Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should gay marriage be overturned?
Yes 149 27.80%
No 387 72.20%
Voters: 536. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2022, 07:19 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,457,003 times

Advertisements

Why do we allow straight men who will NOT have abortions OR marry other men, dictate whether or not Americans should be able to have abortions or marry members of the same sex? The very idea is oppressive and backwards.

Old 06-24-2022, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
hate to break it to you, but you'll never create children.

However, should you and your spouse choose to better the world by adopting the hard-to-place American children up for adoption, then more power to you and thanks for making a positive difference in our world.
I mean, I know you're probably quite old, but technology has come a long away my friend. In vitro is a thing. But yes, I am looking forward to adopt the children that heteros did not care to raise themselves.

Old 06-24-2022, 07:23 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,077 times
The Handmaids Tale is starting to look more like a documentary than a story. This country is overdue for a revolution,

Old 06-24-2022, 07:28 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
Yes gay marriage should be upheld. But I have no doubt the current right wing Supreme Court has gay marriage and church-state separation in their sights next. This is why religious evangelicals shouldn't be on the Court.

For you left-wingers who voted for Ralph Nader in 2000 and Jill Stein in 2016, these are the consequences.
If they keep stripping rights and undoing laws, it won't be long before gays can't marry, contraception is illegal, interracial marriage is forbidden, and Ginni can own Clarence as a slave.

Old 06-24-2022, 07:30 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,307,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincho-toot View Post
I mean, I know you're probably quite old, but technology has come a long away my friend. In vitro is a thing. But yes, I am looking forward to adopt the children that heteros did not care to raise themselves.
that's why I edited to say "you and your spouse will never create children". Sorry I didn't do that in time for your response.

Old 06-24-2022, 07:32 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,857,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Government shouldn't recognize any marriage. It is a private matter. Laws should not favor married people over singles.
/\ This right here.
I understand why it was done in the past, but times have changed.

Old 06-24-2022, 07:40 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincho-toot View Post
Why do we allow straight men who will NOT have abortions OR marry other men, dictate whether or not Americans should be able to have abortions or marry members of the same sex? The very idea is oppressive and backwards.
For the same reason why we let women dictate that men must sign up for the selective service. And the same reason why we let non-property owners dictate what property owners can and cannot do with their properties.

Old 06-24-2022, 07:44 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I think Democrats are blowing these comments out of proportion, but for what it’s worth, I voted “no” even though my political views tend to be more conservative.

I think those comments are being way inflated by the Democrats as well. Anything they think will help them put up political hay in the barn. I voted no as well and I am a conservative. There is no more "tending to be" one way or the other anymore.

The way both sides especially the left sees things these days if you're not totally on board with their entire agenda and lean left or right on any one issue you're a liberal/progressive or a conservative. So I gave up trying to ride down the middle. .

Old 06-24-2022, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
that's why I edited to say "you and your spouse will never create children". Sorry I didn't do that in time for your response.
And that's your business because? You know, where I live, its quite rude to mention to people that "You and your spouse will never create children." Do you do that to straight couples where someone is infertile as well?

Old 06-24-2022, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
For the same reason why we let women dictate that men must sign up for the selective service. And the same reason why we let non-property owners dictate what property owners can and cannot do with their properties.

Women don't dictate that, MEN do lol. 99% of war and military based crap is all because of MEN.

As long as you aren't molesting children in your basement or something else vile, I don't care what people do in their properties. Thats what right wingers do. They wanna even tell you that you can't smoke a joint in your backyard after work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies