Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2022, 08:19 PM

1,213 posts, read 568,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I agree the Center. Right this ship again because I feel I 'm sailing on the Titanic, and that Iceberg is getting closer
Me too. But good luck with that. The damage done will be nearly impossible to correct. Yeah maybe slow it down a bit but I’m going with not having any faith in our government anymore. So much butthurt between red & blue I just don’t see anything changing for the better any time soon. If at all.

Old 06-22-2022, 08:19 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I agree the Center. Right this ship again because I feel I 'm sailing on the Titanic, and that Iceberg is getting closer
Yes, it is getting closer. And only most of us can see the iceberg and are hoping to avoid it. There are those who are screaming "full speed ahead to the iceberg break this ship apart so the enemy will drown" should be politically ignored.

God Bless America. May we still please exist in 30 years. Will the very far right and the very far left be removed from power, and the rest of us continue on.

Old 06-22-2022, 08:25 PM

1,423 posts, read 726,120 times
Midterms coming up. Biden and the Dems are trying to make it look like they're on your side to win your vote. Post Midterms gas prices will shoot up.

Old 06-22-2022, 08:28 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Wow. Prices are high- here is an 18 cent cut. Waaa.....I don't want an 18 cent cut.

Perhaps look at compensation for oil execs and then re-direct your crazy?
So what’s your genius proposal to reduce gas? Force CEOs to reduce their pay?

Old 06-22-2022, 08:31 PM

1,052 posts, read 452,677 times
Democrats think: Shut up, middle class peasants and take your 18-cent discount. Enjoy it before we make gas $10 so you just stop driving altogether and "save the planet."

Old 06-22-2022, 08:32 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
Democrats think: Shut up, middle class peasants and take your 18-cent discount. Enjoy it before we make gas $10 so you just stop driving altogether and "save the planet."
What do you propose?

Old 06-22-2022, 08:34 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
Me too. But good luck with that. The damage done will be nearly impossible to correct. Yeah maybe slow it down a bit but I’m going with not having any faith in our government anymore. So much butthurt between red & blue I just don’t see anything changing for the better any time soon. If at all.

Doomsday, Doomsday! Get your survival supplies while you can. Things will straighten out, but it will take time. Its not just here in the US, have you been paying attention. Heaven forbid this would of happened under Trump. I can already hear the excuses made for him. Covid remember that. Worker shortages, supply chain problems. About 48 million quit their jobs last year. It cost more to refine summer gas. Not to mention it takes longer. A new refinery hasnt been built in the last 60 years. How many new cars have hit the road since then. Running things on the ragged edge, it doesnt take much to hose up the whole system. Im surprised its taken so long for this to happen. Remember they told you when growing up, save for that rainy day, well its pouring. You should of been more prepared for this. Other then that, have a nice day.

Old 06-22-2022, 08:39 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
I filled up my car (Honda) for $6.31/gal a few days ago, the lowest price in my area. That's more than $3/gal more than that station charged in Jan 2021.
But global crude oil production, and US crude oil production, is higher now than it was in Jan 2021. So what does that tell you?

Maybe that the increase in gas prices since then is not due to oil production, but to other factors, such as increased demand and issues with refining capacity?

Old 06-22-2022, 08:43 PM

4,167 posts, read 4,879,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
POTUS does not control the price at the pump.

Big oil and refineries made clear, they are operating at or nearbcapacity and global supply and demand determines price.

The existing refineries, mostly publicly- traded multi- nationals, do not have the ability to refine most US sourced oil into gasoline, economically.

The purpose of the Keystone Pipeline is to transport Alberta Canada tar sands to refineries and then export. You can’t fill your tank with tar sands. After 4 years of Trump’s Keystone friendly admin, the pipeline was only 8% complete.

Some might recall, Congress authorized leasing millions of acre as in the Arctic Wildlife Refuge. Income from leases and eventual royalties were intended to partially fund the Trump tax cuts. Too bad there was no interest. Trump reduced the amount of land available, hoping to create interest. It did not.

The US has never been nor will it be energy independent- producing what the US consumes.

Biden Praises Gas Prices: “We’re Going Through a Transition Away From Fossil Fuels”

Out of touch as ever, President Biden celebrated record-high gas prices Monday, gushing that the pump pain was part of “an incredible transition” of the US economy away from fossil fuels.

https://www.allsides.com/news/2022-0...ble-transition

Old 06-22-2022, 08:44 PM

398 posts, read 206,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
I filled up my car (Honda) for $6.31/gal a few days ago, the lowest price in my area. That's more than $3/gal more than that station charged in Jan 2021.

What exactly is this $0.18/gal cut supposed to fix? Especially being temporary?
Biden blaming Putin ...

13 hours ago - June 22 2022

A fire erupted on Wednesday at an oil refinery in a southern Russian region close to Ukraine after two drones hit the facility, Russia says.

Operations at the Novoshakhtinsk oil refinery in the southern Russian region of Rostov were suspended after an apparent drone attack, the region’s governor Vasily Golubev said on social media. The fire that erupted has been put out and no injuries were reported.

The refinery has a capacity of 7.5 million tonnes annually

Read more: https://oilprice.com/Geopolitics/Eur...ne-Strike.html

Anyway went to news and this is what was on my screen

What the heck is it oil prices climb strong demand ... Or fall fears of recession ?

My bet is decline CNBC is fake news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies