Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2022, 12:39 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times

Advertisements

I live in Los Angeles.

The public trains and buses here in LA are also serve as homeless mobile stations. You have to be out of your damn mind if you are going to take the train, especially at night
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2022, 12:40 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
I did not say anything about Democrats. I said "the left".

Here's an idea......open 5 new oil refineries and require e-verify for all employment.
Well I have yet to see a Republican referred to as "the left" , so substitute "the right" where I said Republican....

I agree lets open 5 new refineries, do you know how to get Exxon and the others to reinvest their money in infrastructure? No issue with e-verify but tell Congress to update our immigration laws already so needed guest workers can legally enter and work.

Old 06-23-2022, 12:45 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
There is no public transit in my town, or almost any other small town.
Public transit works best for people who live in ant colonies. I'll keep my car.

Old 06-23-2022, 12:48 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
There is no public transit in my town, or almost any other small town.
Public transit works best for people who live in ant colonies. I'll keep my car.
Libs live in ant colonies mega cities
Libs want to get rid of cars and replace it with public transportation
They believe their idea is one size fits all

Old 06-23-2022, 12:52 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I agree and I have yet to see anyone making a blanket proposal but for that. But there are so many situations where a public transit option would improve peoples daily commute and that's what's being explored but even there its not one solution for everything.
I hope the powers that be understand this and dont intentionally make it exceedingly difficult for those who rely of gas powered vehicles.

I wish there were a passenger train I could take to work. My grandfather worked for the RR company here about the late 1920's. My Aunts used to take the train from town to town to shop. Towns were more walkable then and they got a discount because grandpa worked for the railroad. Of course they were steam trains powered by coal that was plentiful in the area.

Old 06-23-2022, 12:55 PM

15,437 posts, read 7,491,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
I did not say anything about Democrats. I said "the left".

Here's an idea......open 5 new oil refineries and require e-verify for all employment.
No one builds new refineries any more, they expand existing refineries. Exxon is expanding its Beaumont Texas refinery to handle 250,000 barrels per day of light crude.

Old 06-23-2022, 01:09 PM

4,662 posts, read 1,952,568 times
the problem is these people have never lived in anything but densely populated cities or been privileged and always had access to private transportation. Most of America is not set up for public transportation. We are not Europe with its relatively small countries and concentrated populations. Of course it also doesn't escape me that the California arguably the most liberal state in the Nation has long been known for it's car culture.

Old 06-23-2022, 01:12 PM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...l-consumption/

That is not your job, dipsh*t!

The automobile equals freedom. You can pry it from my cold, dead hands...

We need to vote 'The Great Reset' out of office...

From the article:
I remember this movie as a kid...never thought I'd see people really wanting to live like this in my lifetime....here we are 53 years later.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082642/

Old 06-23-2022, 01:12 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
I would say anyone who advocates for PT hasn’t tried it lately. People do not behave at all and you are in real danger of random attacks.

Old 06-23-2022, 01:21 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I hope the powers that be understand this and dont intentionally make it exceedingly difficult for those who rely of gas powered vehicles.

I wish there were a passenger train I could take to work. My grandfather worked for the RR company here about the late 1920's. My Aunts used to take the train from town to town to shop. Towns were more walkable then and they got a discount because grandpa worked for the railroad. Of course they were steam trains powered by coal that was plentiful in the area.
I don't see cars going away anytime soon, people forget a large part of Biden's infrastructure plan was to rebuild and repair roads and bridges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies