster, they're held up as martyrs when their stupidity results in them getting killed by the police.

Of course Dems/progs/libs don't see the connection. To them, it's somehow a white supremacy issue.
Really? This lefty prog Dem thinks the cops would have been justified in shooting him.
Once they brandish a gun then all bets are off IMO.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:45 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,907,327 times
Honestly I don't think the cop had a choice. When someone pulls a gun, you do not know what that person will do. In that split-second the police have to act. JMO.

ETA: Oh, I see it's already finger-pointing at "lefties" for some reason. I'm "a leftie." There is really a huge difference between slowly suffocating someone to death when he isn't armed, and a person pulling a gun. I respect police, always have and I do as I'm told. Then again, I've never been "a target," but either way, I don't argue with the law and wouldn't unless they were doing something really out of line. I sure as heck wouldn't pull a piece on them. Again...JMO.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:47 AM

29,103 posts, read 14,415,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
On topic: That guy is really lucky he didn't get shot.

Off Topic: Eastpointe has sadly declined from the days when I lived in that area in the mid to late 80s (When it was called East Detroit)
I used to work at the Taco Bell at 9 mile and Kelly way back in the day.
Last time I was there was 2009 or so and it was in rough shape.
Has it bounced back at all?
Sadly, it hasn't. I used to work at the Big Boy and 9 and Gratiot.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:49 AM

9,420 posts, read 4,269,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Really? This lefty prog Dem thinks the cops would have been justified in shooting him.
Once they brandish a gun then all bets are off IMO.
Is it safe to assume that you don't vote for Dem candidates? Because if you do, you're supporting policies that empower violent criminals. If you're a Dem who votes Republican, more power to you.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Sadly, it hasn't. I used to work at the Big Boy and 9 and Gratiot.
Right near the high school, and a frequent stop for me and my friends.
Is that still around?

Old 06-22-2022, 09:52 AM

9,420 posts, read 4,269,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Honestly I don't think the cop had a choice. When someone pulls a gun, you do not know what that person will do. In that split-second the police have to act. JMO.

ETA: Oh, I see it's already finger-pointing at "lefties" for some reason. I'm "a leftie." There is really a huge difference between slowly suffocating someone to death when he isn't armed, and a person pulling a gun. I respect police, always have and I do as I'm told. Then again, I've never been "a target," but either way, I don't argue with the law and wouldn't unless they were doing something really out of line. I sure as heck wouldn't pull a piece on them. Again...JMO.
You might want to educate yourself on some of the anti-police policies put in place post George Floyd. Said policies go far beyond prohibiting the police from suffocating someone to death. Instead, they hamstring the police from doing their jobs which - shocker - has resulted in massive increases in crime in Dem controlled cities. Rationalize all you want, but if you're a Dem/leftist you own this.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:52 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,495,490 times
Im not sure I would call riding a quad down city, to be dangerous behavior, hell, plenty of underage, unlicensed kids, ride dirt bikes, scooters, mopeds on city streets around here, sometimes even the expressway...

Awhile back I asked a local cop why they dont enforce the license or insurance laws on these kids, he told me, "those scooters are just too popular right now, we would be arresting half the kids in the city if we enforced the laws".

I asked him this, because the day before, I had seen a young kid on a scooter narrowly avoid sideswiping another car stopped at a red light. This is an every day occurrence in my tri county area. Most drivers just try to avoid them the best they can. When they get on the expressway, those little scooters cannot get up to speed, so it causes a line of traffic, so each driver can pass them safely. Ive NEVER ONCE seen one of these kids pulled over, or hear they were cited.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Is it safe to assume that you don't vote for Dem candidates? Because if you do, you're supporting policies that empower violent criminals. If you're a Dem who votes Republican, more power to you.
Since you don't know anything about me, it would be foolish of you to make any assumptions about me and who I vote for.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:57 AM

15,237 posts, read 7,293,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishcopper View Post
It's pretty stupid. If he had just pulled over and stopped in all likelihood all he'd have gotten is a traffic citation for driving the ATV on the street or even a warning. For him to bolt like that and flee it's evident he had other issues like no driver's license, outstanding warrants or a felon in possession of a firearm. These guys just don't learn and when they resist arrest and pull a gun and they're shot an killed by the police the left riots and makes martyrs out of them.
In a situation like this where the guy is armed and runs, there's little chance that riots would follow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies