Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 06:04 AM

29,469 posts, read 14,639,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I think we are witnessing a fantastic Presidency. Lincoln wasn't appreciated enough, and people didn't know what they had till he was gone. Joe Biden's performance is close to Lincolnian in his personal eloquence and Theodore Roosevelt in terms of effectiveness.

Let the good times roll. Biden in 2024!
Must be more satire...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2022, 01:24 PM

21,927 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I agree with you. I'm not sure how the Dems will kick Joe Slide'n Biden to the curb, but I predict they'll cancel Joe before 2024. I'd bet around January 2023...maybe a health-related episode.
It's tricky for them because if Kamala is sworn in, people will see how big of a joke she is, too.

Old 07-01-2022, 05:01 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monello View Post
We keep hearing from joe how wonderful his policies are for the American people. Yet anyone purchasing $5+ a gallon fuel or groceries are experiencing a different reality from the 1 this administration tells us about.

The American people deserve a referendum on this administration. This time with no covid lockdowns and limit on the number of people able to gather in 1 place. No hiding out in bunkers, avoiding the press and their prying questions. No blaming away problems on foreign wars and invisible boogey men.

Covid fears & covid fatigue ramped up the fear in voters in 2020. That fear lead to people being easily distracted and swayed. If another global health crisis arises in 2024, be very suspicious.

Will Americans vote for a 4th obama term or have they had enough of this hope and change strategy?
Agreed

Just like Hitler remaining in Berlin at the end of WW2.

Biden needs to face the music.

Old 07-01-2022, 05:23 PM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
Biden just better hope voters don't walk into the voting booth and ask the election day question. "Is my life better off today than it was 2 years ago?

Old 07-01-2022, 06:29 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,213,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Biden sole job was to defeat Trump. He completed that mission and anything else from him is just gravy. He will be judged on the state of the economy in 2024 not 2022 (it will cost the dems the congress). He should not be considering a second term but rather grooming a successor. The dems can and will defeat Trump if he decides to run. Beating Desantis is a whole different ball game and a much more difficult task. VP Harris will not beat him and the left really needs to be concentrating on who can win in 2024. A Trump supported Desantis will be a difficult combo to overcome and Biden will not be up to the task.
+1

As I see the 2024 presidential election, if the nominees are:

D - Biden / R - someone other than Trump = R win
D - someone other than Biden / R - Trump = D win
D - someone other than Biden / R - someone other than Trump = might actually be a contest, and will depend on the particular candidates, but if the D nominee is Harris, advantage R.

Old 07-06-2022, 08:48 PM

2,654 posts, read 1,180,067 times
I think they will use Jill Bidens wife to talk him into retiring from politics. He might go on TV and make it like he is retiring to be with his wonder wife Jill or some dreamy story like that.

We are damn lucky we haven't been attacked by the Taliban or anyone else yet. We have more than enough problems with home grown terror and violence. If Harris becomes POTUS I shudder to think how she would order our military to approach them if we were attacked. I just hope she does and agrees with anything recommended by our military leaders not her own idiot judgement which would laugh hysterically.

Old 07-06-2022, 08:59 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,922 times
It's impossible for me to imagine a scenario where Biden runs in 2024. He can barely speak now, and he certainly won't be a cunning linguist (like Kamala) in 2024.

I've said it for years -- old people HAVE NO PLACE HOLDING AN ELECTED OFFICE. Biden wasn't a bright guy, or even a mediocre leader, when he was in his 50s. Now this bag of bones is crowding 80 -- did anyone think he was going to get better with age?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies