Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2022, 08:57 AM

6,023 posts, read 2,846,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
A woman's body is her own private matter.

Right to privacy.
Take that up with your state. That is all that changed today...

Old 06-24-2022, 08:57 AM

6,666 posts, read 2,972,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Yeah, slavery.
lol,..that made me chuckle. Good one.

Old 06-24-2022, 08:58 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,301,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
What was that BANG?

Ah.

The right shooting itself squarely in the foot, and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

If the far right thinks the left will sit idly by and allow contraception, and same sex relationships to be outlawed, they're grievously mistaken.

THIS is the kind of stuff that will make the midterms not a runaway. At all.

And you were so close . . .
Polls from the few decent pollsters which still exist showed that these two decisions if they went this direction actually gave the GOP a bigger advantage. The Dems who are bent out of shape over this were voting Dem anyway whereas many GOPers if the SC bent the knee here would be more likely to sit out in November

Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Go State!
Its a good thing.

Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Did you even read the decision? Courts cannot decide things based on "political beliefs". Their founding is based in logic and Constitutional fact...
They were sent there to overturn Roe V Wade, and they did it. Like good little minions.

We all saw it, and we all predicted it.

NOW, it's time for the slow take back which will mean electing democrat presidents who will replace Supremes as they age out.

6,023 posts, read 2,846,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
What was that BANG?

Ah.

The right shooting itself squarely in the foot, and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

If the far right thinks the left will sit idly by and allow contraception, and same sex relationships to be outlawed, they're grievously mistaken.

THIS is the kind of stuff that will make the midterms not a runaway. At all.

And you were so close . . .
Someone's upset that she cannot murder children, if she so chooses...

This issue will energize already enthused Republicans just as much as it may energize some Democrats... People care a lot more about not being able to put food on the table and gasoline in their cars...

Old 06-24-2022, 08:59 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
My husband has had a carry permit for many years now; in NY (not the City), Florida, and now PA. We were at our local VFW (Gun Free Zone BTW), and he and his friends were talking about RENEWING their carry permits. Think that is every 5 years here, with an additional fee. What really surprised me was that a few of these men were retired LEO's, as well as Vets. They had to get permits as well to carry in PA.

Hunting licenses are also required. They said they had to renew those as well, more fees. Wouldn't a Hunting License also be a usage charge for your 2nd Amendment Right? I suppose those Hunting License Fees are needed to pay the Game Wardens salaries. State wants the money for that.
"Wouldn't a Hunting License also be a usage charge for your 2nd Amendment Right?"

NO. You buy a HUNTING permit, NOT a GUN PERMIT, in order to take game. Apples and oranges.

The money helps pay for the Depts that control the amount of game you can harvest and other wildlife issues.

Old 06-24-2022, 08:59 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
The fact so many people are upset about this who this decision will never impact makes me laugh. I just sit back and laugh at these morons
Keep laughing, until it affects someone you care about.

Old 06-24-2022, 09:01 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Someone's upset that she cannot murder children, if she so chooses...

This issue will energize already enthused Republicans just as much as it may energize some Democrats... People care a lot more about not being able to put food on the table and gasoline in their cars...
The very thought of Same Sex relationships being illegal will energize the left even beyond what overturning the right to an abortion did.

What I've learned, in my life, is don't **** off a lesbian. And certainly, don't **** them all off at once. There's nobody braver and more passionate about standing up against injustice than a lesbian, and you'd do well to have them on your side. Because they're gutsy.

Old 06-24-2022, 09:01 AM

3,079 posts, read 1,545,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The right to contraception is too firmly entrenched in American society to be overturned.

It is not widely controversial like abortion has been for the last 50 years.
you have your head in the sand. How do you think some contraception devices work? They stop the implantation of a fertilized egg. and many anti- abortion folks dont believe in the BC pill cause it infers with nature! Keep dreaming! we need a revolution in this country and women need to find a backbone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies