Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2022, 09:58 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,905,699 times

Advertisements

Apparently this is actually going to be a thing.

Quote:
Goldman Sachs' Jan Hatzius found canceling the debt would mainly benefit middle- and upper-income households, contrary to the administration's claims it would help the working poor.

What this means, and just in time for the midterm elections in November, the Biden administration is trying to buy the loyalty of an entire generation by handing out free money. It comes as Democrats face an uphill battle in the elections.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...ahead-midterms

Clown World Achievement unlocked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2022, 10:17 AM

4,960 posts, read 2,243,887 times
My 22-year-old daughter is two semesters away from completing her degree in business from UWF. She will manage to have done so by working full-time and incurring less than 25k in student loans, (paying almost half of it off while still attending college).

She probably would have her student loans paid off at this point had I not advised her to hold off after Biden was elected. It looks like that advice will pay off for her.

As much as I despise the administration for shamelessly buying votes from an irresponsible generation of college graduates, at least I take solace in the fact that for once my tax dollars are helping a responsible, young adult that has her **** together.

Old 05-27-2022, 10:18 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,905,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
My 22-year-old daughter is two semesters away from completing her degree in business from UWF. She will manage to have done so by working full-time and incurring less than 25k in student loans, (paying almost half of it off while still attending college).

She probably would have her student loans paid off at this point had I not advised her to hold off after Biden was elected. It looks like that advice will pay off for her.

As much as I despise the administration for shamelessly buying votes from an irresponsible generation of college graduates, at least I take solace in the fact that for once my tax dollars are helping a responsible, young adult that has her **** together.

Next, do my mortgage.

Old 05-27-2022, 10:19 AM

17,679 posts, read 6,940,386 times
Nice, I have about 10K left. Still voting against every Democrat on the ballot.

Old 05-27-2022, 10:25 AM

18,489 posts, read 8,308,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Next, do my mortgage.
Obama's going to pay my mortgage........

Old 05-27-2022, 10:26 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,239,607 times
Another bribe right before elections, lol. He loves passing out free stuff. Let that Bidenflation roll.

Old 05-27-2022, 10:27 AM

4,960 posts, read 2,243,887 times
Quote:
Next, do my mortgage.
Mortgage, credit card debt, medical bills. The cat is about to be let out of the bag.

Old 05-27-2022, 10:29 AM

7,395 posts, read 3,550,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post

and here is the problem. its the “all about me” attitude and the democrats know it. the long term implications will far exceed the 10k “savings”. no one looks at the bigger picture. why not pay off auto loans, mortgages, credit card debt?

Old 05-27-2022, 10:39 AM

1,134 posts, read 405,554 times
Climate change and student debt are supposedly the two biggest issues for young voters and their "frustration" over the Biden Administration so far.

The DNC realizes they'll have to handle the debt issue before the midterms.

Old 05-27-2022, 10:40 AM

27,169 posts, read 15,347,635 times
Quote:
Apparently this is actually going to be a thing.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...ahead-midterms

Clown World Achievement unlocked.
Buying votes with our money.

Take some of your greased palm money Bidet and pay off some loans on your own.
Another Dem declaration of personal responsibility not required.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies