Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2022, 02:16 PM

29,481 posts, read 14,643,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
He added regulation upon regulation to oil companies that getting new leases takes years with all the stipulations for his green new deal and closed down drilling on Federal land...on and on....

https://americansforprosperity.org/b...ng-gas-prices/

He is so egotistical and inept, along with his administration, they continually play the blame game. I don't believe one word that comes out of his mouth.
Not to mention, lending institutions are shying away from lending capitol to the oil industry. Due to the anti oil rhetoric. Similar to what is happening to the firearms industry.

Old 06-22-2022, 02:16 PM

4,298 posts, read 1,556,072 times
So do people like the free market or not? I'm getting ever so confused here.

I'm all for nationalizing. I'm usually in a minority in that.

Old 06-22-2022, 02:17 PM

43,085 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
POTUS does not control the price at the pump.

Big oil and refineries made clear, they are operating at or nearbcapacity and global supply and demand determines price.

The existing refineries, mostly publicly- traded multi- nationals, do not have the ability to refine most US sourced oil into gasoline, economically.

The purpose of the Keystone Pipeline is to transport Alberta Canada tar sands to refineries and then export. You can’t fill your tank with tar sands. After 4 years of Trump’s Keystone friendly admin, the pipeline was only 8% complete.

Some might recall, Congress authorized leasing millions of acre as in the Arctic Wildlife Refuge. Income from leases and eventual royalties were intended to partially fund the Trump tax cuts. Too bad there was no interest. Trump reduced the amount of land available, hoping to create interest. It did not.

The US has never been nor will it be energy independent- producing what the US consumes.
So you are blaming Trump for this ? How Democratic of you.

Old 06-22-2022, 02:20 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I saw some random people being interviewed by local reporters today asking what they thought of the 18 cent tax relief. You'd be surprised to see how many think it's great! "Hey, it just cost me $90 to fill up my tank"...says one customer. Okay, so if you filled up your 16 gallon tank, the 18 cent relief will save you $2.88. Whoopty-dooo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Shows how ignorant people have become. We really are living the movie Idiocracy.
yes, I'm assuming the local reporter didn't say "that's about a 3% discount"

Old 06-22-2022, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
So you are blaming Trump for this ? How Democratic of you.
she didn't bother googling "KeystoneXL lawsuit" or "Keystone environmental challenge"

Old 06-22-2022, 02:27 PM

16,584 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
I filled up my car (Honda) for $6.31/gal a few days ago, the lowest price in my area. That's more than $3/gal more than that station charged in Jan 2021.

What exactly is this $0.18/gal cut supposed to fix? Especially being temporary?
Create headlines for the leftist media to show how Biden and the Democrats are doing everything in their power to reduce prices caused by Putin and all the rest of the pathetic excuses they have come up with.

Rest assured this smoke screen will work on the koolaid drinkers and the TDS fools, but most now realize the dream of Obama/Biden (now Biden/Harris run by Obama in the basement in PJ's) was to eliminate fossil fuels by making them too expensive for consumers.

Old 06-22-2022, 02:27 PM

43,085 posts, read 18,259,632 times
I like how it's for 3 months...the summer months when people go on vacation. Then ....it's back to high prices.

Old 06-22-2022, 02:45 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:
Not to mention, lending institutions are shying away from lending capitol to the oil industry. Due to the anti oil rhetoric. Similar to what is happening to the firearms industry.
Lending institutions have been told to not lend money to Big Oil.

https://www.reuters.com/business/sus...ts-2021-08-16/

Quote:
The U.S. Treasury Department issued new energy financing guidance to multilateral development banks on Monday, saying the United States would oppose their involvement in fossil fuel projects except for some downstream natural gas facilities in poor countries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
So do people like the free market or not? I'm getting ever so confused here.

I'm all for nationalizing. I'm usually in a minority in that.
What free market would that be? Oil is not a free market by a long shot. The amount of bureaucratic bs and fees has long kept it from being a free market. If it were a free market, we’d be in much better shape.

Old 06-22-2022, 02:51 PM

29,481 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Lending institutions have been told to not lend money to Big Oil.

https://www.reuters.com/business/sus...ts-2021-08-16/

And there you have it. And that rhetoric does effect the global oil industry. Is it the only factor ? No, but it is one of the many

Old 06-22-2022, 02:53 PM

Quote:
you mean this?

where at the end of Trump, the Comptroller of the Currency said "hey, big Banks, you can't make political/climate judgements against Oil companies"? And then 1 week post-inauguration, the Biden Admin froze that new rule?

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-N...o-Oil-Gas.html

or this?

https://news.yahoo.com/aoc-praises-c...223522505.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies