Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2022, 03:26 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snerk View Post
Such faaaantastic "advice" from men. Such know-it-alls.

Contraceptives fail. Menstrual cycles get screwed up.

It's NOT your business. Simple as that.

It is my business when someone murders a baby. At conception a new life is created. That is scientific fact.

Old 06-22-2022, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Call it a crime of passion if you want, for some, sex is spontaneous combustion. For some - it’s planned 3 weeks out on a Tuesday at 8 to 8:30. But contraceptives are expensive and require Drs visits. They need to give it to men - I’m 10000% in favor of male birth control. If they were serious they fix that. But now it’s make babies like rabbits because we are loosing Americans . The highest group is boomers. 40/50 yrs. They will be gone. Why they trying to stop abortions. Things just happen that were not planned or the lovely couple split.

You can get contraceptives for free, stop the lies.

Old 06-22-2022, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
No, it is not as simple as that. My friend was raped when she was younger. No way was she going to have her rapist's baby and I don't blame her.

Instead she had a human life murdered. There was a loving family who would have taken that baby.

Old 06-22-2022, 03:29 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snerk View Post
Such faaaantastic "advice" from men. Such know-it-alls.

Contraceptives fail. Menstrual cycles get screwed up.

It's NOT your business. Simple as that.
Men take part in a pregnancy so why shouldn't they have a voice in this? Most pregnancies don't occur due to contraceptive failure they occur because birth control wasn't used or not used correctly.

Old 06-22-2022, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yeah, not to beat the 70s I Am Woman Hear Me Roar drum, but I'd love to see how many people still said "just keep it in your pants if you don't want to take a pill every single day that will mess with your hair, skin, emotions and your entire endocrine system. Missed one? Oh well! Your fault" if it were the guys who had to take a pill daily and visit the doctor regularly to keep going with it. (Not just daily, BTW. The same time every day.)

I mean how many pregnancies happen as it is because the guy refuses to ride bareback and threatens to leave if the woman doesn't comply? Emotions happen. And sex happens. Nothing new. But many of these dudes can't even be convinced to wear a condom, just imagine what a daily "this will change you into a different person" pill would be met with. Upholding of Roe v. Wade, probably, for starters...

Women got pregnant before legal abortions (and after them; abortion was legal until "feeling life" right through the beginning of the 1800s). Quick fixes used to be: marry them off very early; do it, and pray; do it, get "in trouble" and "go visit an aunt" somewhere for 9 months; "get caught" and the boy ran, and the mother was an outcast and the child grew up in that environment; or shotgun weddings where everyone was miserable.

Sex happens.

In brief:

1. It takes two.
2. Things happen in the heat of the moment, always have and always will.
3. Birth control can be pricey and the best forms require regular doctor's visits, which many people simply can't afford.
4. I knew we'd get a "close your legs" in here but I didn't think it would be in the very first post, so kudos, I guess.

Birth control can be free!

Old 06-22-2022, 03:32 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,676,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
With a decision coming from the scotus soon, I am left with this question, why have an abortion?
Why not just don't get pregnant in the first place.
Contraceptives are inexpensive.
People who don't use them and wind up wanting to end a pregnancy should give contraceptives a second look.
No matter how one looks at it, abortion is the taking of a life.
So, a word to the wise, DON'T GET PREGNANT IN THE FIRST PLACE, then you don't need to have an abortion.
It is as simple as that.
Even when contraception is used completely perfectly, it is only 98% effective.

In the US, there are 55,000,000 women aged 20-44, and if only half of them are sexually active (which is ridiculously low, but I don't want to be accused of twisting statistics), a 2% failure of properly used BC would lead to 550,000 unintended pregnancies EVERY YEAR. That's 550,000 pregnancies in which the woman was doing the responsible thing (using BC correctly) and doing the human nature thing (engaging in sex), but unfortunately a little pesky sperm managed to fertilize an egg.
(Half of 55 mil. = 27.5 mil.
2% of 27.5 mil. = 550,000)

Age stats from:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...y-sex-and-age/

And yes, I understand that BC is not always used perfectly, or even at all. But I don't believe unwanted children should be brought into the world just because their parents skipped/forgot/misused preventative measures.

Old 06-22-2022, 03:32 PM

89,001 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
They're both hard for people who can't get to them, or for teens who need parental consent.
The odds are FAR greater that girls/women are closer to one of the 4,000+ Title X FP Clinics than one of the 272 abortion clinics. PLUS, the Title X FP Clinics are taxpayer-funded so free or low-cost while abortion is neither free nor cheap.

Old 06-22-2022, 03:35 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,676,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Men take part in a pregnancy so why shouldn't they have a voice in this? Most pregnancies don't occur due to contraceptive failure they occur because birth control wasn't used or not used correctly.
No. They don't. Men have sex. They impregnate. They do not take part in a pregnancy.

Sounds like something today's wokesters might say.

Old 06-22-2022, 03:36 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,404,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
With a decision coming from the scotus soon, I am left with this question, why have an abortion?
Why not just don't get pregnant in the first place.
Contraceptives are inexpensive.
People who don't use them and wind up wanting to end a pregnancy should give contraceptives a second look.
No matter how one looks at it, abortion is the taking of a life.
So, a word to the wise, DON'T GET PREGNANT IN THE FIRST PLACE, then you don't need to have an abortion.
It is as simple as that.
Well stated.

Old 06-22-2022, 03:37 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,404,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
It is my business when someone murders a baby. At conception a new life is created. That is scientific fact.
Again, well stated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies