Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2022, 12:08 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1450964293881634816

According to The Hill, the President made in statement on October 21, 2021 in Scranton, Pennsylvania. I have no problem with him promoting public transportation, but I take great umbrage with threats of seizure of personal property...
OK thanks for the date but I don't see any "threats of seizure of personal property." just a view that improved public transit options will naturally reduce the amount of cars that need to be driven every day.

When I was stationed in Norfolk I wished that there was a light rail system to get to the base so I didn't have to drive everyday in bumper to bumper traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2022, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
OK. Let's get Xoe out of AF1 and put him on a choo choo.

He has said he wants to put oil out of business. I presume he means AMERICAN BASED OIL. But leave all the tyrants alone. OK.

Yet I see no Air Force One Electric on the drawing boards. I see no presidential limo lektrik on the drawing boards.

Xoe is clearly working for enemies of the USA. Clearly, obviously.
Pretty stupid how you keep calling the President Xoe when it was Beijing Donny before him that was using the Office of the President to enhance Trump Inc. for himself and family members. And guess who pays and files income tax with China......

Don't deflect to every random thought you have about Biden and the Oil industry it doesn't apply to the misleading headline of the OP's article. And if allowed I am sure Biden would take the train back to Delaware if Presidential Security needs and the inconvenience to other travelers wasn't a concern. I can see the electric limo coming because most of the trips are short ones, give it time....

The "enemies of the USA" are only those who can't work together unless their person is in office, no one side always has the right idea...

Old 06-23-2022, 12:17 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
He supports greater use of Public Transportation, whats new there?
"again promoted his infrastructure dreams of taking people out of their gas-powered vehicles and putting them on trains and other forms of public transit."

You can't deny this truth “ you can get in a train and go from here to Washington much faster than you can go in an automobile'. 95 is most often a bumper to bumper crawl and if you don't need to go outside the city limits the train
is a better choice.
Of course. But I cant get on a train and go to work and back. I can't get on a train and go to the doctor, grocery store, or anywhere.
Where this may work in cities or for long, general destinations, this is a big, diverse country and its just not feasible in much of it.

Old 06-23-2022, 12:19 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
I am certainly no Biden supporter, but I think the OP is overreacting to this. I don/t think anyone will be forced to give up their car, unless gas prices force them to do so.

I now live VERY rural in which there is no regular public transportation, so I don't think Biden is talking about transportation in my kind of locale.

But, when I lived in the suburbs, I would have gladly traded in my car IF there was a convenient and efficient form of mass transit. I am fairly sure that millions of other people would say the same.

However, if taking the bus means a two-hour trip to the office versus a 45-minute trip by car, I think many people will say, "No way will I give up my car."

Old 06-23-2022, 12:21 PM

15,438 posts, read 7,491,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
I dont think public transit is a good idea. Either let it be funded privately or get rid of it. If ending public transit helps encourage sprawl that would be a great thing. Living in densely populated cities isnt desirable.
For you it's not desirable. Others like to live in densely populated areas. Don't try to enforce what you want on others, there should be balance.

If you think transit should be privately funded, then so should roads. Drivers of motor vehicles do not come close to funding the roads they drive on. Please don't bring up "but gas taxes", because gas taxes barely cover maintenance in many states, much less new roads.

Old 06-23-2022, 12:23 PM

19,721 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...l-consumption/

That is not your job, dipsh*t!

The automobile equals freedom. You can pry it from my cold, dead hands...

We need to vote 'The Great Reset' out of office...

From the article:
I live in an area that does not even have taxi service. The population is spread out.

Old 06-23-2022, 12:24 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times
Biden's destruction of the American culture continues. It's isn't so much what he says, it's the way he says it.

Every time you turn around he wants to do away with something else, and people feel threatened by it. Yesterday it was cigarettes, today it's cars.

What will creepy demented Biden take away tomorrow?

If he wants to talk about trains he should start with the train wreck that is his presidency. #FJB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Of course. But I cant get on a train and go to work and back. I can't get on a train and go to the doctor, grocery store, or anywhere.
Where this may work in cities or for long, general destinations, this is a big, diverse country and its just not feasible in much of it.
I agree and I have yet to see anyone making a blanket proposal but for that. But there are so many situations where a public transit option would improve peoples daily commute and that's what's being explored but even there its not one solution for everything.

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times
Quote:
I never said it was not. I, simply, took umbrage with threats of seizure of personal property...
His desire and intent are clear. Xoe isn't the smartest guy in the world, he doesn't understand that not everyone commutes between Delaware and DC and you can take a choo choo. And he's always had some government servant to pick him up at the train station. He's not like you and me, he hasn't filled up a gas tank in decades, probably hasn't bought a private vehicle in decades, hasn't bought an airliner ticket in decades, hasn't waited in line with the peasants to board an airplane for decades.

Xoe is not like the common folk he's so fond of Central Planning for. He NEVER suffers ANY consequence for his decisions, just like all tyrannical Central Planners. A train for thee, Air Force One for Me. Classic narcissistic psychopaths.

He's a mean angry tyrant, he's my way or the highway, the peasants be damned. He can do a lot of damage in 2 1/2 years, a lot. Enough that we might never recover.

Old 06-23-2022, 12:25 PM

15,438 posts, read 7,491,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
meanwhile in the real world......of unintended consequences

Britain Paralyzed by Second Day of Nationwide Rail Strikes

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-rail-strikes/
That's been happening for decades. It happened regularly when we lived there in the 70s, and has ever since. Keep in mind that car ownership is not as high in the UK, and in London there is no way to get everyone where they need to go with cars and buses. There aren't enough roads for that, and enough roads could not be built to handle the traffic. London does have the advantage that the underground rail lines were started in the 1860's, and most of the infrastructure built by the 1970s. They are building additional lines, but the bulk of the need is already fulfilled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies